HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fat Lady warming up

Old
04-19-2012, 10:37 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
So a goal by Toews is worth more then a goal by Morrison? Who cares who scores a goal is a goal, Pittsburgh won a Cup because Max Talbot, not Crosby, Malkin, Stall, or any of their big names got scored twice in game 7.
Toews has 2 goals in his last 15+ playoff games. Kane has 1 goal in his last 10+ playoff games.

It'd be nice if our "stars" started leading the way. Our secondary scoring has shown up, now it's time for the big boys to do the same.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Oilhawks

I was really mad at first, but now all I can do is laugh. What a joke.

Oilhawks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
So a goal by Toews is worth more then a goal by Morrison? Who cares who scores a goal is a goal, Pittsburgh won a Cup because Max Talbot, not Crosby, Malkin, Stall, or any of their big names got scored twice in game 7.
i think he meant that some of the hawks stars need to step it up. kane looks good, toews pretty solid i guess. sharp isn't doing much though. they could all be playing a lot better. except for maybe kane. kane has been playing pretty damn good.

when these guys are paid as much as they are to score goals, then they better start scoring when it means the most

Pepe Silvia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:40 PM
ObeyMashinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Toews has 2 goals in his last 15+ playoff games. Kane has 1 goal in his last 10+ playoff games.

It'd be nice if our "stars" started leading the way. Our secondary scoring has shown up, now it's time for the big boys to do the same.
Where has mister Patrick Sharp been? His Salary will go up 2 million next year. I see his performance declining.

ObeyMashinter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:43 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyBollig View Post
Where has mister Patrick Sharp been? His Salary will go up 2 million next year. I see his performance declining.
Patrick Sharp deserves as much blame as Kane and Toews, for sure. Just trying to make a point about the guys who are supposed to be the catalyst of the team, being almost complete no-shows through 4 games. Toews is coming off a tough injury, that's completely understandable.. but I said it in the GDT, Chicago needed a big game from their captain and they didn't get it. The blame doesn't fall on him alone, though, obviously.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:45 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

I think part of the problem is the lack of depth we have at center, and maybe we miss monty sorry to say but I really believe he makes this defense look different

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:45 PM
DontToewzMeBro

I watched every game. Crawford was really good especially in game 3. I'm angry but in regulation he made many key saves. In our comeback win game 2 he was the hawks bet player.

That being said those two OT goals are unacceptable. And angered me just as mug as the Oduya turnover.

Seriously though Craw couldn't do much on the first goal , made the first save on a brutal give away.

Shoulda put Emery in OT haha

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:47 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
i think he meant that some of the hawks stars need to step it up. kane looks good, toews pretty solid i guess. sharp isn't doing much though. they could all be playing a lot better. except for maybe kane. kane has been playing pretty damn good.

when these guys are paid as much as they are to score goals, then they better start scoring when it means the most
Yup this

If someone told you that through four games, the six highest scoring forwards on the team (Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland and Stalberg) would combine for two goals, would you say that the Hawks would be tied or up in the series? I'd probably think it would be over already.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:48 PM
DontToewzMeBro

For next year

To Florida
P.Sharp-k.Beach

To Chicago
Weiss and a 1st

Then Florida finishes 3rd last we win the lottery and draft McKinnon

Good talk.

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:56 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Look afraid to make a mistake IMO
Well it was his first PO game, so that's not too surprising...!

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:24 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
I watched every game. Crawford was really good especially in game 3. I'm angry but in regulation he made many key saves. In our comeback win game 2 he was the hawks bet player.

That being said those two OT goals are unacceptable. And angered me just as mug as the Oduya turnover.

Seriously though Craw couldn't do much on the first goal , made the first save on a brutal give away.

Shoulda put Emery in OT haha
should never have had Leddy and Odonnell on the ice at a time in OT. Brunette was also on the ice despite showing he should have been put on the bench after the first.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:35 AM
thathippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Precisely my point.

I agree. We have nothing to lose at this point and he gives us our best shot to win.

Did I really just say that about Carter ****ing Hutton?

Hutton? Really?

"silly-dilly-dokey-o. I'm an idiot"

thathippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:38 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
should never have had Leddy and Odonnell on the ice at a time in OT. Brunette was also on the ice despite showing he should have been put on the bench after the first.
Brunette should have been sent to Toledo after the first 20 games of the season.

Old
04-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I stayed away from here because I don't wanted to write some stupid stuff like 85% of the GDT was.

Just my observations...
Saad looked like I expected him to look. He tried to help without making a mistake and he got confident more and more. Still needs to work more and get better. He wasn't out of place.
Krüger was 10 times better than in game 3 and if all players would play with his effort and intensity level, we would have finished this series yesterday.
The hate he got during the game was just laughable.

BMo was good for a 4th line Center and showed more than Mayers did in the last 20 games. Still not good, but acceptable.

I said it all season long... our goaltending sucks big time and only 1 team is worse. I've lost all the hope that was left about CC.

Sharp looks affraid, Kane was alone and I really wonder what would have happened if the goal Bolland scored would have counted

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I stayed away from here because I don't wanted to write some stupid stuff like 85% of the GDT was.

Just my observations...
Saad looked like I expected him to look. He tried to help without making a mistake and he got confident more and more. Still needs to work more and get better. He wasn't out of place.
Krüger was 10 times better than in game 3 and if all players would play with his effort and intensity level, we would have finished this series yesterday.
The hate he got during the game was just laughable.

BMo was good for a 4th line Center and showed more than Mayers did in the last 20 games. Still not good, but acceptable.

I said it all season long... our goaltending sucks big time and only 1 team is worse. I've lost all the hope that was left about CC.

Sharp looks affraid, Kane was alone and I really wonder what would have happened if the goal Bolland scored would have counted
So kruger played with intensity and effort but kane was still alone?

Hmm, sure sounds like Kruger shoulda been gettin about 10min pking and winging on the 4th line.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Hawkaholic

I may be alone, but Saad was very unimpressive, and he should be no where near the lineup next game. Bollig needs to sit, Mayers needs to be in.

Kruger was the same as usual, not effecitive.

The stars have been brutal, it's OK for Toews because he is just coming back, but no excuse for Kane, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Stalberg has been crap.

Crawford needs to go away! Really really far away.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
So kruger played with intensity and effort but kane was still alone?

Hmm, sure sounds like Kruger shoulda been gettin about 10min pking and winging on the 4th line.
what has effort and intensity to do with skill and offense?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

So my observations from being at the game. I sat two rows behind the Hawks bench. Morrison seemed to be getting yelled at a lot by coaches. I laughed when he scored the first goal on that shot.

Hawks did not look fired up, they played well and had a ton of opportunities but this team is missing something.

There was a great moment in the 3rd or OT when the entire crowd was chanting Hossa. Crawford has to make that save. That's what he's there for.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what has effort and intensity to do with skill and offense?
It does really suck that he plays with all that heart and intensity and still blows donkey balls.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Ujjy

On the bright side, looks like Detroit and Vancouver will lose as well. Would a Chicago playoff run even be the same without those 2 teams? Lol sounds like I'm in denial.

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Ujjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
For next year

To Florida
P.Sharp-k.Beach

To Chicago
Weiss and a 1st

Then Florida finishes 3rd last we win the lottery and draft McKinnon

Good talk.
The tank starts in the offseason

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Panzerspitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I may be alone, but Saad was very unimpressive, and he should be no where near the lineup next game. Bollig needs to sit, Mayers needs to be in.
Mayers was brutal in his three games, especially on the PK.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
Mayers was brutal in his three games, especially on the PK.
Bollig has been beyond brutal in every game. Mayers is better than him.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:55 PM
tdfxman

Man this sucks this year.

Our sweedish guys couldn't even make Team Sweden.

Sharp seems injured. Kane is on a helicoptor line, he has no wings.

Our Big 4 is really 1.5. Kane and some of Sharp and #19.

We just aren't good right now. Our D is the biggest thing. Leddy is a boy on defense. Where were the wheels?

They tried to get 6 and 8 our for an O zone start against some non-scores. But why would $6 ever pinch in his life, ever?

Lastly, Odoya sucks. I mean cmon. The worst thing for me was the reply of his turnover. He DOES NOT MAKE ONE STRIDE BACK. He GLIDES and WATCHES what happens.

I mean if he stops hard, busts back with maybe ONE Stride, or 2, he gets back to the play. Please watch him on that. I would not resign him for that one play. I mean it is the playoffs and you can't make a bad turnover and try to get back in the play. To me that was the worst.

We need to split up Keith and Seebs to keep them on the ice more. PHX does not have an uber studly #1 line we need to match up against. That would keep at least a serviceable D man out there.

Yeah too bad on that goal. Our by far worst 2 dmen and then no goal.

Rant off. Jr. sucks at building a team btw. no size and no grit. He only had 2 years to do that. Why not Ryder instead of Frolick and Brunette. Ryder was a winner and Top 6 guy. Crappy Dallas and still 30+ goals I think. Bowman sucks.

tdfxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Panzerspitze

And suckass Quenneville gets a free pass again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfxman View Post
Man this sucks this year.

Our sweedish guys couldn't even make Team Sweden.

Sharp seems injured. Kane is on a helicoptor line, he has no wings.

Our Big 4 is really 1.5. Kane and some of Sharp and #19.

We just aren't good right now. Our D is the biggest thing. Leddy is a boy on defense. Where were the wheels?

They tried to get 6 and 8 our for an O zone start against some non-scores. But why would $6 ever pinch in his life, ever?

Lastly, Odoya sucks. I mean cmon. The worst thing for me was the reply of his turnover. He DOES NOT MAKE ONE STRIDE BACK. He GLIDES and WATCHES what happens.

I mean if he stops hard, busts back with maybe ONE Stride, or 2, he gets back to the play. Please watch him on that. I would not resign him for that one play. I mean it is the playoffs and you can't make a bad turnover and try to get back in the play. To me that was the worst.

We need to split up Keith and Seebs to keep them on the ice more. PHX does not have an uber studly #1 line we need to match up against. That would keep at least a serviceable D man out there.

Yeah too bad on that goal. Our by far worst 2 dmen and then no goal.

Rant off. Jr. sucks at building a team btw. no size and no grit. He only had 2 years to do that. Why not Ryder instead of Frolick and Brunette. Ryder was a winner and Top 6 guy. Crappy Dallas and still 30+ goals I think. Bowman sucks.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote