HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 4 | Coyotes @ Blackhawks | 4-19-12 | 5PM | FS A+ CNBC

Old
04-20-2012, 04:47 AM
gorsk11

vCash: 500
Needed to post again - didn't want to ruin the karma

Unreal!!! I can't even describe it. We haven't won anything yet!

Hopefully Hanzal back for game 5 - keep MAP in the lineup over Biz. Nobody is dropping the gloves the rest of the way. Biz is a non factor.
Nash kills me with the Biz and fourth line love sometimes....He is giddy cause they keep the puck in for 30-40 seconds....no scoring chances usually and Nash goes on and on - how great the 4th line is... Since he was one - I guess it gets him excited.

Boedker, Pyatt, Gordon, Vermette - outstanding. Doan finally does something positive and gets us on the board. I love Doan but at times he's been our worst forward. Holding the puck too long, bad passes and then BAM - he looks completely different.

How many years have we played the Tippet - hold on to the lead, chip it out - no chances - no offense....It is finally cathcing up to us....We get a lead of 1 or 2 goals and we change our game...I have hated and complained for years.....No one should be surprised....but it is finally hurting us.

The difference in the series has been Smith and our defense...Yandle has looked like our #6 defenseman. He seems to be fighting the puck and his turnovers are bad....Smith keeps saving him.

The Hawks might have more skill and more offense...but with the injuries we have had.... No Vrby for one game, No Hanzal for 3, No Korpi for 2......
We have more HEART!

Anyone guess Pyatt and Boedker would be our best forwards before the series??

Who wants to meet up for some Beers before game 5. I'll bring a cooler and some beers. And some snacks.... Maybe around 6PM or so...I can't get out there much earlier. RR and RT - Drinks are on me.

gorsk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:52 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorsk11 View Post
.Yandle has looked like our #6 defenseman. He seems to be fighting the puck and his turnovers are bad....Smith keeps saving him.
I actually disagree. Yandle has been a lot better since the playoffs started (he wasn't bad in the MIN game either). Especially in Chicago... the last two games he's made plays where I was like, was that Yandle or did OEL steal Yandle's jersey? He's not the best defensively by far, but he's stepped it up when it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gork11 View Post
Who wants to meet up for some Beers before game 5. I'll bring a cooler and some beers. And some snacks.... Maybe around 6PM or so...I can't get out there much earlier. RR and RT - Drinks are on me.
There is a big tailgate planned for 4:00-6:30 on Saturday, Lot J. A lot of the members of the BOCH (Back Off Coyotes Haters) group on Facebook will be there... If you want to, stop by! And Go Coyotes!

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:11 AM
gorsk11

Thanks - I will be there on Saturday.

I disagree - Especially from our only all-starr - He just hasn't looked very good.
Very mediocre...An occasional flash, but just terrible turnovers and some bad passes.

I really hope the marketing campaign for next year is:

HOCKEY - PLAYING WITH A TWO GOAL LEAD!

This hockey the hard way is killing me.

Old
04-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Unreal!!! I can't even describe it. We haven't won anything yet!

Hopefully Hanzal back for game 5 - keep MAP in the lineup over Biz. Nobody is dropping the gloves the rest of the way. Biz is a non factor.
Nash kills me with the Biz and fourth line love sometimes....He is giddy cause they keep the puck in for 30-40 seconds....no scoring chances usually and Nash goes on and on - how great the 4th line is... Since he was one - I guess it gets him excited.

Boedker, Pyatt, Gordon, Vermette - outstanding. Doan finally does something positive and gets us on the board. I love Doan but at times he's been our worst forward. Holding the puck too long, bad passes and then BAM - he looks completely different.

How many years have we played the Tippet - hold on to the lead, chip it out - no chances - no offense....It is finally cathcing up to us....We get a lead of 1 or 2 goals and we change our game...I have hated and complained for years.....No one should be surprised....but it is finally hurting us.

The difference in the series has been Smith and our defense...Yandle has looked like our #6 defenseman. He seems to be fighting the puck and his turnovers are bad....Smith keeps saving him.

The Hawks might have more skill and more offense...but with the injuries we have had.... No Vrby for one game, No Hanzal for 3, No Korpi for 2......
We have more HEART!

Anyone guess Pyatt and Boedker would be our best forwards before the series??

Is this just the thing to say on these boards now days?

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:38 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
Yandle has nowhere near the impact he had in previous playoff appearances. He's very shaky out there and is over thinking most situations. I've seen a few nice poke checks and passes, but those are immediately offset by all the stupid things he does. Klesla, Morris and especially OEL are covering up a lot of the poor play by Aucoin, Rozi and Yandle. His TOI is being watched closely. Even with OT, he's under 20 minutes most games.

We're up 3-1. No need to freak out.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:42 AM
gorsk11

My Opinion

Not sure - what is your point???

It's my opinion of what I have watched - his play led to the Frolik breakaway tonight. He gave one away in front of the net the other day...I think the other D have outplayed him for most of the series. I'm not trying to be trendy - but I think he should be playing much better.

FYI...I've watched hockey a very long time. Have played for 20+ years... But it just my observation and opinion.
If you disagree - no problem.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:48 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:

I really hope the marketing campaign for next year is:

HOCKEY - PLAYING WITH A TWO GOAL LEAD!

This hockey the hard way is killing me.
I remember seeing "Hockey the unnecessarily hard way" a month or so ago and thinking that nailed it.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:51 AM
MIG
Undocumented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I like yours better than mine.

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

My opinion...Yandle outplayed OEL last night. Hope he can keep it up.

Anyway this is fun. Tough on the nerves but a whole lot of fun.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:56 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Anyway this is fun. Tough on the nerves but a whole lot of fun.
This. These last four games have been among the most entertaining I've seen in a while. Can we agree to stop harping on the negatives for a little while and just enjoy it while it's here?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:35 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
This. These last four games have been among the most entertaining I've seen in a while. Can we agree to stop harping on the negatives for a little while and just enjoy it while it's here?
Oh...okay...when ya put it that way!

At least ya didn't say 'enjoy them while'...

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
DangleAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Yandle has nowhere near the impact he had in previous playoff appearances. He's very shaky out there and is over thinking most situations. I've seen a few nice poke checks and passes, but those are immediately offset by all the stupid things he does. Klesla, Morris and especially OEL are covering up a lot of the poor play by Aucoin, Rozi and Yandle. His TOI is being watched closely. Even with OT, he's under 20 minutes most games.

We're up 3-1. No need to freak out.
Some on here would probably suggest that Tip should play Schlemko over Yandle

Yandle hasn't been great, but I still think his positives outweigh his negatives. He had more of an impact the last two years when we didn't have OEL making a huge impact. His role has changed. I do think that our power play is better w/o Yandle on the first shift. He has a tendency to shoot the puck too high on a slap shot. I would much prefer Morris out there, as he can keep his slap shots low and near the ice.

A lot of people on here crucified Morris and Pyatt during the regular season. They have been two of the better players during the playoffs.

DangleAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:27 AM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaz View Post
A few stories from Denmark:

Bødker: Vi kan vinde serien
"Boedker: We can win the series"
http://tv2sport.dk/boedker-vi-kan-vinde-serien

Bødker igen matchvinder for Phoenix i NHL
"Boedker again match winner for Phoenix in the NHL"
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1745527.ece

Bødker blev matchvinder for Phoenix Coyotes igen.
"Boedker was match winner for the Phoenix Coyotes again."
http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Ishockey/2012/04/20/065857.htm

+a bunch more
Pretty cool to see this.
Yep, I like it. Danes playing hockey is news in Sweden so he's a story here as well.

http://www.hockeykanalen.se/1.261669...anska_reprisen

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14706952.ab

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...hjalte-i-natt/

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Question: hasn't Nick Leddy and Boedker both been out on the ice during all three Coyotes GWG this series? Massive miss match and cudos to Tippet to exploit it.

Correction: it was Hjarlmashonnssnsisne that was out there with Boed for OT game 3.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:19 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Very nice.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesfordays View Post
random question for you guys: does anyone know how standing room only tickets work?? Do you get assigned to stand behind a certain section or first come first served?? Sorry if this is way OT, but I appreciate it

I can't take another OT game though....I already have 4 ulcers....
They painted numbers behind every section so you do get a standing spot. But I think it is $65 all the way around, which means its the same price to stand in the uppers and lowers.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Mossy

Has there been any tv ratings released yet?

Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Probably nationally it has done ok, but I am more concerned about locally. I am still hearing about people who wondered what channel the game is on or they dont get the plus. I am not sure any game has been on the normal FSN and last Saturday's game was the Chicago broadcast. They are still making it hard to follow this team if you are a casual fan!!!

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:55 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...d-nbc-ratings/

Quote:
On CNBC, the controversial Coyotes/Blackhawks Game 3 drew 416,000 viewers, the highest numbers to date on CNBC.
http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...-playoff-high/

Quote:
Top 10 Viewership Numbers for the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Cable

1. Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia, Game 4 (4/18/12, NBCSN): 1,030,000
2. Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh, Game 1 (4/11/12, NBCSN): 847,000
3. Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh, Game 2 (4/13/12, NBCSN): 795,000
4. New Jersey vs. Florida, Game 2 (4/16/12, NBCSN): 768,000
5. Vancouver vs. Los Angeles, Game 3 (4/16/12, NBCSN): 749,000
6. Vancouver vs. Los Angeles, Game 4 (4/18/12, NBCSN): 748,000
7. Nashville vs. Detroit, Game 4 (4/17/12, NBCSN): 628,000
8. Los Angeles vs. Vancouver, Game 2 (4/14/12, NBCSN): 622,000
9. Washington vs. Boston, Game 1 (4/12/12, NBCSN): 576,000
10. Chicago vs. Phoenix, Game 1 (4/12/12, NBCSN): 499,000

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Well, at least we made it into the 10 and got the highest draw for a game on CNBC.
What about local tv ratings?

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:

Not sure - what is your point???

It's my opinion of what I have watched - his play led to the Frolik breakaway tonight. He gave one away in front of the net the other day...I think the other D have outplayed him for most of the series. I'm not trying to be trendy - but I think he should be playing much better.

FYI...I've watched hockey a very long time. Have played for 20+ years... But it just my observation and opinion.
If you disagree - no problem.
I agree with you on pretty much all your comments. Problem is Yandle has been so bad this year that his elevated play in the playoffs (if you want to call it that) has brought him back to mediocre. He is our 6th d-man right now..........while OEL and Klesla have taken their games to another (all-star?) level.

I would be very surprised if Yandle is not traded in the off-season to an east conf team where he would be a better fit (Pit, Phil, Rangers, Wash, Devils, etc) and Yotes get a top 6 forward in return and maybe save money that could be used to pay OEL.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Well, at least we made it into the 10 and got the highest draw for a game on CNBC.
What about local tv ratings?
I can't find anything as far as that goes unfortunately.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
MP

Don't look now, but Yandle notched his fourth assist of the series last night. He's also hit a post or two. Say what you will, but scoring at a point-per-game clip in the playoffs doesn't just happen for no reason.

His minutes are being managed because he simply isn't a 25-minute-per-game defender. He's still not the rising star we saw in 09-10, but he's shown flashes.

(And nobody hit 23 minutes TOI last night--not even OEL. Meanwhile, Chicago's top pairing logged 30 minutes. Think that's going to catch up with them sooner or later? Granted, Phoenix has enough depth that they don't need to ride their thoroughbreds to that extent, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Tippett has done an outstanding job thus far.)

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
My opinion...Yandle outplayed OEL last night. Hope he can keep it up.
While I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your statement, no one can dispute Yandle's defensive play has improved.

What we are witnessing is the maturation of a gifted offensive defenseman into a well rounded two way blue liner. This change isn't going to happen overnight and it will diminish his offensive contributions but the final result will ideally be well worth the short term pain we've witnessed earlier in the regular season.

As another poster mentioned (in a different thread and in slightly different words) Yandle is waging a battle in his own head between following his offensive instincts and what the safer, more defensively sound play is on many occasions.

I'm back in the camp that says keeping Yandle in the fold is the better alternative rather than trying to find an appropriate deal this summer.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:47 PM
PhoPhan

This is absurd. Yandle was the fourth highest scorer on this entire team with 43 points. Take away Yandle, and the entire defense corps scored all of 102 points (nine players, by the way). On an offensively middle of the pack team, losing Yandle would hurt a lot. If you're using him as a chip to get a forward, it's robbing Peter to pay Paul. The entire forward corps suffers without Yandle.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote