Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Zipper89;55012099]well said racer14

He is playing very well, shows hustle & heart every shift. Has stuck up for his teamates, scored some beautiful goals, and set-up some very nice plays. He adds an exceptional threat to our second powerplay unit (and if anyone has watched any games thus far, we have a pretty good pp all around).

Give the kid a break, he is going to be an exceptional player and has above average skill, a change of scenery has done Andreas very well. He is a teenage kid playing the sport he loves, no need to criticise him or question his attitude. The past is exactly that (the past) and so far in the present he has been a great player/teammate.

Cant wait for the colts to face the London Knights so they can see what kind of a player he has become when he has the support of his teammates, coaching staff & fans!

It truly amazes me how people overlook these players are going through their most formative years physically, emotionally and socially while in the league!

All those who insist on grinding these kids, think back to yourselves at this age and ask yourselves if you always made the right decisions? Were you smarter and mature as a 22 year old or an 18 year old?

Maturation is a process; some get it sooner than later. Kudo's to AA for looking like he is getting it and best of luck balance of the year.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Pony

Webster has played well? Have to disagree with you here. He has struggled with speed of game and I find it surprising they are playing him over a first-round pick like Yuill. Granted Yuill struggled somewhat early but there is no comparison in the level of talent between the two and Yuill has still been better considering he has not played up to his abilities. He needs to play to turn it around. Webster's upside is nowhere near Yuills. Just being honest here.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:04 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
He has been playing RW with Mississauga.
He's in the face off circle against Monahan (wearing his Steelheads jersey) in his Player of the Week photo. On the wing, his best skill (faceoffs) is wasted. Regardless, once again glad to see he's doing well - he was always a nice kid who was good signing/photos with the little guys.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:13 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
In regards to the 67's trading away some meaningful pieces i dont think that will happen this early in the season but if they continue to slide/stay at the bottom of the eastern conference i hope the colts jump all over the chance to gain a ceci or monahan!!!!
Replace OR with AND and then you're in business. I already have my hotel booked for Saskatoon. I'm serious. Upside: The Memorial Cup is only a 5 hour drive from Edmonton . Downside: I have to listen to Taylor Hall on the radio .

Old
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Pony

Ottawa will not trade Monahan no matter what. Especially when it's likely he will be back next season. Ceci they might if they are out of it, but there is a long way to go. I say Percy is a better fit for Barrie. Better defensively and he was mighty impressive physically in that first round against Barrie last season. None of these players will move until the deadline, if at all.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Wiley Old Vet

I think you have to remember that many of these players are just rookies or in their second year. So much of how they play is the confidence they have which comes from the coaches. Webster has played 10 games in the O. Give him a chance to acclimate. Even Clifford took time to adjust.
What I have liked so far this season is that Hawerchuck has used the younger players in situations that the last 2 years he would only use veterans and Ekblad. I think that will help when the games get more meaningful. This league can be won with 2 lines and 4 d but you typically don't win the playoffs that way.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
He's in the face off circle against Monahan (wearing his Steelheads jersey) in his Player of the Week photo. On the wing, his best skill (faceoffs) is wasted. Regardless, once again glad to see he's doing well - he was always a nice kid who was good signing/photos with the little guys.
He is playing the wing but does take a lot of face offs.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Zipper89

So other then the above mentioned Percy who i admit would be a great addition to the team (however before season started i mentioned this proposal to Racer14 and he had a good point as to why it wouldn't likely take place). Who else should the colts have on their radar to make them a heavy contender for a Memorial Cup run?

Dougie Hamilton (depends on the NHL season)
Stuart Percy
Cody Ceci

Old
10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Dougie Hamilton (depends on the NHL season)
Stuart Percy
Cody Ceci
Trocheck Saginaw has been a common trade partner over the years.
Monahan (I'm not convinced he wouldn't be on the market - I think he''ll be in the NHL next year).
Koekkoek would be nice. Certainly don't like playing against him.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Old Vet View Post
I think you have to remember that many of these players are just rookies or in their second year. So much of how they play is the confidence they have which comes from the coaches. Webster has played 10 games in the O. Give him a chance to acclimate. Even Clifford took time to adjust.
Sure Clifford took some time to adjust, but what we are talking about here is Webster at the expense of Yuill. Alex needs his ice time in all situations. He would make a perfect compliment to Ekblad.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:40 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
I say Percy is a better fit for Barrie. Better defensively and he was mighty impressive physically in that first round against Barrie last season. None of these players will move until the deadline, if at all.
I disagree - I would go Ceci over Percy. Koekkoek too. Hamilton obviously. You're giving up an awful lot offensively with Percy compared to those guys, and I don't remember him being all that impressive defensively in last year's playoff.

Old
10-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Johnsb

Ceci, Perci, Hamilton, Koekkoek?

What would you think Barrie would need to give up for any of them?

Won't be cheap!

Last edited by Johnsb: 10-17-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old
10-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Zipper89

Ceci would probably cost a 1st along with a prospect.
Percy i think would be had for 2 prospects, or a 1st alone.
Hamilton would be multiple picks and a high end prospect, especially if the colts could manage a package of picks & prospects with 1 OA for Hamilton & Strome!!!

Schiefele & Strome as 1st & 2nd line centres would be deadly!!!!!

Koekoek i dont know much about so im not even gonna take a guess.

Obviously if any of the teams the above mentioned players are currently playing for start to drop in the standings the organization will ask for a kings ransom!

Old
10-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Ceci would probably cost a 1st along with a prospect.
Percy i think would be had for 2 prospects, or a 1st alone.
Hamilton would be multiple picks and a high end prospect, especially if the colts could manage a package of picks & prospects with 1 OA for Hamilton & Strome!!!

Schiefele & Strome as 1st & 2nd line centres would be deadly!!!!!

Koekoek i dont know much about so im not even gonna take a guess.

Obviously if any of the teams the above mentioned players are currently playing for start to drop in the standings the organization will ask for a kings ransom!
You also need to remember that trading within your conference seems to cost you an extra player and/or draft pick. You would be better off dreaming about getting Galchenyuk, Cousins, (or as metioned Trochek) all from the West. I think Barrie should be able to unseat the Gens as tops in the East when it is all said and done.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Johnsb

Within your conference or not.

It will depend on what the others are looking for in return. If you have it or can afford to give it up.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:16 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsb View Post
Ceci, Perci, Hamilton, Koekkoek?

What would you think Barrie would need to give up for any of them?

Won't be cheap!
Hamilton will be gone to Boston for sure. Which leaves Percy, Ceci and Koekkoek. All of them will be worth at least 3-5+ draft picks and a prospect or two. The draft pick # goes up or down depending on the players included. For those who don't know OHL teams can't trade first round picks. And yes it will be a higher cost if the player stays in the conference.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Zipper89

Thank you for the clarification i was not aware OHL teams cant trade first round picks. Are they able to say select a player then trade him the same year?
Ex: Perlini from Barrie (They better not!!!!!)

Was looking around the league, Kitchener is performing miserably thus far. And they have some excellent pieces up front. Along with Plymouth, might be a few teams Barrie should contact regarding:

Noesen
Wilson
Rakell
Reider
Faksa
Puempel

Old
10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Hamilton will be gone to Boston for sure. Which leaves Percy, Ceci and Koekkoek. All of them will be worth at least 3-5+ draft picks and a prospect or two. The draft pick # goes up or down depending on the players included. For those who don't know OHL teams can't trade first round picks. And yes it will be a higher cost if the player stays in the conference.
Remember what the Colts gave to Niagara a few years ago.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:39 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification i was not aware OHL teams cant trade first round picks. Are they able to say select a player then trade him the same year?
Ex: Perlini from Barrie (They better not!!!!!)

Was looking around the league, Kitchener is performing miserably thus far. And they have some excellent pieces up front. Along with Plymouth, might be a few teams Barrie should contact regarding:

Noesen
Wilson
Rakell
Reider
Faksa
Puempel
No chance that Plymouth and Kitchener trade those players away. This is supposed to be a year they are contenders and will not even consider trading some of those players all year let alone this early in the season.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Zipper89

I don't mean this early, but if Plymouth or Kitchener remain a bottom of the conference team you wouldn't think they would try and sell off players to re-stock the cuppboards with draft picks & young players?

Old
10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
I don't mean this early, but if Plymouth or Kitchener remain a bottom of the conference team you wouldn't think they would try and sell off players to re-stock the cuppboards with draft picks & young players?
I don't think it will come to that. Kitchener is off to a rough start but will pick up their play. It is more likely to see them trade for Percy type player than trade any assets away. The team has to much talent to stay near the bottom of the conference.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:43 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Unsigned first rd picks can be traded during a small window before the season starts. There is an example almost every year. EG Domi to London. As well there is a week prior to deadline where 1st rd picks can be traded. EG Kujawinski (?) Rychel et al

Quote:
I don't think it will come to that. Kitchener is off to a rough start but will pick up their play. It is more likely to see them trade for Percy type player than trade any assets away. The team has to much talent to stay near the bottom of the conference.
Spott has stated they are goin for it this year so I doubt they move any talent as well. Plymouth as welll should be able to right their ship soon enough.

Old
10-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

they ment first round picks in the future...and you cannot trade them...you alos cannot trae a 16 yo until the window opens Jan 3rd-10th....so any deal involving garcia/perlini would have to wait until then.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:44 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
they ment first round picks in the future...and you cannot trade them...you alos cannot trae a 16 yo until the window opens Jan 3rd-10th....so any deal involving garcia/perlini would have to wait until then.
Can Garcia be traded my friend? I thought it was only your first pick that could be traded as a 16 year old...which would mean Perlini as the only tradeable asset (if I'm correct).

Old
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Remember what the Colts gave to Niagara a few years ago.
Ceci, Percy, Koekkoek, and even Hamilton (who would be the closest) are not of the same caliber as Alex Pietrangelo was. We're talking about a guy who already had 2 WJCs, 8 AHL games and 17 NHL games under his belt when he was acquired - more experience in those three categories than the other four combined. To me those other guys aren't even the same discussion as him and that cost Strome, Gronvaldt, 2 seconds, a third and a ninth round pick. Even that was probably a little more than it needed to be because:

a) The Colts knew the Spitfires were loaded and they needed to pull out all the stops.
b) Marty probably knew where he was headed and tried to stock the cupboards...

I don't think Ceci or Koekkoek would cost nearly that much. A second, third and a prospect...like Yuill if Webster is now ahead of him on the depth chart

Closed Thread