HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers bandwagon

Old
04-16-2012, 11:20 AM
canadiens1992

vCash: 500
Flyers bandwagon

Hey guys,
I am a Canadiens fan, as you can see by my name, but after this horrendous season , I wanted to pick a team I'd follow these playoffs and who I'd like to see win.

Flyers would beat the Habs any day due to a lack of toughness and grit IMO.

On the other hand, it's the first time I've seen the Flyers play the game without stirring **** they shouldn't stir. They kept their cool in a crazy game yesterday and props to them, I don't think it would have been the same if Richards was still in Philly IMO.

Props to Holmgren pulling those trades (Richards and Carter), the guy looks like a genius to my eyes.

And who knew Voracek had a mean streak? I was when I saw that yesterday. Maybe that's what the city of Philly does to you

You guys have the best talent pool up front, D is also great, might need some more saves from Bryz, but I'm definitely in the Flyers bandwagon for the 2012 playoffs.

You guys rock that building.

If ever the Habs play the Flyers in the future though, I'll back the Habs

canadiens1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
demarco16

Not suprising, Voracek showed all season long that he simply cared. Cared enough to hustle on almost every shift. Was placed on several different lines and added speed, grit and a puck moving ability to wherever he was placed.

When you care, it shows through your emotional responses. Good to see he cares, a true flyer.

demarco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:48 AM
zorz

I jumped on their bandwagon couple of days ago too Bryzgalov is the only thing that worries me a bit, hopefully he finds his game soon.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Do me a favor, when you drive through Philly pick up everyone that has been jumping on. The real fans around here have our back-seats full already.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:59 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
it's funny the amount of people from other fan bases that want us to beat the Pens

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:03 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
it's funny the amount of people from other fan bases that want us to beat the Pens
It scares me, being completely honest. It's like when Venom teamed up with Spiderman all the time to take down a bigger threat...just felt weird.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:05 PM
canadiens1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Do me a favor, when you drive through Philly pick up everyone that has been jumping on. The real fans around here have our back-seats full already.
I don't know if it's sarcasm or hate?
I actually like the team that the Flyers ice and I don't jump the bandwagon because they are beating the Penguins.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
kicksave27

Maybe Voracek just needed to get out of Columbus, all that loosing must drain your soul. Carter did everything but wear a "free jeff carter" shirt to get out of there.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiens1992 View Post
I don't know if it's sarcasm or hate?
I actually like the team that the Flyers ice and I don't jump the bandwagon because they are beating the Penguins.
Lol no hate man, all are welcome! We just happen to have a large bandwagon population down here that'll need a ride to haha.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:13 PM
canadiens1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Lol no hate man, all are welcome! We just happen to have a large bandwagon population down here that'll need a ride to haha.
Alright, because these days on HF is pretty crazy. You don't know how to interpret stuff anymore. :S

I'll be sure to bring some of the Montrealers into Philly bandwagon

Can't wait for game 4

Old
04-16-2012, 12:19 PM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
Hey guys,
I am a Canadiens fan, as you can see by my name, but after this horrendous season , I wanted to pick a team I'd follow these playoffs and who I'd like to see win.

On the other hand, it's the first time I've seen the Flyers play the game without stirring **** they shouldn't stir. They kept their cool in a crazy game yesterday and props to them, I don't think it would have been the same if Richards was still in Philly IMO.

Props to Holmgren pulling those trades (Richards and Carter), the guy looks like a genius to my eyes.

And who knew Voracek had a mean streak? I was when I saw that yesterday. Maybe that's what the city of Philly does to you

You guys have the best talent pool up front, D is also great, might need some more saves from Bryz, but I'm definitely in the Flyers bandwagon for the 2012 playoffs.

i think guys like carter and richards were pretty well decorated before breaking out in the NHL. repped canada in the olympics and had a lot of success in the world juniors. I think after a few post seasons and they lost their drive especially with their big contracts. they got a little to comfortable and they got some new blood to turn the page. jake looks hungry, couts is shaping up to be a solid player and has some really good people in the locker room to bring him up the right way. Richy and carter were brought in to be THE guys and maybe they weren't ready yet.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:17 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by demarco16 View Post
not suprising, voracek showed all season long that he simply cared. Cared enough to hustle on almost every shift. Was placed on several different lines and added speed, grit and a puck moving ability to wherever he was placed.

When you care, it shows through your emotional responses. Good to see he cares, a true flyer.
qfe.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
BruceOp

Before the Playoffs, I hated Philly (wear it as a badge of honour), they have some rude fans, they are always nasty to play against, and it is always nice to see them lose. But seriously, SWEEP THESE ***s!

BruceOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Hey guys,

welcome to the board, bandwagoners!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:44 PM
daynus

As a flyers fan, far from Philly.

I just wanna say, welcome all. Got a few Habs fans buddies in town here. The one guy is pretty much clueless. The other Habs fan buddy of mine, is actually a baptist minister as was Brian propps father in nearby lanigan sask, and this guy is pulling for the flyers. Another guy, my co worker, a hardcore flames fan, fair weather pens fan, and he's had enough of what they are pulling, he actually wishes the flyers to win the cup, this year. I said thanks for the words man, but with this young, entertaining team we have, these young hungry guys are playing like every game could be the last. The teams is under no pressure, we have a long window in which to win us some cups. Another guy, my brother an oilers fan, shows me his new basement, 60 inch tv, and a bunch of parent,Clarke, team autographed stuff he picked up at a hockey auction, and I have not talked to him lately, knows he is pulling for us. As is my dad, oilers fan, nephew, flames fan, cousin wings fan, showing our boys lots of love. So after seeing the flyers at every arena in western Canada, I am coming to philly, gonna stay by independence park, waiting for eagles,flyers and 6 ers schedules. And I'm gonna bring em all some cool Philly stuff. And some day, gonna go to montreal with my Habs buddy, for a flyers game, dress generic, have fun, keep it real, and have a blast in beautiful montreal.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:53 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Massive Washington Caps fan....but I take my Red hat off to those fabulous Flyers.
Sundays game was one of the most funniest games I have ever seen....
Fancy those Pens with the annointed "greatest player in the World", get totally shown up by Giroux (who, in my opinion is the games best) Jags, Hartnell, and my own personal fave, Voracek.
Great job Flyers.
Maybe the NHLs most entertaining bunch of "rascals"...lol
Now put those "filthy" Pens away in 4, and praise be, for destroying the Crosby myth.

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Otaru

Caps fan here too, but I have seen a lot of the flyers the past few years as I live in Delaware and that is all the bars here show.

Honestly, I always root for 'em as long as they aren't playing Washington.

Will be cheering them on tonight with my Forsberg jersey on!

Otaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
AcrossThePond

Welcome aboard, guys.

Also glad to see, in general, people seeing Pittsburgh now for what they really are.

AcrossThePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:20 PM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Funny to see montrealers backing Philly given all the connections the region has had to the pens.

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Devonator

Hab fans seem to be generally backing the Flyers this spring....I think they enjoy our French Players and with good reason...

Anyways, good to see us getting more fans as the playoffs wear on...

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:30 PM
canadiens1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Hab fans seem to be generally backing the Flyers this spring....I think they enjoy our French Players and with good reason...

Anyways, good to see us getting more fans as the playoffs wear on...
I ain't french, just ****ing love the team that's being ice by Holmgren and Lavy.
I would kill to see Pronger in this series (Imagine Crosby slashing Bryz like he did when Pronger is on the ice, forget it, Crosby is good as dead)... I think he must have gone through 3 TV screens due to each game being crazy and dirty hits.

Old
04-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Lshap

For what it's worth, I'm a Habs fan who's been following the Flyers a lot longer than these playoffs, as my many posts during the season in this forum will attest. I've liked them since the Broad Street Bullies days and remember that team very, very well; in fact, the only hockey jersey I ever bought other than the Habs was a 70s Flyers jersey when I was a kid. Thought Bobby Clarke was one of the best captains I'd ever seen.

On one hand it makes no sense liking them since Montreal and Philly play such totally opposite styles. But on the other hand, there's little historic hatred between the franchises, and after 45 years I consider Philadelphia to be an honorary original-six team. No other team has kept its character like the Flyers throughout the decades. The Bruins think they're tough? Hmmmfff... the Flyers invented today's Bruins.

Good luck tonight and stay healthy for the next round!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
SgtJoseph

Great hockey has league wide fans ! And Philly plays some damn good and entertaining hockey ! We will soon need a bigger bus ! LOL

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:03 AM
canadiens1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Great hockey has league wide fans ! And Philly plays some damn good and entertaining hockey ! We will soon need a bigger bus ! LOL
I now understand why some people were so reserved about using Bobrovsky... God goaltending and D were awful yesterday.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:53 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Bryz was so slow because the bandwagon got too heavy. Unhook the latch and let the trailer go.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote