HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Pony

vCash: 500
Love it. A lot of people picking Belleville to beat Barrie. This will be a close, tight series but the Colts are the better team and they will prove it. Only way Bulls pull this out if Subban stands on his head and Niederberger struggles. Colts in 6. Oh yeah, FREE OC

Old
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Love it. A lot of people picking Belleville to beat Barrie. This will be a close, tight series but the Colts are the better team and they will prove it. Only way Bulls pull this out if Subban stands on his head and Niederberger struggles. Colts in 6. Oh yeah, FREE OC
It was the same thing last series when everyone was picking Oshawa to win. People seem to really underestimate this years Colts team. I am also predicting Barrie to take the series in 6 games. They will definitely get a huge boost when O'Connor gets back.

Also, game one on Friday will be shown on Sportsnet One.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Attack Fan

Looking forward to tonights game on Sportsnet and rooting on the Colts!!! Go get'em Barrie!!!

Old
04-19-2013, 09:04 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
The Colts played a decent game today that was headed to overtime until Dotchin got a penalty on a good play, he got the puck first. They gotta come back strong for game 2 tomorrow.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:28 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Was watching this one with the sound off, while listening to the Bulldogs Caps game from Hamilton. I just might get to see Schiefele and/or Austen Brassard here on the Rock next season

Old
04-20-2013, 11:05 AM
bcspirit

Watched the replay this morning and I have to say another game decided by a Ferguson, not sure how Monette gets suspended for the season for an off ice tweet and Ferguson keeps getting to do games in spite of his putrid on ice conduct. Time to win game two and go back home even.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:30 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcspirit View Post
Watched the replay this morning and I have to say another game decided by a Ferguson, not sure how Monette gets suspended for the season for an off ice tweet and Ferguson keeps getting to do games in spite of his putrid on ice conduct. Time to win game two and go back home even.
I thought the call on Dotchin was bad but the non-call when The Hamburglar got ran over was worse. Hopefully the boys can split the series tomorrow night. I'd like to be up 3-1 after 4, but if the Colts can be even and be in a best of 3 situation with OC returning that would be just fine at this point.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:46 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Barrie beasted yesterday, lead by Sheifele and Neiderberger. Really wish that I could watch these games.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
LeafsColts13

I wonder if people think the Bulls still have the goaltending advantage. Great all around game for the colts and Niederberger and Scheifele were the stars tonight. Hopefully they can get back to the BMC and win the next 2 games.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Barrie beasted yesterday, lead by Sheifele and Neiderberger. Really wish that I could watch these games.
http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
I wonder if people think the Bulls still have the goaltending advantage. Great all around game for the colts and Niederberger and Scheifele were the stars tonight. Hopefully they can get back to the BMC and win the next 2 games.
I think the goaltending has been pretty even. Only one of those goals could really be blamed on Subban (#3)...screened on the first, nobody to defend Scheifele on the second, breakaway on the fourth (what a move by MacDonald (boy this kid will produce with some icetime - Hutchings 2.0?) and the fifth was a bit of a fluke.

Don't forget about Ekblad either...another great game. A five game point streak with 3 goals and 7 points over that span - playing very well defensively and stepping up offensively with huge minutes when they need him most. The kid is turning into the premier defenceman in the OHL.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:05 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

I think the goaltending has been pretty even. Only one of those goals could really be blamed on Subban (#3)...screened on the first, nobody to defend Scheifele on the second, breakaway on the fourth (what a move by MacDonald (boy this kid will produce with some icetime - Hutchings 2.0?) and the fifth was a bit of a fluke.

Don't forget about Ekblad either...another great game. A five game point streak with 3 goals and 7 points over that span - playing very well defensively and stepping up offensively with huge minutes when they need him most. The kid is turning into the premier defenceman in the OHL.
Once MacDonald gets a top 6 role next season his production is gonna increase a lot. I see him as a possible 30 goal scorer next year. One of my favorite players this year.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:41 PM
BrianA

Below is a Quote from Jsavoire on Bulls forum.What is the Colts fan response?I said it is a given that OHL officiating is inconsistent and Colts will be on the other side soon enough.

Yes, but AA of the Colts to do the dying act worse than most Soccer players is truly classless! Then comes out and double-shifts the entire rest of the game! Shameful. And poor Jordan with two hands on his stick and stick on the ice and playing the puck gets tossed for the game with a 5 minute major, which was the SECOND one of the game against the BULLS and you're gonna tell me that wasn't totally one-sided officiating?!! And I rarely ever say a thing about officiating but 2 MAJORS with 2 guys getting tossed, a 2 and 10 to Graovac for getting jumped and pummeled before he tried to stop it and on and on was just out of this world one-sided!

Old
04-23-2013, 07:38 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Below is a Quote from Jsavoire on Bulls forum.What is the Colts fan response?I said it is a given that OHL officiating is inconsistent and Colts will be on the other side soon enough.
How about: If Subban gets less than 10 games, he should count himself lucky! That's what our defenceman got on a wreckless (not malicious) hockey play even though he was a first time offender.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:26 PM
krazy kanuck

Up 3-1 with O'Connor coming back on Friday...this was about the best we could possibly hope for in a reasonably even matchup without our Captain. At least OC should be well rested for the rest of the playoffs.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Renegader

Full marks for your Colts. They are proving they are the better team. Belleville's undisciplined play is killing them.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:22 PM
amyles
We The North

Lemieux has turned out to be a very good pick up by Barrie. Everyone wanted to kill him tonight and then he goes a scores the winner in OT . Loved his celebration, he was just ecstatic after he scored that goal.

That was not the greatest played game by Barrie but they still managed to get the win. That's what good teams will do, they will always find a way to win no matter how bad they play. I also loved Subban's reaction at the end of the game. He smashed his stick of the boards and then threw it down the ice. He hasn't even been bad in the series, he has just got no help by his teammates.

Also, kudos to AA for sticking up for himself by fighting the other Subban. It is going to be great seeing O'Connor back on the ice in game 5.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:49 PM
LeafsColts13

Lemieux's decision to come to Barrie has worked out for both sides. Looks like his off ice issues are behind him and he is becoming a great player. He is the colts pest, he has drawn numerous penalties in the playoffs and gets under people's skin.

About the game tonight, it was pretty even with the colts having a slight edge and better scoring opportunities. Subban was outstanding tonight and Niederberger would like the third one back. On to Belleville for game 5.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:39 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
It is going to be great seeing O'Connor back on the ice in game 5.
Interesting to hear OC say that they should leave Ekblad on the first PP unit. He is leading all OHL defencemen in goals. Having a talent like OC running the second PP unit? Wow, what a boost to that part of the game. It's not necessarily surprising that the Colts are running the best PP in the playoffs, but their PK is the best among the remaining teams as well (by a considerable margin). This team is really clicking at the right time...mind you I think the regular season results would have been much better had they not lost so many man games to WJC-NHL-Injury-Suspension.

Hopefully they can keep rolling!

Old
04-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Bubba P

Quote:
Up 3-1 with O'Connor coming back on Friday...this was about the best we could possibly hope for in a reasonably even matchup without our Captain. At least OC should be well rested for the rest of the playoffs.
If the Colts win the series it will be so nice to see Branch hand O`Connor the trophy after the 10 game suspention. Talk about poetic justice.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:14 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Interesting to hear OC say that they should leave Ekblad on the first PP unit. He is leading all OHL defencemen in goals. Having a talent like OC running the second PP unit? Wow, what a boost to that part of the game. It's not necessarily surprising that the Colts are running the best PP in the playoffs, but their PK is the best among the remaining teams as well (by a considerable margin). This team is really clicking at the right time...mind you I think the regular season results would have been much better had they not lost so many man games to WJC-NHL-Injury-Suspension.

Hopefully they can keep rolling!
Anyone worrying about the effect OC will have on the chemistry of a team that's gone 9-1 since his suspension needs look no further than the comment you just posted that he made. Now there's a true leader for you.He sees what the team is doing and doesn't want to mess with it, he just wants to do what it takes to win.

And Ekblad has been awesome.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:53 PM
aresknights

Barrie looks to be in good shape, as does London. They still gotta one more but Im pulling for a Barrie/London final.

Memorial Cup bid teams, AA returns, 2 talented squads.

Good luck Barrie

Old
04-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Bubba P

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Barrie looks to be in good shape, as does London. They still gotta one more but Im pulling for a Barrie/London final.

Good luck Barrie
Good luck to London also. It should be a great series. Not alot of people picked Barrie to do so well. And by the why, thanks for AA. He has been nothing but a great team player here.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:07 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

Good luck Barrie
Well, I'm sure that Belleville won't just roll over and the games have been close but hopefully the Colts can get it done...

A Barrie London matchup would be an ideal matchup for the OHL...like you say 2 bidding teams but more importantly two very fun to watch teams and many future pros...

Old
04-27-2013, 07:04 AM
LovetheO
Rookie User

Video Replay

What happened last night on the Barrie goal that was disallowed?
Frame by frame video replay clearly showed the puck had 100% crossed the red line before time ran out. If the Rogers guys in Barrie can slow it down frame by frame to see this, what was the video replay official looking at?
Few picked Barrie to win this series, few if anyone picked Barrie in 5, so Barrie in 6 or 7 will still be the underdog pulling it off.
I think Barrie will put it away at home tonight, and OC who was finally freed from Branch's ridiculous suspension, can hold up the Bobby Orr.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetheO View Post
What happened last night on the Barrie goal that was disallowed?
Frame by frame video replay clearly showed the puck had 100% crossed the red line before time ran out. If the Rogers guys in Barrie can slow it down frame by frame to see this, what was the video replay official looking at?
Few picked Barrie to win this series, few if anyone picked Barrie in 5, so Barrie in 6 or 7 will still be the underdog pulling it off.
I think Barrie will put it away at home tonight, and OC who was finally freed from Branch's ridiculous suspension, can hold up the Bobby Orr.
The TV feeds are not accurate , was on twitter convo last night. Some run on delays from 1-2 seconds up to 7.

Closed Thread