HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parse Practicing (4/20/12 - Still Not Returning This Season)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  #26
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 21,731
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
If everyone admits that he has offensive talent, why is everyone so unconcerned about letting him walk in the off-season? I say keep him around. Sign him to a two-way league minimum contract (because with his record the last two years, who would take him?), and hope he stays healthy.
He's eligible for an incentive laden contract because of injury history

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
  #27
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,839
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Send him to Manchester on a conditioning stint. Could get him ready for the NHL 2nd round.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:38 PM
  #28
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,443
vCash: 500
its been so long since i've seen him play, i forgot what his number was until now


kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
  #29
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
If everyone admits that he has offensive talent, why is everyone so unconcerned about letting him walk in the off-season? I say keep him around. Sign him to a two-way league minimum contract (because with his record the last two years, who would take him?), and hope he stays healthy.
This is what I don't get either. We need skilled players and Parse has it. It's worth a shot and at worse he's AHL depth to help the farm boys learn the pro game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
He's eligible for an incentive laden contract because of injury history
But would he actually get that contract? I'm pretty sure he'd just be happy with another shot. Not many people like Parse get a ton of shots. Two straight years with season ending injuries and nothing to really merit a contract before that. I think he could probably get a contract with another NHL team but he should be smart and see that we do lack skilled wingers and that he does have a decent shot at making the NHL team next year if he stays healthy and has a good camp.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:45 PM
  #30
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,839
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I would give Parse another contract, but could depend on if Holloway comes back to the Kings.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:04 PM
  #31
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,927
vCash: 500
I don't see where he fits in if the Kings decide to bring him back.

*The Kings will surely look to make an upgrade this summer to find a LW to play with either Kopitar or Richards (not putting much faith in Simon Gagne's return).

*There's a good possibility that King and Nolan return next season as regulars in the lineup. King can be the 3rd LW and Nolan can fill a 4th line role.

*Clifford will be slotted as the 4th line LW unless he outplays King. The Kings need his physicality and intensity, so there is no reason why Clifford won't be a regular player in the lineup.

*Westgarth will be back as the 13th or 14th forward on the roster.

So where does that leave Parse? I think he takes his chances and goes to a non-playoff team where he will get an opportunity to play or he signs with some European club. He's been too injury prone to be relied upon to be a regular in any lineup.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:02 PM
  #32
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I don't see where he fits in if the Kings decide to bring him back.

*The Kings will surely look to make an upgrade this summer to find a LW to play with either Kopitar or Richards (not putting much faith in Simon Gagne's return).

*There's a good possibility that King and Nolan return next season as regulars in the lineup. King can be the 3rd LW and Nolan can fill a 4th line role.

*Clifford will be slotted as the 4th line LW unless he outplays King. The Kings need his physicality and intensity, so there is no reason why Clifford won't be a regular player in the lineup.

*Westgarth will be back as the 13th or 14th forward on the roster.

So where does that leave Parse? I think he takes his chances and goes to a non-playoff team where he will get an opportunity to play or he signs with some European club. He's been too injury prone to be relied upon to be a regular in any lineup.
I'm not so sure Westgarth will be back. Sutter clearly has no use for him.

And Parse is a natural RW so MAYBE in the 3rd line RW spot. I could see him/Holloway/Moller having a TC battle for that spot alongside King/Loktionov. But I think it's more likely Parse walks since he is UFA since he will want to go somewhere where he will have better chance at a roster spot.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
  #33
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love
 
The mitchrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
Give him a Moreau or Hunter type deal and see if he gets it together next season.

The mitchrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:18 PM
  #34
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Parse will sign with NYI and score 30+ goals next season...

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
  #35
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Parse will sign with NYI and score 30+ goals next season...
Or with Columbus and have the same result. Wherever he plays, I hope he can have an injury free season for a change.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:09 PM
  #36
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
LoL! I did this last year. Last year I noted the ETA for Parse's arrival and gave an estimate on when he'd be back playing. Meanwhile, everybody shouted me down for being "wrong". And then Parse played!

And this year?

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/20...ice-update-36/

LoL, how many people in the other thread were stating emphatically that both myself AND Rich Hammond were "wrong" about the status of Parse?!
Pretty sure he's still not even close to returning...

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
  #37
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,692
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
LoL! I did this last year. Last year I noted the ETA for Parse's arrival and gave an estimate on when he'd be back playing. Meanwhile, everybody shouted me down for being "wrong". And then Parse played!

And this year?

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/20...ice-update-36/

LoL, how many people in the other thread were stating emphatically that both myself AND Rich Hammond were "wrong" about the status of Parse?!
Call me when he plays.

Bringing him back for another season is like flushing money down the drain when we don't even have many spots on the roster to fill in. No thanks.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.