Olli Maatta D 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Ducks Draft Board #9

A bit irrelevant at this point but it's still possible that Murray reaches down to make a pick. Reinhart was pretty much the consensus in the last one, but picks were a little more scattered. Who's next?

1.) Nail Yakupov RW 100%
2.) Mikhail Grigorenko C/RW 45%
3.) Ryan Murray D 48%
4.) Alex Galchenyuk C 80.9%
5.) Filip Forsberg W/C 80%
6.) Matt Dumba D 43%
7.) Jacob Trouba D 50%
8.) Griffin Reinhart D 50%

Last edited by DuckJet: 04-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.
DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Already screwed up my vote. Wanted to pick Ceci. Accidentally went with Rielly.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Already screwed up my vote. Wanted to pick Ceci. Accidentally went with Rielly.
I have no idea why both of those players are being voted on. It's clearly Teravainen at 9 but it should of been 8.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:19 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I have no idea why both of those players are being voted on. It's clearly Teravainen at 9 but it should of been 8.
Clearly is highly debatable for a few reasons

1.) Teuvo has raised up from the mid second round to the top of the charts. Obviously final rankings are most important but it says something that he started in lower regard
2.) The guys already voted in have been at the top all year long. It's been a consistent effort from them..
3.) A player's draft value, particularly late risers shouldn't be considered a CLEAR choice unless you're in the 12-25 range. It isn't clear that Teravainen is more talented than Collberg, Rielly, Reinhart, and Faksa. It's also not clear that Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray, Dumba, Forsberg will go top 5. I mean...probably only one of them would fall out if that was the case, but Grigorenko's play is probably going to see his stock slip.

From what I've seen he is but this surge from him can be an anomaly for all we know. Hardly something I'd call clear.

Anyway my vote is for Ceci, if somehow there's a tie I'll apply my vote. Ceci makes the most sense after Reinhart for the Ducks who are pretty stacked on wingers though I believe at this stage Rielly is the best player available, I just don't see him being effective in Anaheim unless we trade him or Fowler.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Clearly is highly debatable for a few reasons

1.) Teuvo has raised up from the mid second round to the top of the charts. Obviously final rankings are most important but it says something that he started in lower regard
2.) The guys already voted in have been at the top all year long. It's been a consistent effort from them..
3.) A player's draft value, particularly late risers shouldn't be considered a CLEAR choice unless you're in the 12-25 range. It isn't clear that Teravainen is more talented than Collberg, Rielly, Reinhart, and Faksa. It's also not clear that Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray, Dumba, Forsberg will go top 5. I mean...probably only one of them would fall out if that was the case, but Grigorenko's play is probably going to see his stock slip.

From what I've seen he is but this surge from him can be an anomaly for all we know. Hardly something I'd call clear.

Anyway my vote is for Ceci, if somehow there's a tie I'll apply my vote. Ceci makes the most sense after Reinhart for the Ducks who are pretty stacked on wingers though I believe at this stage Rielly is the best player available, I just don't see him being effective in Anaheim unless we trade him or Fowler.
I'm starting to really like Dumba now... He kinda won me over with some of the mocks being made and scouts responses. What scares me is some the scouting reports has em at 2nd overall and we may be stuck with a player like Murray or another D man. I think Dumba would fit in nicely here in Anaheim.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I'm starting to really like Dumba now... He kinda won me over with some of the mocks being made and scouts responses. What scares me is some the scouting reports has em at 2nd overall and we may be stuck with a player like Murray or another D man. I think Dumba would fit in nicely here in Anaheim.
I don't know why that should scare you. Murray is a very good prospect as well. Probably a safer bet than Dumba. Dumba has higher upside but he also has higher bust potential. In my mind, at the absolute worst Murray is a defensive minded 4th dman on pretty much any team.

As much as I like Forsberg, and as much upside as he has, I think worst case scenario is FF is the BPA to Anaheim. Just cause it might take a while and...this inability to convert as much as others even at a U-18 tournament, it makes me nervous (that and we have an influx of wingers. FF can play C but he hasn't been doing it much at this tournament). Grigorenko makes me the most nervous though...Either way we're coming away with a great prospect as long as BM doesn't go off the wall.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Fallenity

Teräväinen is going to be something special. While looking at current ability and skill-level, there are other players on the poll that go ahead of him. But he's shown attributes, like playmaking IQ and passing skill that you can't teach as well as other skills. He might be more of a risk then the other players, but I think he's got very good potential.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

You guys love the Jokerit forward connection I guess
:p

Old
04-20-2012, 11:36 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
A little interesting that Rielly was second place last poll, but Teuvo pulls ahead in this poll.

Not really that unusual since the 50% who voted for Reinhart can make a big swing, but just a tiny bit different.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Fallenity

Quote:
You guys love the Jokerit forward connection I guess
:p
Haven't watched a Jokerit game in my life and probably never will, but for some reason I like this kid

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 1076
I've been voting Rielly for like the last three polls. He should be higher than this, IMO.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:38 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I've been voting Rielly for like the last three polls. He should be higher than this, IMO.
Talent-wise Rielly is probably better than Reinhart. But it might be sort of a Fowler vs McIlrath kind of thing.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Talent-wise Rielly is probably better than Reinhart. But it might be sort of a Fowler vs McIlrath kind of thing.
No doubt. They are very different. I just think Rielly has a higher ceiling.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote