HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

In the System Part III (All Preds minor league and prospect talk)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 01:40 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Not gonna happen... We don't trade for or draft for purely offensive players unfortunately
After 14 or 15 years you still expect the same old thing from Poile?

Old
02-24-2013, 02:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

We will likely wind up in the late teens/early 20s and miss on the top offensive talent.

Fortunately for Poile, this draft is loaded with offensive defensemen and character two-way forwards ranked 15-30, so i imagine he will get his man regardless.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:38 PM
adsfan

Scott Ford had an MRI today. It is supposed to be a lower body injury.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:00 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Looking like Hellberg has officially jumped Smith for the starting job in MKE.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:03 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well Smith looked horrible the little I saw last week against Clevelands team.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:07 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We really need to trade for a top offensive prospect or take a reach on one in this draft. A pure offensive player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Not gonna happen... We don't trade for or draft for purely offensive players unfortunately
I would argue that Poile does this periodically when such players are available at our draft position, which as we all know has not been high in a long time..

Radulov and Wilson are the two that come immediately to mind(and remember Poile traded up to get Wilson, something people seem to forget when saying Poile wont trade to get what we need) and Im pretty certain Upshall was thought of as a scorer when he was drafted...

oh and its been a while but he did trade for this Sullivan guy who ended up scoring quie a few before he got hurt...

Old
03-03-2013, 12:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

When I update my roster ap on my phone it really helps me to see who's hot. Aberg and Budish. And who's not; Leipsic.

I should have an updated Prospect chart tomorrow.

Quick Edit: The Preds will have prospects in all three CHL leagues for the Memorial cup: Halifax, Kingston, Oshawa, Portland, and Kelowna. Kingston is solidifying their spot but have not locked themselves into a playoff spot. Portland and Kelowna hare #1 and #2 in the Western Conference in the WHL. (Sissons and Leipsic should make the Memorial Cup), Halifax is #1 in the Q and they are a good front runner for the Memorial Cup. (Andrews). Oshawa and Kingston plays at 2PM EST.

Another Note, Chet Pickard's regular Season is done in Europe.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 03-03-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
As good as he appearently has been over there, i'd love to see him called back over to practice with the bid squad. Let Mitch Korn work with him for a few months.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
As good as he appearently has been over there, i'd love to see him called back over to practice with the bid squad. Let Mitch Korn work with him for a few months.
The disappointment for him was he did not get his team out of relegation but stat wise he looked good.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im pretty certain Upshall was thought of as a scorer when he was drafted....
No he wasn't. He was a feisty, hard working player that could chip in. It was believed that Lupul would go but Poile decided to go for the hard worker instead. He actually left Lupul, PM Bouchard and Semin to go for Upshall. Upshall is the standard example of Poile drafting forwards.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
No he wasn't. He was a feisty, hard working player that could chip in. It was believed that Lupul would go but Poile decided to go for the hard worker instead. He actually left Lupul, PM Bouchard and Semin to go for Upshall. Upshall is the standard example of Poile drafting forwards.
You're right that Upshall was not labeled as a scorer, however no it was not believed that Lupul would go before him. They were very much a tossup with Upshall being more of a sure thing, but with a lower ceiling. Lupul had to get traded what like 5 times before he finally put up decent numbers? He was awful again this year before he got hurt. PMB and Semin were in a tier below both of them so I'm not sure why you even bring them up.

It was rumored that Poile didn't even want to draft in that year and tried to trade the 6th overall for some immediate roster players, but no one bit. Probably because it was considered a weak class.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I believe we actually got a 3rd rounder from Anaheim for not taking Lupul.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
No, it isn't. Djurgarden still have at least six more games, starting on Tuesday, with a chance to go to the Kvalserien and get promoted back to the Elitserien. Considering the fact that Pickard played in 45 of Djurgarden's 52 regular season games and was key to their fifth-place finish (and fifth-ranked defense), odds are good he will start at least five of those games, if not all six...

Old
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Ill post this here too

Why did Cory Conacher only play 5 games with the Admirals? Was that the terms of his tryout in 2010-11? He scored 3 goals 2 assists in those 5 games. I dont know why we didnt sign him after that stint. He has been tearing it up with the Lightning recently and is a calder candidate.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Ill post this here too

Why did Cory Conacher only play 5 games with the Admirals? Was that the terms of his tryout in 2010-11? He scored 3 goals 2 assists in those 5 games. I dont know why we didnt sign him after that stint. He has been tearing it up with the Lightning recently and is a calder candidate.
He played very well with Milwaukee on a ATO right out of college, and Admirals fans were pretty sure he would stick around...then...he didn't. Got a tryout with TB\Norfolk and won rookie of the year in the AHL.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:39 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
He played very well with Milwaukee on a ATO right out of college, and Admirals fans were pretty sure he would stick around...then...he didn't. Got a tryout with TB\Norfolk and won rookie of the year in the AHL.
Yeah I am just curious as to WHY he left. Did we not offer him an NHL contract like TB or did he just not want to be here?

Old
03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Yeah I am just curious as to WHY he left. Did we not offer him an NHL contract like TB or did he just not want to be here?
well, we had no rights to him. it's easy to point fingers at poile\fenton for letting him slip through the cracks, it just might be a matter of TB being more desirable to him or offering a better opportunity.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

It would be hard to imagine us not offering a contract after he put up point per game numbers. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised knowing our management.

edit: Just read he has type 1 diabetes. Didn't know that about him. Great feel good story he has.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:53 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
It would be hard to imagine us not offering a contract after he put up point per game numbers. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised knowing our management.

edit: Just read he has type 1 diabetes. Didn't know that about him. Great feel good story he has.
he was also born with his bladder outside his body, and was cut from his team as a 16 year old. Incredible story for sure.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
well, we had no rights to him. it's easy to point fingers at poile\fenton for letting him slip through the cracks, it just might be a matter of TB being more desirable to him or offering a better opportunity.
thats what i was wondering if we offered him a contract and he declined, or we never offered him a contract, or if he decided to look elsewhere.

I think he wanted to look elsewhere, but he was undrafted/unproven so it makes it seem like a guy on a TO will take the first offer available...

Old
03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Next wave of Preds prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...top-20-ranking

Old
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
thats what i was wondering if we offered him a contract and he declined, or we never offered him a contract, or if he decided to look elsewhere.

I think he wanted to look elsewhere, but he was undrafted/unproven so it makes it seem like a guy on a TO will take the first offer available...
That's not always the case though. Many times more players will have multiple offers to tryout and will actually test the teams and systems a little before signing longer term. Sounds like that is more than likely the case.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I believe we actually got a 3rd rounder from Anaheim for not taking Lupul.
that is correct.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
That's not always the case though. Many times more players will have multiple offers to tryout and will actually test the teams and systems a little before signing longer term. Sounds like that is more than likely the case.
Yeah thats why I said I think he wanted to look elsewhere

Old
03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Kritty

Anthony Bitetto

Curious what the word is on Anthony Bitetto? Sounding like he may be another defenceman unearthed by the Preds.

Closed Thread