HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
08-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Does the SkateZone only stitch Flyers jerseys (names and numbers), or do they do other teams and league? I have a blank ND Sioux jersey that I want to give a name to.
I'd say that Flyers jerseys are the only ones that you can be sure will come out like the on-ice product the players wear.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
On an up-note... a couple of seasons back VSZ told me flat out that PE would not touch a glued jersey in alteration... This appears to be a reversal of procedure... FOR A DEAR COST.

On the other hand, I presented them with a heat-pressed Premier rather than a sewn on Authentic that had some glue used to set the customization aligned for stitching... I would assume that the amount of adhesive would be much less and more manageable. Having said that, it is still more labor intensive and more risky, potential damage-wise. My guess is that they see a chance to bring in some added revenue but are going in for the kill... You want them to do it, you have to make it well worth their while for taking all the time and care. For goodness sakes, it costs that much for a Premier with Authentic Customization... therefore, they are basically saying that work they will do to remove the numbers on the back, arms and nameplate to be worth the cost of a blank Premier... Full Authentic Customization cost maybe 40% or less of what they are asking.

Is it possible they are trying to discourage people from doing what you are doing rather than purchasing the entire product from them?... I'd guess that they are making that route about as costly as buying from them, even with a clearance discount.
I know that they will still not touch jerseys that aren't sewn on and are ironed on.

The way they made it sound was that they really just didn't like bothering with removing numbers and what not as it wasn't worth their time.

I don't think it's that they're trying to discourage it at all, it's just not worth their time to do it.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Rob77ta

The rear numbers and nameplate will strip easily. PE does not use too much glue on the back to hold the numbers in place before sewing. I just stripped a 2.0 and there was an outline and some glue residue left by the sleeve numbers on the white airknit portion. The key is to get GI jerseys that have similar numbers as to what you are trying to convert it to. I turned a #13 to a #19 and you cannot tell there was ever a change. So if you were going to do a Giroux, a GI #23, 26, or 29 would work well. You just have to cover up those sleeve number outlines well. But it all depends on how picky you are.

Here is the #13 GI 2.0 I converted to a Hartnell. All that needed to be stripped were the #3's and the nameplate.

Last edited by Rob77ta: 09-01-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I know that they will still not touch jerseys that aren't sewn on and are ironed on.

The way they made it sound was that they really just didn't like bothering with removing numbers and what not as it wasn't worth their time.

I don't think it's that they're trying to discourage it at all, it's just not worth their time to do it.
Yeah... I suppose that all makes the most sense... and I cannot say that I can really blame them.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:25 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Does the SkateZone only stitch Flyers jerseys (names and numbers), or do they do other teams and league? I have a blank ND Sioux jersey that I want to give a name to.

Check the IceJerseys forums, there is a big ND Sioux collector there who can probably direct you to the team customizer, otherwise, go to PLA in Philly with some detailed pictures of the font and they can find someone to at least get really close to proper customization.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:01 PM
RussianRocket10

Found some jerseys down in the basement over the weekend and thought I'd share. The Sutter one is signed.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
flountown

Those are some pretty sweet finds, I really need to get motivated to sell some of the ones I don't want, and complete some of the cool project ideas that I have floating around in my head, hard to get motivated when I can't wear them anywhere...

Old
09-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Hollywood Couturier

What's up bjd?

Old
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Hollywood Couturier

New addition. Game Worn Schenn Phantoms jersey. Nice little repair on the right sleeve.

Old
09-30-2012, 06:54 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Very kewl!

Old
09-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
What's up bjd?
Scored sick autos in the lot... only 9 guys i didnt get an auto from i'd say thats whats up LOL nice meeting you

Old
09-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
Scored sick autos in the lot... only 9 guys i didnt get an auto from i'd say thats whats up LOL nice meeting you
Schenn one of them? and anyone have any idea where to get photos of Phantoms games?

EDIT: Only been able to find two pictures of him:

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 09-30-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old
09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Schenn one of them? and anyone have any idea where to get photos of Phantoms games?

EDIT: Only been able to find two pictures of him:

yes he was went 3/2 with him 2 8x10 and his sig on a 8x10 of a phantoms logo for all of them to sign...

phantoms are very diffcult to get pics of... trust me

Old
09-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
yes he was went 3/2 with him 2 8x10 and his sig on a 8x10 of a phantoms logo for all of them to sign...

phantoms are very diffcult to get pics of... trust me
Not bad. I would have liked to stay but it was my brothers birthday so I had to go to that.

Old
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Hollywood Couturier

According to the forums over on IceJerseys, 2.0's are starting to be sold at retail. So far all Canadian teams, NYR, Pens, and Blackhawks have been confirmed.

Old
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
flountown

Quote:
According to the forums over on IceJerseys, 2.0's are starting to be sold at retail. So far all Canadian teams, NYR, Pens, and Blackhawks have been confirmed.
WOOHOO, I hope this trend continues, I can't wait to check into it for the Flyers.

Old
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
flountown

In other news, I used Google translate to peek at the pricing on a Simmonds Pirates jersey, they don't seem to have his name in the queue for customization as of a few days ago, who else is guilty of jersey shopping Euro sites...

Old
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
In other news, I used Google translate to peek at the pricing on a Simmonds Pirates jersey, they don't seem to have his name in the queue for customization as of a few days ago, who else is guilty of jersey shopping Euro sites...
dude if you can get a hand on one can you point me in the direction Ive been emailing with no luck!

Old
10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
flountown

Quote:
dude if you can get a hand on one can you point me in the direction Ive been emailing with no luck!
http://www.eispiraten-crimmitschau.d...roducts_id=233

If you figure anything else out, let me know, perhaps split shipping. Also, if you don't have any luck going through the site, perhaps try contacting Wayne through Twitter or email, rather than the team, perhaps he can figure it out for you.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
http://www.eispiraten-crimmitschau.d...roducts_id=233

If you figure anything else out, let me know, perhaps split shipping. Also, if you don't have any luck going through the site, perhaps try contacting Wayne through Twitter or email, rather than the team, perhaps he can figure it out for you.
I talked to the team via twitter...

they said to email this info@eispiraten-crimmitschau.de

search my twitter handle (@mosetter27) and you can see the convo we had

Old
10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
flountown

Quote:
I talked to the team via twitter...

they said to email this info@eispiraten-crimmitschau.de

search my twitter handle (@mosetter27) and you can see the convo we had
If they get back to you, ask how much shipping a jersey is, and then ask if it'd be cheaper to ship two of them. If it's worth it, I will PayPal you the money and we can meet up around the city or Cherry Hill. Not going to lie, being a bit lazy about it, so if it saves you a couple of bucks on shipping, feel free to inquire about savings...

Old
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
If they get back to you, ask how much shipping a jersey is, and then ask if it'd be cheaper to ship two of them. If it's worth it, I will PayPal you the money and we can meet up around the city or Cherry Hill. Not going to lie, being a bit lazy about it, so if it saves you a couple of bucks on shipping, feel free to inquire about savings...
Ill talk to em... havent gotten an email response but apprently they had a bunch made up already what size would you want

Old
10-02-2012, 11:10 PM
flountown

Quote:
Ill talk to em... havent gotten an email response but apprently they had a bunch made up already what size would you want
XL, or 48-50 depending on how they do the sizing, make sure they give you measurements, Euro sizing can be a bit strange.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:15 PM
MsWoof

My friend's boss gave her a Clarke Flyers' jersey and a Henderson Team Canada jersey, both signed. She kept the Henderson and gave me the Clarke and I am wondering, if I wash it will the autograph wash off? I've never had a signed one before so I don't want to mess it up.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I just broke down and bought a Jagr Team Kladno jersey

Closed Thread