HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 4 | 4/19/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, FSNF, TSN2, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Barch isn't being put in because the checking line players serve a purpose out there, defensively.

NJ isn't exactly physical either. They're hitting but they're not gooning it up either.

If we were playing the Rangers, Bruins, Flyers, etc. I think we'd certainly see Barch, at some point.
Barch is fine defensively. Smithson was playing wiht Matthias and Upshall, they're not the checking line. Madden, Kopecky, and Sturm would stick together. Smithson or Matthias would come out.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Barch is fine defensively. Smithson was playing wiht Matthias and Upshall, they're not the checking line. Madden, Kopecky, and Sturm would stick together. Smithson or Matthias would come out.
But Smithson can win any given faceoff which this series has already proven is very important. He also played really well tonight, imo.

I guess we can just sit Matthias. He hasn't done anything in awhile.

We need Garrison back.

Maybe Versteeg shouldn't float as much next game, as well; that would be nice.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:46 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
But Smithson can win any given faceoff which this series has already proven is very important. He also played really well tonight, imo.

I guess we can just sit Matthias. He hasn't done anything in awhile.

We need Garrison back.

Maybe Versteeg shouldn't float as much next game, as well; that would be nice.
Matthias is useless. He doesn't do anything. I have no problem taking him out and putting in Barch with Smithson and Upshall.

Garrison is important to the PP and offense overall. I bet he'll be back Saturday unless he hurt himself off the ice.

Versteeg is so frustrating to watch. It's as if he's playing in a a pick up game.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Matthias is useless. He doesn't do anything. I have no problem taking him out and putting in Barch with Smithson and Upshall.

Garrison is important to the PP and offense overall. I bet he'll be back Saturday unless he hurt himself off the ice.

Versteeg is so frustrating to watch. It's as if he's playing in a a pick up game.
Yeah, I think I agree with all of the above.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:47 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

lets get at them next game. Got to turn home ice into our fortress. It starts by selling out the damn place and being loud. I believe in red.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
RainingRats

I don't blame Clemmer tonight for the goals but I think we will see Theo in net on Saturday.

A split on the road is good. Time to take step it up for the 6:30 start on Saturday.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
RainingRats

We could really use Matt Bradley and Jack Skille's grit and forechecking ability. They'd do a good job of neutralizing the Devil's fourth line.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:41 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I hope Guds being fired up towards the end of the game spreads to the rest of the team. I think a game like this in a way was just what we needed to get energized. This easily was the least lack of effort that I've seen from the team so far in the playoffs. As soon as the second Devils goal was scored, I knew we wouldn't come back with the way we were playing. I'd stick in Barch on Saturday and would be fine taking out Matthias since I don't think he'd be a huge loss. Things started getting a little more physical in this game now that the teams haven't gotten to know one another more. The loss of Garrison was noticeable for sure. Hopefully he can be back for Game 5.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
I really wanted a fight at the end. Guds was ready to destroy something.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Good luck on saturday guys. As for the Clarkson and Gudbrunson thing Clarkson isnt gonna fight a guy when the game is already won and risk injury. he's a 30 goal scorer for a reason. Maybe Gudbrunson wins cause he's so much bigger, but Clarkson is one of the toughest pound for pound guys in the league. Won't back down from anyone and always holds his own if the fight makes sense. Youtube that **** if you don't believe me. Hope saturdays game is an epic battle that goes down to the wire cause there's nothing better than playoff hockey like that.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:05 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktard23 View Post
Good luck on saturday guys. As for the Clarkson and Gudbrunson thing Clarkson isnt gonna fight a guy when the game is already won and risk injury. he's a 30 goal scorer for a reason. Maybe Gudbrunson wins cause he's so much bigger, but Clarkson is one of the toughest pound for pound guys in the league. Won't back down from anyone and always holds his own if the fight makes sense. Youtube that **** if you don't believe me. Hope saturdays game is an epic battle that goes down to the wire cause there's nothing better than playoff hockey like that.
Kind of contradiction if clarkson "won't back down from anybody" yet clarkson" isn't going to fight in a game already won"? It never makes sense to fight gudbranson we get it it's cool. Moreover this yr clarkson scored 30 goals, after averaging 12 over the last 4 years..time will tell if it's a fluke or he really is a 30 goal scorer.

Great even series expect nothing less than 7 games!

Old
04-20-2012, 01:07 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I really wanted a fight at the end. Guds was ready to destroy something.
Love Guds, but no one on devs would survive. he really is Jovo 2.0

Old
04-20-2012, 02:55 AM
JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Love Guds, but no one on devs would survive. he really is Jovo 2.0
I went to watch the game at a sports bar in Michigan...well it was a fun experience, no Red Wings game was on so nobody was paying attention to anything.

I was frustrated by the game. I kind of figured our offense couldn't keep up its high octane production (sad that for us, 4 goals is alot). I knew we were going to get shut out once, might as well be this game. Also I think Garrison's absence was definitely felt. He might not score every game, but you have to account for his shot when you defend and it spreads out the defense for everyone else.

I don't think Clemmenson was at fault for the first goal, but he did look bad on a wrister he let in under his arm, and he definitely had some really poor puck handling decisions. I'd say go back to Theodore next game. Main issue I think with Theo is he gets tired, so he can't play all the time..but we probably have a better shot with him.

Once the game was out of reach, I wanted Guds to break something. I think the refs penalized Clarkson to protect him. I still cannot believe Guds is only 20 years old. Dude is a freak of nature.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Strachan was recalled after our game.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Probably as a precaution in case Garrison can't go Saturday. That injury came out of nowhere, we're in trouble if Garrison is done for the series.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
GR says Ellerby was hurt in the getting run into the stanchion, lower body injury. Not sure who plays Saturday yet.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
04-20-2012, 08:35 AM
KW

The boys got a spilt as needed. Maybe the plan is to get the devils stars more tired by game 7. Play hard only games 5 and 7, and opportunistically in game 6. Truth is, we are overmatched as a team, but Dineen's strategy may work still and we can pull off a 7-game upset. Never know.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Haj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
The boys got a spilt as needed. Maybe the plan is to get the devils stars more tired by game 7. Play hard only games 5 and 7, and opportunistically in game 6. Truth is, we are overmatched as a team, but Dineen's strategy may work still and we can pull off a 7-game upset. Never know.
It does feel like that. Hopefully the light didn't go off for NJ in Game 4, where they figured out: "Hey if we don't **** the bed and keep this game at even strength our chances of winning are higher."

Garrison injury is not good. Considering that offense from the back end was our only advantage...and now its diminished if not gone completely. Kulikov will have to step up. Ellerby getting hurt because the NJ bench door opened up is completely ridiculous.

Maybe if Bergenheim buries that rebound on the power play its a different game or we convert on the 3-2, 2 on 1 (Versteeg passes), or the Kulikov mini breakway its a different game. Brodeur played really well.

Old
04-20-2012, 09:02 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
It does feel like that. Hopefully the light didn't go off for NJ in Game 4, where they figured out: "Hey if we don't **** the bed and keep this game at even strength our chances of winning are higher."

Garrison injury is not good. Considering that offense from the back end was our only advantage...and now its diminished if not gone completely. Kulikov will have to step up. Ellerby getting hurt because the NJ bench door opened up is completely ridiculous.

Maybe if Bergenheim buries that rebound on the power play its a different game or we convert on the 3-2, 2 on 1 (Versteeg passes), or the Kulikov mini breakway its a different game. Brodeur played really well.
Garrison also brought alot defensively. Not saying he was the difference maker, Brodeur was out of this world, but if Garrison is out for the next 3 games we're going to have an extremely hard time winning this series.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Kind of contradiction if clarkson "won't back down from anybody" yet clarkson" isn't going to fight in a game already won"? It never makes sense to fight gudbranson we get it it's cool. Moreover this yr clarkson scored 30 goals, after averaging 12 over the last 4 years..time will tell if it's a fluke or he really is a 30 goal scorer.

Great even series expect nothing less than 7 games!
has there ever been a more surprising 30 goal scorer? i just don't see much skill from the guy. Sure hes a very good grinder type player, but I just feel like this year was a fluke. He had a career year and will most likely revert back to normal next year

Old
04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
It never makes sense to fight gudbranson we get it it's cool.
Can't say I blame them, Guds is a ****ing monster. I think it really calms the guys down when they know that even though Bradley or Barch aren't in the line-up, there's still a guy who will look after them and fight if deemed necessary.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

I had a feeling going into this one we'd lose... Brodeur getting pulled and the Devils getting embarassed on home ice, to me, meant we'd have a real battle to win this game. They just wanted it more.

Garrison was missed, and he better be REALLY hurt. I know that sounds harsh, but the playoffs are famous for guys playing injured and with also losing Ellerby we are in serious trouble if Garrison stays out.

Versteeg needs a smack. Seriously... That line needs to get going.

Bergy looked great again, thank goodness for that line.

I know the split is a good thing, but can't help being disappointed with this one. Gotta come out flying on Saturday.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
pantherbot

I'm bothered by our lack of physicality. I'd throw Barch in there just to have someone who isn't afraid to mix it up and give our guys more confidence to throw some hits around.

By the end of the second, the game was still tied but it looked like we weren't playing with energy. If we aren't scoring goals, we should at least be throwing bodies around to get involved with the game in some way. Almost felt like they just kind of slowly drained of enthusiasm as the game went on.

I'd also like to see way more guys going to the net. Brodeur played well enough yesterday but his rebound control was still iffy. Crash the net, throw him off his game. That's how we're going to win this series.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
I had a feeling going into this one we'd lose... Brodeur getting pulled and the Devils getting embarassed on home ice, to me, meant we'd have a real battle to win this game. They just wanted it more.

Garrison was missed, and he better be REALLY hurt. I know that sounds harsh, but the playoffs are famous for guys playing injured and with also losing Ellerby we are in serious trouble if Garrison stays out.

Versteeg needs a smack. Seriously... That line needs to get going.

Bergy looked great again, thank goodness for that line.

I know the split is a good thing, but can't help being disappointed with this one. Gotta come out flying on Saturday.
think of the last two games together. We could easily be coming home down 3-1 if it werent for brodeur's poor game on tuesday. We also knew at somepoint HOF Brodeur would show up and dominate a game.

While its dissapointing to not be up 3-1, did anyone really expect us to win this thing in 5? We are right where we need to be tied at 2 with 2 home games left

Old
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Flame Demers*

devils fan coming in piece,. any news on garisson's injury?

is it a "lower body" or do they know what it is?

my guess is since he skated warmups in g4 that he will play in g5

good luck, i hope u lose but good luck

Closed Thread