HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

End of the Third and Beyond!

Old
04-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Trojan35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
Again, you'd trade away one of the best players ever to wear teal? (IMHO) Earlier in the season, everyone here loved Pavs, Tinman, Clowe, Patty, Boyle etc... and now because of a tough WCSF, "Blow it up!"
I think the "Blow it up!" calls have been around for several years. As Boyle continues his rapid decline and Thornton/Marleau pass their peaks you're going to see a lot more calls to restructure the core.

I also think Sharks fans who want to build around Couture/Pavs are delusional. They're good complimentary players, but the Sharks don't have a talented young RFA/ELC core to build around, such as a Crosby/Malkin from a few years ago or Toews/Kane/Keith, or Hall/RNH/Nail, etc. The Sharks really do have a window or 1 or 2 more years and, honestly, in those 1-2 years their chances are going to be less than the previous 3-4.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

I'm against trading Jumbo, Pavs, and Clowe.

Not because of this series no way. And Niemi has been fine, he let in that 4th soft goal unfortunately in game 3, that's about it. He isn't to blame for this crap.

Marleau can leave im sick of his disappearing acts I would be sad to see Boyle go he's getting older but he still has game, but also value. He wants to win the cup again for sure but it depends on the return. He has a lot of heart unlike some people on this team.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:13 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
I think the "Blow it up!" calls have been around for several years. As Boyle continues his rapid decline and Thornton/Marleau pass their peaks you're going to see a lot more calls to restructure the core.

I also think Sharks fans who want to build around Couture/Pavs are delusional. They're good complimentary players, but the Sharks don't have a talented young RFA/ELC core to build around, such as a Crosby/Malkin from a few years ago or Toews/Kane/Keith, or Hall/RNH/Nail, etc. The Sharks really do have a window or 1 or 2 more years and, honestly, in those 1-2 years their chances are going to be less than the previous 3-4.
Spot on. Couture and Pavelski are good players, but they're no Marleau or Thornton. People need to realize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
I'm against trading Jumbo, Pavs, and Clowe.

Not because of this series no way. And Niemi has been fine, he let in that 4th soft goal unfortunately in game 3, that's about it. He isn't to blame for this crap.

Marleau can leave im sick of his disappearing acts I would be sad to see Boyle go he's getting older but he still has game, but also value. He wants to win the cup again for sure but it depends on the return. He has a lot of heart unlike some people on this team.
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that your username is "Plowevelski", huh?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

I'm against trading Pavelski because he is normally a clutch player with a high hockey IQ. I think he's just totally snakebitten and not playing well this series.

Clowe... You wanna trade someone with a rare skillset that is a power forward, very high end fighter, good hands for a big man, will fight anyone and is obviously having a tough year? Yeah he's been invisible this year in the playoffs sure but I'd say give him another chance.

Not trading Jumbo is obvious. This has nothing to do with any sort of bias. I think both Pavs and especially Clowe have been horrible.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
I'm against trading Pavelski because he is normally a clutch player with a high hockey IQ. I think he's just totally snakebitten and not playing well this series.

Clowe... You wanna trade someone with a rare skillset that is a power forward, very high end fighter, good hands for a big man, will fight anyone and is obviously having a tough year? Yeah he's been invisible this year in the playoffs sure but I'd say give him another chance.

Not trading Jumbo is obvious. This has nothing to do with any sort of bias. I think both Pavs and especially Clowe have been horrible.
Clowe no longer fits on this team. You know who's been more physical than him this series? Patrick ****ing Marleau. Clowe is slow and easily the first player that should be shipped out.

Let it stand that this isn't a reaction to this season; I said this past off-season that we should have traded Clowe while his value was at its highest.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote