HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

give the Ducks a new Chris Kunitz

Old
04-19-2012, 03:50 AM
Elvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeyton View Post
Still, he's not that good, and is probably overpaid. I wouldn't really want to acquire him, let alone give up an asset that good.

I'd definitely toss it for Pavelski, though, maybe add a bit. IMO he's exactly what we need.
Pavelski would be ideal, the question here though is... If Sharks are making a shake-up in the offseason, wouldn't they be moving guys like Thornton and Marleau and starting to build their team around Couture, Pavelski and a few others? And if they were to trade him, isn't Anaheim like the last place on earth they'd trade him too? Personally I would never trade Bobby Ryan to the Sharks unless an equally good player came the other way.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:56 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
No one has said it yet, so I will: Penner.
This. I'm so sure that Murray goes after him during summer. Or he allures Penner to Anaheim with pancakes.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Whats wrong with Penner? As long as he takes a serious pay cut, Which he deserves.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Pavelski would be ideal, the question here though is... If Sharks are making a shake-up in the offseason, wouldn't they be moving guys like Thornton and Marleau and starting to build their team around Couture, Pavelski and a few others? And if they were to trade him, isn't Anaheim like the last place on earth they'd trade him too? Personally I would never trade Bobby Ryan to the Sharks unless an equally good player came the other way.
Ideally they probably do, realistically, though, that might be tougher than they'd like, as both those guys have NTCs and might want nothing to do with leaving. To sort of rebuild on the fly, that 6th overall pick and whatever else is a nice trade chip, too. Obviously Anaheim's far from an ideal place to send him, but if it's a package that makes the most sense, tough to ignore it, even if you're sending him to a rival. Anaheim and San Jose have also not had much difficulty trading before in the past.

Also, to the guy who said Kennedy, I definitely like that one. Wanted him bad last year, and while I think some Pens fans have soured on him, I like him as a fit with Getzlaf and Perry. What'd the cost of that be?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Whats wrong with Penner? As long as he takes a serious pay cut, Which he deserves.
While I don't have a problem with Penner per see (as long as he's on the cheap), as I posted earlier he doesn't play Kunitz's style of hockey at all. In fact, he's another big, slow forward who is prone to get too fancy at times and will take shifts off. We have too many of those already, not to mention that he's inconsistant when it comes to using his body. I'd like a Kunitz/Tuomo Ruutu-like player that plays a hard north-south game, a kamikaze type of player would do wonders for Getzlaf and Perry imo.

Quote:
Ideally they probably do, realistically, though, that might be tougher than they'd like, as both those guys have NTCs and might want nothing to do with leaving. To sort of rebuild on the fly, that 6th overall pick and whatever else is a nice trade chip, too. Obviously Anaheim's far from an ideal place to send him, but if it's a package that makes the most sense, tough to ignore it, even if you're sending him to a rival. Anaheim and San Jose have also not had much difficulty trading before in the past.

Also, to the guy who said Kennedy, I definitely like that one. Wanted him bad last year, and while I think some Pens fans have soured on him, I like him as a fit with Getzlaf and Perry. What'd the cost of that be?
True, forgot to think about NTC's. Still I don't think they'd be interested in shipping him to Anaheim so I don't see him as a realistic option really, but would be stoked if Murray somehow pulled it off. Agreed on Kennedy, should be available for a reasonable prize, especially if Pittsburgh reaches an early playoff exit. Not that he's extremely physical either, but he's still a feisty forward, skates hard and isn't too fancy with the puck.

Last edited by Elvs: 04-19-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old
04-19-2012, 04:58 AM
n0rthstar

What about Rene Bourque? Id imagine he could be had rather easily from the Habs, though he is a RW'r, what do you guys think?

Last edited by n0rthstar: 04-19-2012 at 05:09 AM.
n0rthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
What about Rene Bourque? Id imagine he could be had rather easily from the Habs, though he is a RW'r, what do you guys think?
Too expensive for the next 2 years.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Bennrocks

Crazy idea here..... Ott? would be a lot easier to see if realignment had gone through

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Paladin2799

Kulemin+Grabovski for 6th overall+36th overall+2nd 2013

Hit both birds with one stone.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Kulemin+Grabovski for 6th overall+36th overall+2nd 2013

Hit both birds with one stone.
How do you justify this?

Grabo for 6th and Kulemin for 2nds (1 of which belongs to the oilers)?

No thanks, too much salary not counting the raise Kulemin is going to get AND I am not even going to get into the value of the trade.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:58 AM
CobraAcesS

I could see Downie being had from the Avs depending on what was coming the other way. Although you probably wouldn't like the price.

It would take either Etem or the 6th especially after Downie signs a fairly cheap contract. Downie had experience playing with guys like Stamkos and St. Louis. The reason I say it's that much is because there are not many teams that would want to part with a guy like that unless they at least have the potential for an upgrade.

Wingers that can play top 6 minutes and grind it out without being a liability and put up points are pretty valuable. With that being said if I was a Ducks fan I wouldn't worry about it to much you guys have some good prospects that will fill those holes sooner or later.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I could see Downie being had from the Avs depending on what was coming the other way. Although you probably wouldn't like the price.

It would take either Etem or the 6th especially after Downie signs a fairly cheap contract. Downie had experience playing with guys like Stamkos and St. Louis. The reason I say it's that much is because there are not many teams that would want to part with a guy like that unless they at least have the potential for an upgrade.

Wingers that can play top 6 minutes and grind it out without being a liability and put up points are pretty valuable. With that being said if I was a Ducks fan I wouldn't worry about it to much you guys have some good prospects that will fill those holes sooner or later.
Not sure if serious..... Ducks pass and pay half the price for a different 40 point winger.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Exit Dose

Downie worth the 6th overall or a blue chip prospect? Howzat?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:45 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Not sure if serious..... Ducks pass and pay half the price for a different 40 point winger.
Good luck with that because they are not exactly that easy to find. Especially guys that are physical and can grind it out while putting up the points your looking for. We had to give up an in his prime and proven top 4 D just to get the guy. Neither of the assets I asked for are proven players.. Like I said in order to force a teams hand it would cost you. On top of the fact that your looking for a very cap friendly contract as well.

I am serious on the price but I also said that there is no reason for ANA to make a trade either. You guys have plenty of wing prospects.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

I know who wouldn't be a good fit: Chris Stewart

Stories is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:03 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Leafs offer up Clarke MacArthur. Gritty player who's not afraid to go into the dirty areas. A little soft on the puck but with good linemates he can put up 50 - 60 points a year. Good playmaker, good shot, can score a lot of dirty goals.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
Was just coming here to suggest him.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:24 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
How about..... Kunitz?

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
How about..... Kunitz?
There's no chance that the Pens are going to deal him.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
rockinghockey

Horton only got a 15th over all pick and is better than Dubinsky

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Sager
U talkin to me punk?

Tangradi?

edit: jk, never giving him up

Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Horton only got a 15th over all pick and is better than Dubinsky
I never said Dubinsky was worth the #6 overall pick, but that the pieces in the OP won't fetch him. Btw, the deal you're referring to also included Dennis Wideman to Florida.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRocket91 View Post
RJ Umberger, Kris Versteeg, Ryan Malone are three realistic possibilites. I'd think Malone would waive his NTC to play with the twins. RJ like Nash probably wants to get out of the Columbus. Versteeg might be harder to pry away because of his success this year but he'd be a good fit as well.
There's your guy, Umberger would be a great fit
Quote:
Still, he's not that good, and is probably overpaid. I wouldn't really want to acquire him, let alone give up an asset that good.

I'd definitely toss it for Pavelski, though, maybe add a bit. IMO he's exactly what we need.
Only way that happens is for Ryan; Ryan is the more skilled player but Pavs has that word I hate to use; intagibles, he is more consistant and accountable, a true lead by example player with incredibly hockey sense
both GM's would probably hang up

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
I think they already have a future(potential) Kunitz: Palmieri.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Good luck with that because they are not exactly that easy to find. Especially guys that are physical and can grind it out while putting up the points your looking for. We had to give up an in his prime and proven top 4 D just to get the guy. Neither of the assets I asked for are proven players.. Like I said in order to force a teams hand it would cost you. On top of the fact that your looking for a very cap friendly contract as well.

I am serious on the price but I also said that there is no reason for ANA to make a trade either. You guys have plenty of wing prospects.
So you are saying, "they are hard to find, so overpay to the point that you could have gotten a #2 center with the assets" right? Great asset management there.