HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Zipper89

vCash: 500
Twittersphere is showing a trade relating the Soo.
Could this be the minor deal Krazy Kanuck mentioned btwn barrie & them?

Who from the Soo do you think we would target? Cousins, Nurse, Sproul, Broll...

Old
12-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Didnt take him long to meet the league disciplinary committee.

Who da thunk it?
First let me state that I am not a great fan of Lemieux and agree with Luvtowatch that in my eyes this was a waste of a forth round pick. I would assume that by the time his Major Junior years' are over he will have moved between 4-5 teams, maybe even drop out of the league-as teams (and teamates) lose patience with his antics.

This being said looking at the check I do not believe it warrants an 8 game suspension. I know that watching the video is not the same as being at the game but to me this looked like an quasi innocent push. Maybe a 1-2 game suspension to send out a message that players need to be a bit more careful with their opponents around the boards but not eight games...there are much more blatant "attempts to injure out there that go unpunished"...just my thought.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
coltsfan3035

Any news on the severity of Lepkowski's injury? With Camara, Scheifele gone already, this is not a good sign for the Colts.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
amyles
We The North

Anyone know why Ekblad is not playing today?

Old
12-16-2012, 02:35 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
Anyone know why Ekblad is not playing today?
Not sure. Maybe U17? Domi is also out of the lineup for the Knights...

Old
12-16-2012, 02:36 PM
krazy kanuck

Maybe we should do another deal with the Knights. Andreas Athanasiou, really seems to be working out. Knights fans said he would come back to earth...well, he hasn't yet...

Old
12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Not sure. Maybe U17? Domi is also out of the lineup for the Knights...
That's what I thought at first too, but other under 17 players are playing today. Maybe he is hurt? Domi was suspended 2 games on Friday.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
My guess on Ekblad is there may be a minor injury and they didn't want to make it any worse for the U-17. Also like to point out that Athanasiou got his 38th point in 33 games, a new career high in 30 less games. He has given 100% every game, curious if London fans still think he is going to go back to the way he was in London.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
My guess on Ekblad is there may be a minor injury and they didn't want to make it any worse for the U-17. Also like to point out that Athanasiou got his 38th point in 33 games, a new career high in 30 less games. He has given 100% every game, curious if London fans still think he is going to go back to the way he was in London.
Points mean squat especially in the watered down East.

I wish him no luck.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Points mean squat especially in the watered down East.
Huh? Statements like this don't build much credibility in your posts. Of course points mean something. If they didn't, awards wouldn't be handed out for top scoreres in just about every league around. Watered down East? He has 14 points in 11 games agains the West. That's better than his PPG rate against the East.

Also, it looks like at his current point total, he'd be top 3 on the Knights in scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I wish him no luck.
Holding grudges against teenagers isn't really healthy. I wish you all the luck in the world...if that's your mindset, it sounds like you need it.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
First let me state that I am not a great fan of Lemieux and agree with Luvtowatch that in my eyes this was a waste of a forth round pick. I would assume that by the time his Major Junior years' are over he will have moved between 4-5 teams, maybe even drop out of the league-as teams (and teamates) lose patience with his antics.

This being said looking at the check I do not believe it warrants an 8 game suspension. I know that watching the video is not the same as being at the game but to me this looked like an quasi innocent push. Maybe a 1-2 game suspension to send out a message that players need to be a bit more careful with their opponents around the boards but not eight games...there are much more blatant "attempts to injure out there that go unpunished"...just my thought.
I have heard that it didn't take very long for him to become very unpopular. The older boys do not like him and his arrogance.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:27 PM
newfy

Obviously Barrie fans are liking Athanasiou but with Scheifele gone is he starting to get regular PP minutes now? And how has he been in his own end?

I know hes a burner but would you consider him the fastest player on the team?

Old
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I have heard that it didn't take very long for him to become very unpopular. The older boys do not like him and his arrogance.
Lemieux doesnt "get it". I get the impression he thinks his attitude shows some type of leadership or toughness. He doesnt realize that he is a loose cannon or that team-mates dont want to be on his team. He drains people of there energy. His dad let him do and say anything he wanted. He has a very spoiled attitude. Im not saying he cant change, but if he doesnt the room in Barrie will suffer.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:22 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Obviously Barrie fans are liking Athanasiou but with Scheifele gone is he starting to get regular PP minutes now? And how has he been in his own end?
I don't get to see many games anymore and most of what I've seen has been on TV. In terms of his own end, he can't be that bad. His +/- is third best on the team. I don't love that stat, but comparing against teammates it says something. As far as PP, it doesn't seem like he has any additional special teams points over the last couple weeks.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:00 PM
tolmie79

any world in colts town that were looking to add a Dmen or an power forward to help out Mark an Andreas an Anthony in the scoring area

Old
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolmie79 View Post
any world in colts town that were looking to add a Dmen or an power forward to help out Mark an Andreas an Anthony in the scoring area
I haven't heard anything but if they do make a move, they can't sell the future. There was a rumour a few weeks ago including the Soo but maybe someone knows something I don't.

Old
12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolmie79 View Post
I've heard rumours of both. I'd say this though, when I team has 5 of the top 25 in league scoring, I'm not sure that's a huge priority. It would be nice to upgrade a little, but hopefully the cost isn't too high. Next year was the target...shouldn't lose sight of that...although MS19 being here might change that (assuming the NHL doesn't start up next month).

Old
12-30-2012, 04:56 AM
LeafsColts13

Tough loss last night. Very sloppy all game and after the colts would score they would give up a bad goal. This team is missing Ekblad and Lepkowski the most right now imo and hopefully they get another shutdown defenceman at the trade deadline.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
Tough loss last night. Very sloppy all game and after the colts would score they would give up a bad goal. This team is missing Ekblad and Lepkowski the most right now imo and hopefully they get another shutdown defenceman at the trade deadline.
Be nice to have Buonomo, wouldn't it? 4 assists and a plus 6 in the 6 games since returning from his suspension. Regardless, come playoff time EK5 will be playing 30+ a night.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
coltsfan3035

Would be nice to have Buonomo. I am a Beyers fan, but I believe Ekblad could do what he does on the PP just fine. Yes he is offensively gifted, but even though his plus minus doesnt show it, he is not a good defensive player and IMO is very lazy. Any update on Lep for a return?
Also on Buonomo, 5 assists in 6GP and a +6 with only 4PIM since his return to SSM lineup.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

If Barrie fails to win this year and Scheifele is here the remainder of the year....the reason, imo, will be keeping beyers and dealing buonomo...hands down...

Old
01-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Johnsb

Ekblad & Lep will make a world of differance to this team. All should be good on the back-end. Could us a big power forward like BR from niagara to fill that spot.

Last edited by Johnsb: 01-03-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
LeafsColts13

Good bounce back game against The Ice Dogs tonight. Hopefully this continues throughout the weekend. Hopefully Ekblad will be back tomorrow or Saturday. From what I hear Lepkowski will be a few weeks. Athanasiou, Beyers, MacDonald, Bradford and Hall have really stepped up their game with Scheifele and Camara at the WJC. I agree with the comment by Racer about Buonomo and hopefully they can get a similar player at the deadline pending the NHL lockout lasting the season.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:37 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
If Barrie fails to win this year and Scheifele is here the remainder of the year....the reason, imo, will be keeping beyers and dealing buonomo...hands down...
I agree. I don't think I'll ever forget that image of him in the hallway after the first overtime in game 2 of the series against Ottawa last year. I can't remember seeing someone pour out so much heart and soul...that character will be missed. Any chance they get him back Racer?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Pony

Keep in mind guys that the Colts are hoping to host next year's Memorial Cup, so they want to ensure they are still a strong team next season and have pieces they can move. I believe their first priority is to acquire players who will be here next season. Their needs are another top defenceman and a power forward or another top six scorer up front. In that case, I would believe the Petes' Koekkoek would have to be near the top of their list. Ottawa's Monohan is another if he is indeed going to be available. These two would be very expensive, but would give them stars who will be back next season. If not, they could get Koekkoek and perhaps trade for a Ritchie, Leivo or Koko if he returns to Windsor. As for Buonomo, he is gone and won't be back. Beyers is going nowhere. The East is fairly wide open, so we could see a few teams stock up this year.

Closed Thread