nevermind. failed to read page 2.

WpgBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:07 AM
DickM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost88 View Post
Except Sweden is ridiculously expensive! Love it there though, I can't get enough of Scandinavia.
Terribly sexist thing to say but the girls there are above average looking ;-) ... really they are....

DickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:45 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 825
$10 a game... for AHL hockey maaaan, what do they smoke there? (joke very true today)

I'd pay $10 for the channel to be back up for all the playoffs (even if the Ice Caps went out in the 1st round) but $10 a game... wow.

irunthepeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Nice the kid has a great attitude quoted from the article:

"Itís definitely not the way I wanted the season to end," said Scheifele. "We easily could have went all the way if we were healthy, but we did get a lot of support of young guys and some of the guys that were getting second-line minutes at the end of the year were healthy scratches at the beginning of the year. It was good to see them succeed."

As for what happens after his stint with the IceCaps, Scheifele was very clear on his goals: Winnipeg or bust.

"Thatís my main goal," Scheifele said. "Last year put a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth that I didnít get to stick all year. But Iím definitely going to work my hardest this summer, give it my all to make the team and stay all year. Itís going to take a lot of hard work, putting on weight, getting stronger and improving my game a lot. But Iím definitely willing to put in all the work to make that happen."
Scheifele does sound like a kid who will work his butt off to get to the NHL. Hopefully he does ok in the AHL playoffs, takes some time off after, and then works out like a demon before next TC. If he's going to make the Jets next year, we are going to need him to be contributing.

I hope Ivan can get healthy as well.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Scheifele does sound like a kid who will work his butt off to get to the NHL. Hopefully he does ok in the AHL playoffs, takes some time off after, and then works out like a demon before next TC. If he's going to make the Jets next year, we are going to need him to be contributing.

I hope Ivan can get healthy as well.
My expectations for Mark with the Ice Caps for these playoffs are modest. It's a best of 5 series with Syracuse and Mark won't be playing until game 3 so I am not sure you can establish much chemistry with line mates that quickly? If they were to go on a deep run in the playoffs then I could see Mark showing steady improvement along the way and possibly being a factor at some point but I have tempered my short term expectations.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
My expectations for Mark with the Ice Caps for these playoffs are modest. It's a best of 5 series with Syracuse and Mark won't be playing until game 3 so I am not sure you can establish much chemistry with line mates that quickly? If they were to go on a deep run in the playoffs then I could see Mark showing steady improvement along the way and possibly being a factor at some point but I have tempered my short term expectations.
Really good point PS. since he could possibly (worst case scenario that i sure as hell hope doesn't happen) only end up getting into one game. I think provided they can get past the crunch we'll actually get to see him contribute in a big way.

Now i haven't watched the icecaps all year, is there any one on their who's as able as mark was in the preseason to just find "the sweet spots"? If not, he'll be a big benefit to the team

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
$10 a game... for AHL hockey maaaan, what do they smoke there? (joke very true today)

I'd pay $10 for the channel to be back up for all the playoffs (even if the Ice Caps went out in the 1st round) but $10 a game... wow.
This isn't like the NHL though where they can just stream the tv feed. There is no TV feed so the fee they charge has to cover the actual production of the show itself.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

According to the St. John's Telegram, Scheifele won't be playing games 1 and 2 for the IceCaps. The Jets assigned him to St. John's, but the series doesn't head back to St. John's until game 3.

Quote:
Mark Scheifele is joining the St. John's IceCaps, but won't be with the team as it begins its first-round American Hockey League playoff series Friday night in Syracuse, N.Y., against the Crunch.

On Thursday afternoon, the Winnipeg Jets announced they were assigning the 19-year-old forward to the IceCaps, but that he wouldn't be heading to Syracuse, site of the first two games of the best-of-five series (Game 2 is Saturday night). Instead, he will report directly to St. John's on the weekend.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Moe Mantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
$10 a game... for AHL hockey maaaan, what do they smoke there?
And to think some people were *****ing about $10 a MONTH for all Jets games on TSN Jets!

Moe Mantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:57 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Mantha View Post
And to think some people were *****ing about $10 a MONTH for all Jets games on TSN Jets!
Right? I mean I didn't buy it this year because I've been out of town for this semester but I've talked to my parents about giving them the money for the fee next year. Definitely wanna support the Jets and definitely wanna watch them!

But $10 a game... an AHL game... I would never even consider that. I know they probably don't make as much money but still... sheesh.

irunthepeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

If they did $30-40 for the whole playoffs, I'd do it. $200? I don't think so. I understand there are economies of scale, but that's very out of whack when you compare it to GameCenter.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:33 PM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 297
well, it's free on 1290, so I guess you can listen to it while you watch some NHL playoffs.

castle is online now   Reply With Quote