Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Zipper89

vCash: 500
Brand New lol, its hard enough trying to find a decent site to talk about OHL rumors, trades, player development ect...

Any other sites you might reccommend?

Old
08-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

just the noof, but it is pretty sketchy and they don't really allow new members...this is becoming the best place pretty quickly..

Old
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Zipper89

http://thehockeyguys.net/with-ohl-tr...ugh-decisions/

Was a good article i came across regarding Barrie's OA scenario entering the 2012 season.

I like that they also indicate keeping Burger ahead of Fotinos seems wrong seeing as he takes up an OA spot & import spot.

Old
08-27-2012, 04:11 PM
niblet

Anybody out there with eyes on the camp today?

Looking to see how just turned 17 years old free agent Matt Cruickshank handled himself out there. Good size D.

Thanks

Old
08-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

That isn't a very good article at all...it tells you nothing....

anyways...Sutchy no-showed like was rumoured today and Beyers also did not partake in fitness testing...the players have heard a rumour as to why but I wont post it...we'll see what happens with him.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:16 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
That isn't a very good article at all...it tells you nothing....

anyways...Sutchy no-showed like was rumoured today and Beyers also did not partake in fitness testing...the players have heard a rumour as to why but I wont post it...we'll see what happens with him.
Why did Sutch not show up? Also I will be there tomorrow to watch. Hopefully whatever is going on with Beyers gets solved.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

I'm hearing a medical issue with beyers...I hope it is resolved too..Sutch stayed home as per the advice from his agent.

He will be a Bull or 67 from the things I am hearing..probably the latter.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I'm hearing a medical issue with beyers...I hope it is resolved too..Sutch stayed home as per the advice from his agent.

He will be a Bull or 67 from the things I am hearing..probably the latter.
Can't we send Sutchy to the Western conference? :s Don't need him scoring OT goals against us in the playoffs...

Old
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
OHLFan8771

Erie has room for an OA and I think Sutch would be a good fit here. He should not cost to much to get but adds some age, size, and is a solid third liner.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Zipper89

The results are up from the scrimmages held yesterday, did anybody happen to catch any of the action? It doesn't appear that Scheifle or any of the big names played, was it more of an oppourtunity to get a look at the younger guys in the system?

Old
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Scheif was given maintenance days. And beyers is injured. Everyone else is here.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Zipper89

How did Fotinos play compared to Burger?

Old
08-29-2012, 12:49 PM
LeafsColts13

A few notes from the scrimmages so far:
- Neiderburger is looking really strong and Fotinos is about average.
- quite impressed with how Bradford and Athanasiou are playing
- Just saw Scheifelie and it looked like Smoskowitz out skating with a coach and former goalie Micheal Huchinson
- Smoskowitz has/had a broken foot I heared from twitter.
- Camara is playing well and I see why people are saying Fatovic might make the team
- Also if Justin Scott doesn't make the team I will be shocked.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:55 PM
LeafsColts13

A few notes from the scrimmages so far:
- Neiderburger is looking really strong and Fotinos is about average.
- quite impressed with how Bradford and Athanasiou are playing
- Just saw Scheifelie and it looked like Smoskowitz out skating with a coach and former goalie Micheal Huchinson
- Smoskowitz has/had a broken foot I heared from twitter.
- Camara is playing well and I see why people are saying Fatovic might make the team
- Also if Justin Scott doesn't make the team I will be shocked.

Old
08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
coltsfan3035

From what i am hearing, no over age players (oconnor buonomo neiderberger beyers) will be playing in the blue/white game tomorrow. I have liked the play from all 3 of the oa's that have played the past two days. Also impressed with Athanasiou, Seraphim and Justin Scott. Interested to see what the team is going to do with the overage players, as i doubt any of the 4 would like to sit and be in a rotation.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

This may be long-winded...go get a beer now...or if you 'Devster' grab a yoohoo or whatever kids drink these days...

After 2 days of camp I have a few hi-lights and some low-lights as well, as some vets are not performing.

Good-
Markkula - love his eye for the net and a great release. Had hope to see more separation speed in first 3 steps though. Gotta ditch the turtle neck though, bro.

Scott - You can see why he was signed this summer. Kid is ready to make the jump. Very good in the circle and works his butt off in all 3 zones.

Golow - very smart player, was great along the boards and you can see the creativity and skill in his hands. Needs to get stronger and work on his skating, but showed well for a rookie. He should play in the league next year.

Perlini- one of the prettiest skaters I have seen. Stephen Nosad still wins though and Athanasiou as well, but this kid can fly. Needs to make decisions with the puck faster.

Corson- Showed skill down low not becoming of a player with the stats he has had. Look for a bit of a breakout year here in a better environment for him.

Bell - blocked shots, fought, scored, everything he has to do to be effective, he did.

Cruickshank - intersting player. 95 from waterloo wolves major midget. showed a lot of skill on the back end and held his own...interesting player.

Garcia - scored a beautiful goal on Tuesday with a big clapper from the point. Kid has all the tools to be an offensive juggernaught.

Fatovic - plays an extremely efficient and smart game. would be an interesting option for 7th D spot.

Bad-
Blackwood - Just never looked comfortable in the net. Big 5-hole and needs tow ork on mobility. The raw tools are there though. Just not a great couple days.

Fotinos - slow start...but I'm not worried. Hat to put him here but he has been bad...?

Adams - Struggled in all facets of the game and was bailed out by his line mates...never got in a groove.

Forslund - not crisp passing, struggled skating...never looked comfortable. I had expected a big camp from the kid too.

Ugly-
Laser - I'm sure he will come around, but man...he has to harden up a bit....very soft in his own zone.

Macdonald - just never got it going. He tested well in fitness testing so you know he put the work in. I hope it is just rust.

Roberge - I saw him play a lot last year and he was obviously intimidated in this camp. He was tossed around and looked out-matched...he didnt bring his best game. I know there is a lot more there. I've seen it.

GREAT-
Athanasiou - Thanks london! 'nuff said - best player on the ice

O'Connor - So efficient with the puck. He can strip a guy without him knowing.

Ekblad - Maybe put out the most effort in all 4 games (everyone in this category did) and looked way better than in U18's I can breathe again! Ek is back.

Buonomo - Steady ole Buonomo. Minimal mistakes, vocal on the ice. Great first pass and improved his skating yet again this summer. I keep saying this but CAPTAIN

Heuther - I wanted Ray to have this kind of camp. I think he can be a toip 6 forward in this league and he showed why thus far. Excited to see what happens in exhibition play. He disappeared last year.

Camara - dude has been a beast. Didn't try much early on but turned it on near the end. He can go to the net at will. Excited to see what this season brings for him. I expect more shift-to-shift consistency.

Bradford - keeps on improving. Skating much better than last year. Makes plays at speed that I dont see from the stands.

Seraphim - big, tough, grinding winger with skill and a nose for the net. What more do you want from a kid? He should make this team.

Don't hate, it's just what I saw....the team may have seen things totally different! Blue and white game goes Thursday night....be there!

Old
08-30-2012, 10:38 AM
LeafsColts13

The blue and white game should be great tonight. Also to add to what I said earlier, Smoskowitz had a walking boot on but played in a scrimmage in the afternoon yesterday and looked good. Also I am glad I'm not the only one who noticed Fotinos had a slow start. Looks like its going to be a good season after some surprises in camp.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Zipper89

Knights Insider giving away your source by name & position is the quickest way to lose a source? I think your asking far to much to be an insider in for the OHL. Im sure you can find a reliable source but will be hard pressed to get all the information your looking for!

Blue & White game tonight should be good (do they announce final roster shortly afterwards or is there still more training to take place?)

Old
08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
DEVSTER

A Yoohoo? What is that...........LoL. Regardless I think that your observations are accurate. I am worried about what happened at the tail end of the scrimmage on Wednesday. The Red team made an immpressive comeback and eventually won, however Bradford and Camara got into a bit of a dog fight. Erik scored on the empty net and then Camara decked him off of his feet. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about but I can't get my mind off of it. After Bradford was checked he wacked Camara with his stick. Again, probably shouldn't worry.

Old
08-30-2012, 11:36 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
Knights Insider giving away your source by name & position is the quickest way to lose a source? I think your asking far to much to be an insider in for the OHL. Im sure you can find a reliable source but will be hard pressed to get all the information your looking for!

Blue & White game tonight should be good (do they announce final roster shortly afterwards or is there still more training to take place?)
I believe that there are still more players to be cut after the Blue and White game, but i'm not 100 percent.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

More cuts will be made after the game....quite a few actually.

Ray Heuther has been dealt to Sudbury for a 5th and a 10th Terrible deal...he is gonna light it up this year.

Old
08-30-2012, 01:08 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
More cuts will be made after the game....quite a few actually.

Ray Heuther has been dealt to Sudbury for a 5th and a 10th Terrible deal...he is gonna light it up this year.
Not a fan of this deal but at least he will get some playing time since sudbury is lacking a bit in the scoring department

Old
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

considering we gave Saginaw a 2nd for him originally.....i hate the deal.

Old
08-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Zipper89

The deal just doesn't make sense, is Ford rushed to get this roster closer to being completed sooner than later?

I guess after tonights blue & white game the coaching staff and mgmt have a deicison on which OA to move (btwn o'connor & buonomo). However i still wish it was Beyers who got moved.

Old
08-30-2012, 01:42 PM
THECC65
Rookie User

Just like Andreas to join the colts and light the lamp 5 times. He is only a 94 as well. Keep your eye on him tonight.

Closed Thread