HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Dan Boyle to shake up the team in the offseason?

Old
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
freddypuck

vCash: 500
ok then, make an offer for Suter.....we need to get tougher back there anyway

freddypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Sutes is not exactly what I'd call "tough"...

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

If by tough you mean tough to score on sure but if you mean tough as in hur dur tough then nope that's not Suter.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:32 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

What would it take to get Boyle back to Tampa? We need a PPQB and a PMD he fills both needs here. Our number 10 pick is off the table.. what would it take?

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
What would it take to get Boyle back to Tampa? We need a PPQB and a PMD he fills both needs here. Our number 10 pick is off the table.. what would it take?
If the #10 pick is off the table, the other assets that would be intriguing would also be off the table. Guys like Hedman or Connolly. Sharks need a PMD on the left side, speed and scoring depth up front, and quality picks/prospects. I sincerely doubt you'd be willing to pay the price for a guy like Boyle.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

2 of the remaining picks in the first two rounds would be nice.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:19 PM
fasterthanlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
I highly doubt that DW would trade Boyle back to Tampa given how the ownership there treated him (I think it was the ownership?) and how upset he was.

fasterthanlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:36 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterthanlight View Post
I highly doubt that DW would trade Boyle back to Tampa given how the ownership there treated him (I think it was the ownership?) and how upset he was.
The owner who traded Boyle is long gone and has his own financial problems to face. The whole front office is revamped since Boyle was last there.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:06 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Id love to see the sharks and rangers make a trade for something like boyle for anisimov, dubinsky, sauer, erixon or a pick. If the sharks made that trade it woukd help the.sharks get younger pluss add some defense and pk ability. Whike the sharks lose out on boyles top flight pp qb ability anisimov or dubinsky could help climb close to top third in pk. The other plus to dubinsky or anisimov is they are flexible and.be used on any line

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:08 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
Whike the sharks lose out on boyles top flight pp qb ability anisimov or dubinsky could help climb close to top third in pk.
Not really interested in Dubinksy and his salary. And personnel wasn't the problem with the PK these past two years, it was the system.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:41 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Id love to see the sharks and rangers make a trade for something like boyle for anisimov, dubinsky, sauer, erixon or a pick. If the sharks made that trade it woukd help the.sharks get younger pluss add some defense and pk ability. Whike the sharks lose out on boyles top flight pp qb ability anisimov or dubinsky could help climb close to top third in pk. The other plus to dubinsky or anisimov is they are flexible and.be used on any line
The only trade with the Rangers for Boyle I'm interested includes Hagelin, and when I asked Rangers fans what needed to be added to the deal, they politely told me that Hagelin was the second coming of Jesus and to kindly GTFO.

Boyle + 2nd for Hagelin + Dubinsky (cap reasons, decent tweener) would be the deal I'd be after. Although I do like Anisimov.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:08 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The only trade with the Rangers for Boyle I'm interested includes Hagelin, and when I asked Rangers fans what needed to be added to the deal, they politely told me that Hagelin was the second coming of Jesus and to kindly GTFO.

Boyle + 2nd for Hagelin + Dubinsky (cap reasons, decent tweener) would be the deal I'd be after. Although I do like Anisimov.
Del Zotto, Zuccarello, Kreider, Haglin, Stepan, and Anisomov are all future superstars didn't you hear?

I think we should hold on to Boyle until the trade deadline and see if Burns has filled his role completely by then, because I'm not very confident he has right now.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Del Zotto, Zuccarello, Kreider, Haglin, Stepan, and Anisomov are all future superstars didn't you hear?

I think we should hold on to Boyle until the trade deadline and see if Burns has filled his role completely by then, because I'm not very confident he has right now.
Asking a player like Boyle to waive his NTC at the deadline is a terrible idea.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:19 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:

Del Zotto is crap. Actually. He can't skate, he has horrible positioning, he's a giveaway machine when even a little bit of pressure is placed on him, and his decision-making is mind-boggling. And apparently Kreider is already a lock for 30 goals next season.

Burns had 20 points in his last 34 games while also improving dramatically defensively over the course of the year. He's shown me enough to feel confidant going into next season with him as the #1, especially if the coaching staff separates him from Murray and reunites him with Vlasic. Besides, you know that DW is going to think the Sharks can get to the post season regardless of how they're doing at the deadline. He'll never make the team worse at that juncture.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:29 AM
sjshrky27

I wouldnt trade Boyle- Instead, I would make him captain,and move JT to "A" (and Clowe). Trade Marleau for a 1st and 3rd/4th. Grab Parise and 3rd liner. Or, grab Nash and another D player.

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:36 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
I wouldnt trade Boyle- Instead, I would make him captain,and move JT to "A" (and Clowe). Trade Marleau for a 1st and 3rd/4th. Grab Parise and 3rd liner. Or, grab Nash and another D player.
So how many Cups do we have in this fantasy land?

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

well, we could pull a Calgary at the draft and trade a high pick for negotiating rights for Suter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2...ory?id=4291535

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
well, we could pull a Calgary at the draft and trade a high pick for negotiating rights for Suter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2...ory?id=4291535
That article was enough to scare me off Suter.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

It's risky, yes. Depends on how crazy DW will be this offseason ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:52 AM
sjshrky27

Quote:
So how many Cups do we have in this fantasy land?
every year since 91

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:36 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

I wouldn't want to see hagelin dealt but I could be persuaded into being ok with it. Not sure how much that woukd help the.sharks in comparison to anisimov or dubi.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:47 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I wouldn't want to see hagelin dealt but I could be persuaded into being ok with it. Not sure how much that woukd help the.sharks in comparison to anisimov or dubi.
Hagelin is a great forechecker with a tenacious work ethic and silky skating (from what I've seen). I could see him excel dumping pucks to Thornton or flying up the wing with Marleau and Havlat. His total no-show in the playoffs is worrying (Michalek 2.0?), but I'd take the chance on the kid.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if all we can get for Boyle is Dubinsky, that's not a good trade for the Sharks (because they really only save about $2.5M in cap space, so not enough to go after Suter, Carle, etc.).

From Tampa... Brett Connolly or Teddy Purcell are what interest me.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:46 AM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

i'd be ok with moving Boyle *only* if we get Suter or a like like player to replace him.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Korolyuk15

I definitely wouldn't be sad to see Boyle go, something about him just rubs me wrong (personality and style of play)...would be great to get a young D capable of stepping in as a 5/6 pairing or a fast young forward

Vlasic - Burns

Stuart (FA)- Braun

Demers - Irwin/Moore/Petrecki/acquired Asset

Much younger, more mobile and offensive D corps

Korolyuk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 01:06 PM
hockeyball

The problem with trading Boyle is that you cannot do it at the draft. So even IF Suter signs here, you won't know it till long after the draft.

The only way to do it is to trade other pieces for basically pure futures at the draft (to restock the pool) and then trade someone for Suter's rights. If you can sign him, when Boyle's window opens you move him for roster players for holes you still need to fill. If Suter doesn't sign, Boyle is your backup. Either way, I'm not sure how Boyle would feel about those shenanigans (unless you actually plan to keep both...)

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote