HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 Plus/Minus: Penguins 10, Flyers 3

Old
04-18-2012, 11:55 PM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

vCash: 500
I can't believed I missed this ****. A 10 - 3 bloodbath right after I thought we were done. Is there a place where I can download this game?

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:56 PM
trader997

+ 10 - 3
+ Seeing Laviolette's whining face after Bylsma called a timeout when score was 9-3. Funny to see, the guy whines for everything.
+ Neal coming back next game

trader997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Not that I'm the only one seeing it, but Nisky just fits, and whatever happened to him in Dallas, he's figured it out. He's RFA and a value one at that. If he has to be let go over Paul Martin next year, I'm going to bust a nut.

Good call on the stretch pass, or lack of it, and you almost wonder if some coaches - including DB who seems humble as hell - really need to be literally pushed to a 3-0 brink before changing things around. The breakout 5 on 5 sometimes looked like a PP breakout, and I admit it made me smile a little.

What I learned today is that Michalek is definitely salvageable, and that Orpik NEEDS to be paired with Letang to look like a competent D-man.

I might have to do another "Dear Dan" thread regarding keeping the same lineup (except for adding Neal of course) Let Martin take the rest of the playoffs trying to clean the sand out of his @#%@^.
Bravo!!!

Every time I saw a d-man hold the puck instead of forcing a stretch pass, every time I saw a forward wheel back to the D with the puck instead of forcing it through the middle of the neutral zone, and every time I saw a forward offer close support on the breakout, I just kept thinking to myself the best defense is a puck possession offense. 5 on 5, it absolutely was that . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zirakzigil

vCash: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPower420 View Post
I can't believed I missed this ****. A 10 - 3 bloodbath right after I thought we were done. Is there a place where I can download this game?
This is why you didnt get to see it

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kovifan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Yeah I didn't either. I saw his knee go out again but I nothing to the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
Does anyone have a video of what happened to Grossmann? Didn't see it...
TK basically cross checked his head. It didn't look good at all.

*Edit* It might have been an elbow but either way his stick was high and I think he's out for awhile

Kovifan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
TK basically cross checked his head. It didn't look good at all.

*Edit* It might have been an elbow but either way his stick was high and I think he's out for awhile
Malkin got him with an elbow as well.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:04 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
The CBC said Malkin hit Grossman's head and concussed him. Wonder how this will play out.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Hobodrifter

Quote:
Grindin *****es down.

Hobodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:07 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
The CBC said Malkin hit Grossman's head and concussed him. Wonder how this will play out.
Was it a deliberate run? Unless it was something egregious like that (like Neal on Giroux), I can't see Shanny suspending.

BTW, it's not as if Malkin hasn't been elbowed in the head without a call 'in the course of hockey play' about a half dozen times this series.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:07 AM
SidGenoMario

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPower420 View Post
Is there a place where I can download this game?
I would like to know this as well.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

I don't remember an elbow, I missed the first 3:30 minutes of the game, though (tuned in right as Malkin was scoring his goal). Is that when it occurred?

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
thecore

What worked last year? Orpik-Letang, Martin-Michalek.

Orpik and Michalek have both made each other look bad at times in the last month or so.

Problem was, DB switches up pairs because he was trying ANYTHING to snap Paul Martin out of his funk.

With Martin out of the picture, we suddenly look A LOT better. Second PK with Letang/Engelland pairing is a concern, but we are a lot better on even strength.

Like everyone else, I really hope DB leaves Martin out of the lineup with his vagina strain. I would definitely prefer Tangradi in over Adams, but can understand that one either way, even though most fans prefer Tangradi. With how bad the PK has been, I really don't see what we're losing with Adams, who offers nothing at ES.

thecore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:13 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Bravo!!!

Every time I saw a d-man hold the puck instead of forcing a stretch pass, every time I saw a forward wheel back to the D with the puck instead of forcing it through the middle of the neutral zone, and every time I saw a forward offer close support on the breakout, I just kept thinking to myself the best defense is a puck possession offense. 5 on 5, it absolutely was that . . .
Either that, or the D man simply wormed his way up to center and shot the puck in. Either or is fine with me.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:14 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecore View Post
What worked last year? Orpik-Letang, Martin-Michalek.

Orpik and Michalek have both made each other look bad at times in the last month or so.

Problem was, DB switches up pairs because he was trying ANYTHING to snap Paul Martin out of his funk.

With Martin out of the picture, we suddenly look A LOT better. Second PK with Letang/Engelland pairing is a concern, but we are a lot better on even strength.

Like everyone else, I really hope DB leaves Martin out of the lineup with his vagina strain. I would definitely prefer Tangradi in over Adams, but can understand that one either way, even though most fans prefer Tangradi. With how bad the PK has been, I really don't see what we're losing with Adams, who offers nothing at ES.
I couldn't fathom a world in which Tangradi wouldn't play on Friday. And, you know Neal will be in for Park.

Really, my only question is this: Does Bylsma go 12F/6D or 11F/7D? If it's 12/6, then Adams dresses, Strait sits, and I cry because all the advantages of running 11 forwards will be lost. If it's 11/7, then the question is does Adams or Vitale sit.

No way Tangradi doesn't play on Friday.

P.S.: I frankly don't get the obsession of putting Adams back in. The PK against the Flyers sucks with him too, and the solution to improve it isn't to add Craig Adams but instead to ask Sid and Geno to help on the PK. You've got to make the Flyers pay for passing through the box at will, and you've got to make them wary of doing that.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Was it a deliberate run? Unless it was something egregious like that (like Neal on Giroux), I can't see Shanny suspending.

BTW, it's not as if Malkin hasn't been elbowed in the head without a call 'in the course of hockey play' about a half dozen times this series.
didnt look good...

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:17 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Either that, or the D man simply wormed his way up to center and shot the puck in. Either or is fine with me.
Yep . . . best puck possession playoff hockey I've seen from the Pens since 2009.

BTW, what are your feelings on game 5 roster? The no brainer is Park out and Neal in. What about from there? IMO, two of Vitale, Adams, and Strait dress, and I was partial to how the 11 forwards affects Lavs line matching efforts and how not being able to roll lines forced Bylsma to ride Sid, Geno, and Staal and to use Staal as a top six offensive forward.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:18 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3 View Post
didnt look good...
When was it? Can you describe it? I don't remember it. Was it a run like Neal took at Giroux? If it was, then it's a problem. If it wasn't, then I can't see him being suspended.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Quote:
This is why you didnt get to see it
I was in my Malkin jersey all day today. Just took it off a few minutes ago. I work nights, but by complete coincidence, I'm off Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. It's a sign that we'll win. The fact that by complete coincidence, I'm off for these games.

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:21 AM
gdsmack267

Awesome birthday gift! Thank you pens!

gdsmack267 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:23 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Some of this may have already been mentioned

+ Kennedy...great patience on the 2nd Staal goal. Normal TK there spazzes and puts in right into the logo. He took one step back, found Staal in the slot

+ Tangradi...never looked out of place, and, while some of it was a lucky bounce to get it through, nice play to move the puck over to Staal on his first goal.

+ MAF...actually have some confidence right now

- Danny Briere...maybe if he went down that easily with his ex-wife, she'd have never left! (Too soon?? )

SuburbanRhythm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:25 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Some of this may have already been mentioned

+ Kennedy...great patience on the 2nd Staal goal. Normal TK there spazzes and puts in right into the logo. He took one step back, found Staal in the slot

+ Tangradi...never looked out of place, and, while some of it was a lucky bounce to get it through, nice play to move the puck over to Staal on his first goal.

+ MAF...actually have some confidence right now

- Danny Briere...maybe if he went down that easily with his ex-wife, she'd have never left! (Too soon?? )
Not tonight, it's not . . .

Old
04-19-2012, 12:26 AM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
When was it? Can you describe it? I don't remember it. Was it a run like Neal took at Giroux? If it was, then it's a problem. If it wasn't, then I can't see him being suspended.
Not a single peep on the Twitter sphere. Until told otherwise, I would basically ignore it.

BTW what I heard earlier is that the Kennedy hit got him concussed.

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:27 AM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

+ despres and strait appear they dont fear contact like some other d men.

tang and despres add some much needed size

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:29 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
Not a single peep on the Twitter sphere. Until told otherwise, I would basically ignore it.

BTW what I heard earlier is that the Kennedy hit got him concussed.
O'k . . . not worried. As I said, unless it was a Neal run at Giroux caliber thing, nobody is getting suspended.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:30 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Does anyone have a clip? It seems like everyone is talking about it now.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote