HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 4 | Coyotes @ Blackhawks | 4-19-12 | 5PM | FS A+ CNBC

Old
04-20-2012, 12:51 AM
yotesfordays

vCash: 500
random question for you guys: does anyone know how standing room only tickets work?? Do you get assigned to stand behind a certain section or first come first served?? Sorry if this is way OT, but I appreciate it

I can't take another OT game though....I already have 4 ulcers....

yotesfordays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:54 AM
BigGumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleAngle View Post
It can be misleading from year to year, but if a guy is a career minus player, it is a good indicator. Take Jovo for example. He has the second worst plus/minus on the Panthers team this year. Also, over his long career, he has only been plus for a year ONCE. Pretty good indicator in his case. Getting rid of him was a huge addition by subtraction.
But look at Whitney, he had one of the worst +/- of active players, before coming to the Yotes he had a career -100. His first season he was a 0 and of course this season he finished with a +26. While he has been a -1 this postseason, I still like my chances with him on the ice.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:57 AM
mitch27

Anyone have a high res pic of the goal tonight or his winner in game 3 that I could use for my desktop background?

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:59 AM
DangleAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Anyone have a high res pic of the goal tonight or his winner in game 3 that I could use for my desktop background?
After that goal, the Coyotes need to throw everything at the net to start Game 5. Crawford is going to have to battle some demons. Two soft goals in the last two games during OT. I want a blowout. As the opposing coach said in the movie "The Mighty Ducks," remember that "it's not worth winning if you can't win big."

DangleAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:02 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
After that goal, the Coyotes need to throw everything at the net to start Game 5. Crawford is going to have to battle some demons. Two soft goals in the last two games during OT. I want a blowout. As the opposing coach said in the movie "The Mighty Ducks," remember that "it's not worth winning if you can't win big."
You have to wonder if Hawks go to Emery. As a Yotes fan, SURE hope that happens.......but also know Chicago needs to change things up. The heart can't take any more OT. Let's score early and often Sat night!!

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:05 AM
DangleAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
You have to wonder if Hawks go to Emery. As a Yotes fan, SURE hope that happens.......but also know Chicago needs to change things up. The heart can't take any more OT. Let's score early and often Sat night!!
Interesting. As much as I hated to see the Coyotes blow the leads (where OT was forced), this has to take a toll on the Hawks. I mean, you tie it up with little time left in regulation and then you lose in OT. They have to be mentally exhausted at this point in time. The Coyotes need to come out strong in Game 5 and see how much the Hawks have left in the tank.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:07 AM
DangleAngle

The Great Dane (Boedker) is so awesome right now that I might wear wooden clogs to Game 5. Oh wait, clogs are a Dutch thing, right? Could I dress up like a huge breakfast danish instead?

Old
04-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I'm happy.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:16 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

rt flashes back to screaming "BOEDKER BOEDKER BOEDKER BOEDKER BOEDKER" at his television set during the NHL entry draft.

Love this kid.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:17 AM
DangleAngle

One thing to keep in mind for Game 5. It is suppose to be over 100 degrees on Saturday. The ice is probably going to be a little hairy to say the least. There will be a lot of bouncing pucks, etc. Coyotes will have to win it with some ugly goals.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:24 AM
DangleAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
rt flashes back to screaming "BOEDKER BOEDKER BOEDKER BOEDKER BOEDKER" at his television set during the NHL entry draft.

Love this kid.
During last year's draft, I was yelling "Please just take any forward" repeatedly during the first round. The Don took Conor Murphy instead.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:

Love this kid.
Yeah, I think all of us were pretty surprised when Nashville took Colin Wilson right before us. We were all worried we would still blow it and pick Tyler Myers after you made convincing arguments that he would be a total bust.

Here's a postgame interview with Tippett. Skip to 3:00 and he starts talking about Boedker. Nice feel-good interview. You can tell that Tip really respects him even if he doesn't score.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Most Interesting Boedker.jpg

Old
04-20-2012, 02:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Yeah, I think all of us were pretty surprised when Nashville took Colin Wilson right before us. We were all worried we would still blow it and pick Tyler Myers after you made convincing arguments that he would be a total bust.

Here's a postgame interview with Tippett. Skip to 3:00 and he starts talking about Boedker. Nice feel-good interview. You can tell that Tip really respects him even if he doesn't score.
Haha. Yep. Too tall i said. Chara is the only top pairing D ever that tall. I'm so dumb. Haha.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:05 AM
XX
... Waiting

Hopefully this is Boedker's offensive coming out party. If it never happens, fine. He's a Danish Korpedo. Still a pretty damn useful player. I remember him saying right after he signed his new contract that he had to go out and earn it. He puts in a lot of work with Jon Anderson as well.

Wonder if his goals are getting any play back in Europe?

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:06 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

Love this kid.
Hell yeah! I was at the official draft party in old town Scottsdale and I squealed like a 14yr old girl when that pick was made!

Old
04-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Haha. Yep. Too tall i said. Chara is the only top pairing D ever that tall. I'm so dumb. Haha.
Well if it makes you feel any better, you were pretty right about this:

Quote:
I think we are going to win. The Hawks are going to run around and try to do too much. Our plumbers will be focused. Simple, disciplined, physical, Tippett hockey. These guys know they have to execute to perfection to have a shot. I'm guessing 2-1 Yotes. All three goals of the ugly, bouncing puck, traffic in front, pin ball machine variety. The system will save us tonight. The Hawks will go from maddening frustration to utter deflation. Like an avalanche victim, smothered, crushed, frozen out, trapped, and sufocated.
Toews was obviously frustrated, I could tell by his post-game interview and I barely noticed Kane minus some failed attempts to enter the zone by being cute.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:12 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Actually, I feel like I called two, three, and four. Just sayin'...

Old
04-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Well, I predicted Hanzal as the winner in Game 1 and Boedker as the winner in Game 3.

I selected Yandle tonight, but he did end getting an assist on the winner.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:25 AM
BigGumby

Quote:
One thing to keep in mind for Game 5. It is suppose to be over 100 degrees on Saturday. The ice is probably going to be a little hairy to say the least. There will be a lot of bouncing pucks, etc. Coyotes will have to win it with some ugly goals.
Nothing they didn't experience in Chicago. Those pucks were bouncing everywhere.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:34 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Jobing.com won't have a basketball game on the ice the night before. Glendale ice > Chicago ice.

I don't care if its one hundred and twenty nine outside on Saturday. A Suns game, the night previous, even if its negative seventeen will Eff the ice up way, way worse.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:51 AM
BigGumby

They didn't have a Bulls game Wednesday night and the ice was still terrible. It's funny because as much as people complain about our ice, it's better than Chicago's has been and we don't have those craptastic metal glass separators that knock the pucks to the center of the ice.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:55 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

I will not get ahead of myself this time.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:06 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Hopefully this is Boedker's offensive coming out party. If it never happens, fine. He's a Danish Korpedo. Still a pretty damn useful player. I remember him saying right after he signed his new contract that he had to go out and earn it. He puts in a lot of work with Jon Anderson as well.

Wonder if his goals are getting any play back in Europe?

They are in Denmark. The media follows the NHL boys and especially the Stanley Cup
I saw both OT goals in the news waking up the morning after

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:22 AM
0point1
Custom User Title

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
[/B]

They are in Denmark. The media follows the NHL boys and especially the Stanley Cup
I saw both OT goals in the news waking up the morning after
A few stories from Denmark:

Bødker: Vi kan vinde serien
"Boedker: We can win the series"
http://tv2sport.dk/boedker-vi-kan-vinde-serien

Bødker igen matchvinder for Phoenix i NHL
"Boedker again match winner for Phoenix in the NHL"
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1745527.ece

Bødker blev matchvinder for Phoenix Coyotes igen.
"Boedker was match winner for the Phoenix Coyotes again."
http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Ishockey/2012/04/20/065857.htm

+a bunch more
Pretty cool to see this.

0point1 is offline   Reply With Quote