HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kruger

Old
04-19-2012, 01:06 PM
massivegoonery

vCash: 500
Dave Bolland's back will probably snap in half within a year or two and Kruger is a much better prospect than Danault is.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Dave Bolland's back will probably snap in half within a year or two and Kruger is a much better prospect than Danault is.
I think it's a little early to be saying Danault is better than Kruger or vice versa. Danault's junior numbers are pretty impressive, on top of winning the award for best defensive forward leaguewide. Kruger's number in the SEL were very respectable, especially when considered how young he was playing in a league filled with men.

Having promising center prospects like Danault, Pirri, Kruger and McNeill is a great problem to have. That was definitely our organization weakness the past couple years.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:18 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
That's the point. Kruger already had these. It's the physical part of his game that many don't see changing that much. With this core, he's a tough fit.
I didn't know you could have too many intelligent, two-way players with offensive upside.

Kruger isn't always going to be as physically immature as he is now(which, is just another thing that's been noticeably improved over the course of the season).. he'll never be a bruiser, but you're not going to ship a guy like Kruger out because he's not an impactful hitter.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
I think it's a little early to be saying Danault is better than Kruger or vice versa. Danault's junior numbers are pretty impressive, on top of winning the award for best defensive forward leaguewide. Kruger's number in the SEL were very respectable, especially when considered how young he was playing in a league filled with men.

Having promising center prospects like Danault, Pirri, Kruger and McNeill is a great problem to have. That was definitely our organization weakness the past couple years.
Again, what is this lack of credit? Danault was, if I'm not misktaken, the 5th or 6th leading scorer on his team. Marcus Kruger lead his team in PpG in his rookie year and then lead the team in scoring the following season.

It's baffling how Kruger's numbers are just "respectable", while Danault's are "pretty impressive".

I'm a huge fan of Danault.. but come on.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Again, what is this lack of credit? Danault was, if I'm not misktaken, the 5th or 6th leading scorer on his team. Marcus Kruger lead his team in PpG in his rookie year and then lead the team in scoring the following season.
It's baffling how Kruger's numbers are just "respectable", while Danault's are "pretty impressive".

Probably because the league leaders ahead of Kruger never made an impact on this side of the pond.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Probably because the league leaders ahead of Kruger never made an impact on this side of the pond.
Yeah, you can't hold it against Danault that he was outscored by such luminaries as Yanick Dube, Philippe Maillet, Philippe Halley, Brandon Hynes and Yanni Gourde.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Kruger was the best option the Hawks have in their entire system, major and minor leagues. It's not a matter of pushing him too early, it's a matter of not being able to get anything better. Established 2nd and 3rd line centers aren't falling off of trees in the league this year.

I am not nearly as concerned with Kruger as I am with the Hawks only having one defenseman who doesn't panic under forecheck pressure. We were scored on in game 3 overtime partly because Hjalmarsson panicked with the puck and its an ongoing theme.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Yeah, you can't hold it against Danault that he was outscored by such luminaries as Yanick Dube, Philippe Maillet, Philippe Halley, Brandon Hynes and Yanni Gourde.
Did I make a case for Danault somewhere?

Old
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.75 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
Kruger has been completely worthless in these playoffs. I have never seen anyone blindly pass the puck right on the other teams tape as Kruger has in the last 3 games.

Worthless offensively, worthless defensively, can't win a board battle and he's tiny. The guy offers nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Where does Kruger fit in long-term on this team?

Will McNeill be on the team next year? I think he has much more upside than Kruger. Do the Hawks re-sign Bolland or let him walk when his deal is up? Bolland is a much stronger 3rd line center than Kruger at this point, the gap may close in the future. Lots of questions regarding where Kruger fits beyond this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Kruger needs to not be here next year.

I can't think of one thing he brings that we don't already have in spades.

He isn't a great faceoff guy, he can't shoot, he sucks at passing, he doesn't hit.

Good for him, he goes to the net and in the corners hard...so does Brunette.

Kruger is worthless to our team, trade him in during the offseason for someone who is physical and can win key faceoffs. At least that will be something that we don't have in spades.

I realize he is 20, but if you get a sweet deal offered for him, you take it and run far far away.
Quote:
^ Or just throw him in Rockford and see if he develops. Problem is the Hawks didn't have many options this year. Hopefully Stan gives them more next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Oh Pulease!

Yet another deflection to Stalberg when Kruger's ineptness is mentioned. Good job.

Kruger has 0 confidence on offense and is constantly looking for the safe play. Problem is Ö blind passes or going backwards are not as safe as he may think. He seems to have digressed at both ends of the ice (ie. become more gun shy) after a few injuries and to be honest, I like Frolikís game better right now.

As has been stated many times, he needs to hit the weights in a big way. He needs to earn his job next season. I donít think that that is too much to ask
I said much of these things months ago, when the going wasn't nearly as tough as it is now in the playoffs. There are only a couple of posters who constantly come to the defense of Kruger, and it's getting tiring.

Kruger has been pathetic the past month. He's weak, constantly is knocked off his skates, and can't clear a puck out of our zone. His vaunted hockey IQ hasn't done him any favors, and he repeatedly throws the puck away on blind passes in our zone. Terrible.

I've taken to yelling at my tv to get him off the ice whenever he's out there. Even if he scores the gwg tonight, my opinion would not change.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:47 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Oh Pulease!

Yet another deflection to Stalberg when Kruger's ineptness is mentioned. Good job.
If we could just figure out how to put Kruger's brain in Stalberg's body, we would be set.

Kruberg would be unstoppable.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Did I make a case for Danault somewhere?
Yes, unless you didn't read the post you quoted:

Quote:

Old
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Yes, unless you didn't read the post you quoted:

Of course I read it, how else did I highlight my points of reference.

Let me be more clear, like PVR, nothing in Kruger's game excites me and makes me want for more.

No NHL size, speed, shot or creativity. Lifetime center who's not good at the dot. Other than that, I guess he's OK

Old
04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:

I'm sorry to have offended you. Let me rephrase that.

Marcus Kruger is the next Wayne Gretzky. Jonathan Toews will relinquish he captaincy to Kruger. He will lead the Hawks to 10 straight Stanley Cups, winning the Conn Smythe 11 times. The Blackhawks will retire not only his number, but force any future Blackhawk with a last name starting with a K to legally change their last name. Chicago will change their franchise tag to the Chicago Krugers, and they will play in the National Kruger League.

Good enough?

Old
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Of course I read it, how else did I highlight my points of reference.

Let me be more clear, like PVR, nothing in Kruger's game excites me and makes me want for more.

No NHL size, speed, shot or creativity. Lifetime center who's not good at the dot. Other than that, I guess he's OK
100% agree ... this rarely happens with you

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Kruger was the best option the Hawks have in their entire system, major and minor leagues. It's not a matter of pushing him too early, it's a matter of not being able to get anything better. Established 2nd and 3rd line centers aren't falling off of trees in the league this year.

I am not nearly as concerned with Kruger as I am with the Hawks only having one defenseman who doesn't panic under forecheck pressure. We were scored on in game 3 overtime partly because Hjalmarsson panicked with the puck and its an ongoing theme.
I agree with this post. The play of the d-men is much more concerning than what Kruger does or doesn't do.

You mention Hjalmarsson's part in the OT goal and he certainly is culpable, along with Crawford. But the primary problem was Kane doing his "ooh look at me dangle through 3 defenders" act and losing the puck that started the sequence leading to Hjlamarsson's and Crawford's poor plays. If Kane shoots the damn puck instead of trying to be superman, the outcome of the game may have been different.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:54 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I agree with this post. The play of the d-men is much more concerning than what Kruger does or doesn't do.

You mention Hjalmarsson's part in the OT goal and he certainly is culpable, along with Crawford. But the primary problem was Kane doing his "ooh look at me dangle through 3 defenders" act and losing the puck that started the sequence leading to Hjlamarsson's and Crawford's poor plays. If Kane shoots the damn puck instead of trying to be superman, the outcome of the game may have been different.
Disagree completely. Its not like that turnover led to an odd man rush. We got possession of the puck and hjalmarsson just blindly flung it up the boards and the forwards were extremely late getting back and the defensive coverage was poor(just like all of the 3rd and OT).

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
I vehemently disagree with all of this.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
That's the point. Kruger already had these. It's the physical part of his game that many don't see changing that much. With this core, he's a tough fit.
I agree that his long term place on the team is up in the air because there are other center prospects in the system who physically fit the prototype better than Kruger currently does and maybe never will.

But, I disagree he is a tough fit now and next season. He hasn't developed enough offensive game to be a #2 center, and Bolland has #3 center locked up - but I don't see why he can't play #4 center next season. He could center Carcillo and Hayes or Bollig and provide a good defensive element between a couple crashers. He would still be available to PK to help reduce hard PK shifts for the top end guys. Meanwhile he would continue to gain experience, get stronger and improve his game. Then next year at this time assess whether McNeill, Pirri, or Danault are ready for the NHL. Plus Kruger would be a good insurance policy to step in at #3C if Bolland has an injury.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives and Kruger should be on the team next season.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Hawkaholic

Blaming anybody but Crawford for that last goal is laughable.

I will say this though, Ebony. I cursed Kane the minute he did that, puck was in our net 15 seconds later.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:48 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
I agree that his long term place on the team is up in the air because there are other center prospects in the system who physically fit the prototype better than Kruger currently does and maybe never will.

But, I disagree he is a tough fit now and next season. He hasn't developed enough offensive game to be a #2 center, and Bolland has #3 center locked up - but I don't see why he can't play #4 center next season. He could center Carcillo and Hayes or Bollig and provide a good defensive element between a couple crashers. He would still be available to PK to help reduce hard PK shifts for the top end guys. Meanwhile he would continue to gain experience, get stronger and improve his game. Then next year at this time assess whether McNeill, Pirri, or Danault are ready for the NHL. Plus Kruger would be a good insurance policy to step in at #3C if Bolland has an injury.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives and Kruger should be on the team next season.
Show me a 4th line center with no physical presence, and I'll show you a liability. Simple enough? There's no place for Kruger in that position next season, therefore no place on the Hawks roster. His best bet for all involved is to get traded to a bottom team, where maybe he can eventually secure a top 9 job.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
shakes the clown

If I never hear the phrase "Marcus Kruger, Chicago Blackhawks player" after this season I will be a happy person.

If he is one day good enough to be considered a mediocre hockey player I would be surprised.

We'll never win a Cup as long as we have Kruger occupying an important role on this team.

shakes the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.75 Men

You know what I think is missing? Names for the Hawks lines, like in the old NHL days. Who could forget "The Pony Line", "The GAG Line", "The MPH Line", and many others.

I'll start. I think any line with Kruger on it should be named "The Two and a Half Men Line". Catchy, don't you think?

Last edited by pvr: 04-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Nothingman
I Got ID

Kruger is a very small boy among men. he needs to spend the off season locked in a gym with a diet of red meat and hgh to have a chance next year.

Nothingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
You know what I think is missing? Names for the Hawks lines, like in the old NHL days. Who could forget "The Pony Line", "The GAG Line", "The MPH Line", and many others.

I'll start. I think any line with Kruger on it should be named "The Two and a Half Men Line". Catchy, don't you think?
Great name. Incredibly clever, really, when you think about it.

Sharp was soo good in the regular season, and now he's less than half the "man" (player) he was in the regular season.

Sharp - Kruger - Kane, Two and a Half Men.. Brilliant!

Old
04-19-2012, 10:50 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Great name. Incredibly clever, really, when you think about it.

Sharp was soo good in the regular season, and now he's less than half the "man" (player) he was in the regular season.

Sharp - Kruger - Kane, Two and a Half Men.. Brilliant!

I don't ever want to see you claim that you're not a Kruger homer. As bad as Sharp has been this series, he's still been better than Kruger.