HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Alex Galchenyuk - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 draft) (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I don't want to poor rain on your parade but I highly doubt that half of the players that you listed will play in the NHL in 4 years nevermind all of them on the habs. The hamilton players have been mediocre this year and the montreal market/fanbase are very hard on young hockey players...
Tinordi has been good while Beaulieu not bad.

For the habs sake I hope galchenyuk continues this pace and does so in the AHL or the NHL when he is ready.

12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
HabsRHockey
Rookie User

Quote:
I don't want to poor rain on your parade but I highly doubt that half of the players that you listed will play in the NHL in 4 years nevermind all of them on the habs. The hamilton players have been mediocre this year and the montreal market/fanbase are very hard on young hockey players...
alright,

so who in those players would be a lock longterm ?

Subban and Price
probly add Galchenyuk and pacioretty

who else?

Old
12-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboneer View Post
Strome had 3 points last night... seems that Galchenyuk will be hard pressed to catch him in the scoring race (especially now with the world juniors/ (hopefully?) NHL training camps rolling around...

then I realize Galchenyuk is one year younger, and missed all of last season...

hes a player thats for sure
Put Dougie Hamilton on Sarnia and Galchenyuk blows past Strome.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:22 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRHockey View Post
in 4 years from now,
Habs will have some serious fire power

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Collberg

Hudon - Eller - Gallagher

Bozon - Desharnais - Leblanc

Geoffrion - Bournival - White

Gorges - Subban

Tinordi - Beaulieu

Ellis - Emelin

Price
Quote:
alright,

so who in those players would be a lock longterm ?

Subban and Price
probly add Galchenyuk and pacioretty

who else?
Well the defence is not that far fetched, so I could see something like that as I do think Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis will be NHLers down the road...but none of those 3 are "100% locks" per se. The forwards are an issue though. The only "surefire" Nhlers in that list are Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Eller, Desharnais, Leblanc and White. As for the rest, they have some very good potential, but most were just drafted recently (except for Geoffrion, and Bournival to a lesser extent)and we'll have to see how their development goes over the next couple of years. I will say one thing though, if we manage to get 4 regular NHL forwards out of the 2012 draft, it will have been one of Timmins best, if not, HIS BEST draft....2007 will be tough to beat though

Old
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
To be fair to the players in Hamilton, it's not going to look pretty when you basically overhaul the entire team and replace almost everyone with rookies at critical positions, especially on D. They all need to develop and that will take time. Couple that with a lack of veteran forwards/AHL scorers, the loss of Geoffrion and the presence of players who would be in the NHL, and you've got one tough situation to put up wins in. All Habs fans can hope for is that the young players are all learning from the experience, and learning a lot so that they can improve over time.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
in 4 years from now,

Gorges - Subban

Tinordi - Beaulieu

Ellis - Emelin

Price
I think this is an example of overrating prospects. Hudon and Gallagher on the 2nd line, with DD on the 3rd? I think more realistically both those guys are 3rd liners, maybe 1 becomes a 2nd liner. Having both those guys in the top six would more likely mean the team sucks.

I think a more likely top six would look like:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Collberg(who I really like)
Eller-Desharnais-Gallagher(?)

quality bottom six guys:
Leblanc
White
Hudon
Bournival

Old
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think this is an example of overrating prospects. Hudon and Gallagher on the 2nd line, with DD on the 3rd? I think more realistically both those guys are 3rd liners, maybe 1 becomes a 2nd liner. Having both those guys in the top six would more likely mean the team sucks.

I think a more likely top six would look like:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Collberg(who I really like)
Eller-Desharnais-Gallagher(?)

quality bottom six guys:
Leblanc
White
Hudon
Bournival
I think Hudon def has top 6 upside...but is far from a sure thing.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:19 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I think Hudon def has top 6 upside...but is far from a sure thing.
I think on a contender, Hudon projects to be a 3rd liner (if he reaches his potential). Perhaps a great 3rd liner, but still a 3rd liner. He, Leblanc, and Bournival would make a great 3rd trio.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
in 4 years from now,

Gorges - Subban

Tinordi - Beaulieu

Ellis - Emelin

Price
You just listed all our prospects and inserted them in a lineup. In real life, most prospects won't match expectations.

That's a pretty bad lineup anyway, so thin up-front.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
You just listed all our prospects and inserted them in a lineup. In real life, most prospects won't match expectations.

Totally agree.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:52 AM
theboss*

Quote:

And really soft, but with Marc as the GM I expect the team to get tougher

Old
12-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
in 4 years from now,

Gorges - Subban

Tinordi - Beaulieu

Ellis - Emelin

Price
you havent been following hockey or prospects for too long.. Most prospects come no where near expectations out of that list I would say Galchenyuk is the only sure thing because of the elite elements to his game.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think on a contender, Hudon projects to be a 3rd liner (if he reaches his potential). Perhaps a great 3rd liner, but still a 3rd liner. He, Leblanc, and Bournival would make a great 3rd trio.
Well, I guess we see his potential differently. You may very well be right, but we'll see in a few years . I think he has much more offensive potential than both Leblanc and Bournival. Just by watching him play..he's got better skills. he may not be a first liner, but can see him being a second liner on a very good team who will play on the power play.

Leblanc as a 19 year old: 1.14 points per game
Bournival at 18 years old: 1.14 points per game
Bournival at 19 years old: 1.37 points per game

Hudon at 18 years old (so far): 1.4 points per game

Last edited by FrankMTL: 12-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

In any event, the Habs will inevitibly add veterans over time to fill certain spots while a certain fraction of those prospects end up panning out.

Between Hudon, Bozon, Kristo, Leblanc, Gallagher, Collberg I'd feel pretty good about getting one 2nd line LW, one 2nd line RW and some depth players.

Similarly I figure you can expect 1 to 2 top 4 defenseman out of Montreal's current prospect crop (Tinordi and Beaulieu being obvious leading candidates) while getting another top 4 and a 3rd pair out of maturation of Emelin/Diaz/Weber.

Then there is the decent chance that one or two guys out of the whole lot is a breakout players like have been Pacioretty or Subban and ends up being an impact player. Assemble enough good prospects and you have good odds somebody beats expectations. But picking which, if any, does so is probably a fools errand this far out.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Well, I guess we see his potential differently. You may very well be right, but we'll see in a few years . I think he has much more offensive potential than both Leblanc and Bournival. Just by watching him play..he's got better skills. he may not be a first liner, but can see him being a second liner on a very good team who will play on the power play.

Leblanc as a 19 year old: 1.14 points per game
Bournival at 18 years old: 1.14 points per game
Bournival at 19 years old: 1.37 points per game

Hudon at 18 years old (so far): 1.4 points per game
Although, you know very well that points don't mean everything. Bournival and Leblanc both had skills that transfer better to the pros than Hudon. Bournival has speed, tenacity and is much stronger than Hudon while there's a reason Leblanc was picked in the first round and Hudon in the 5th. I hope Hudon turns out to be a guy who should have been picked in the first round, but I wouldn't count on it.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:45 AM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post

Between Hudon, Bozon, Kristo, Leblanc, Gallagher, Collberg I'd feel pretty good about getting one 2nd line LW, one 2nd line RW and some depth players.
If the 2012 draft is to surpass the 2007 draft, I think it's critical that Collberg becomes either a very good 2nd line player or "good" 1st line player. Oh, and that Galchenyuk pans out.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:49 AM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Tinordi has been good while Beaulieu not bad.

For the habs sake I hope galchenyuk continues this pace and does so in the AHL or the NHL when he is ready.
Do you see any reason why he wouldn't? Gally is NHL ready and if he isn't, he's DAMN close. You can see his level of play is elite and I see no reason why he wouldn't continue in higher leagues.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensforLife View Post
Do you see any reason why he wouldn't? Gally is NHL ready and if he isn't, he's DAMN close. You can see his level of play is elite and I see no reason why he wouldn't continue in higher leagues.
That might be overstating it a bit at this point.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Hello!? This is not the habs prospect thread but the galchenyuk one...

To get back on topic...
Galchy is a stud.

It would be amazing if he still grow few inchs and become a monster with skill and speed. Lol

Old
12-07-2012, 12:10 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Although, you know very well that points don't mean everything. Bournival and Leblanc both had skills that transfer better to the pros than Hudon. Bournival has speed, tenacity and is much stronger than Hudon while there's a reason Leblanc was picked in the first round and Hudon in the 5th. I hope Hudon turns out to be a guy who should have been picked in the first round, but I wouldn't count on it.
That's why I said Hudon has top 6 skills but is far from a sure thing..We'll see in a few years!

Now back to Gally, it will be great to see him play with some very talented players at the WJHC. I'm not saying Boucher and Sarault aren't good, but it'll be different with some even better players. Players that can finish off his plays on a more consistent basis.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
You are only partly correct in this analysis. Bournival's skillset is such that he has a greater chance of playing in the NHL than Hudon. Conversly, Hudon's skillset gives him a better chance of being offensively productive at the NHL level. Bournival IMO has very limited offensive upside much like Maxim Lapierre but is almost a sure bet to play a regular shift in the bottom six. Hudon has more obstacles in his path to make the NHL but if he does, he has the offensive potential to crack the top six.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensforLife View Post
Galchenyuk needs to improve his first four steps and gain some strength in order to translate his success in the CHL over to the NHL. It will happen as he has the drive to do so but it is definitely premature to say that he is already there.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
HabsRHockey
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Galchenyuk needs to improve his first four steps and gain some strength in order to translate his success in the CHL over to the NHL. It will happen as he has the drive to do so but it is definitely premature to say that he is already there.
who would be his linemates if he were canadian ?

Old
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Sarault and Boucher.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
LIkely start as second line left wing, slowly transition to center, similar to what the bruins are doing with seguin

Closed Thread