HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How is Sens Mile for actually WATCHING the game?

Old
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Sureves

vCash: 500
How is Sens Mile for actually WATCHING the game?

Hey guys,

Quite shamefully considering I live in Ottawa and am in my partying prime at the tender age of 22, I've never been, and a lot of my friends want to go there on Saturday for the game.

Now the reason I'm hesitant to go and why I'm posting here, is because I - like all of you hardcore fans no doubt - like to actually WATCH the game and more importantly HEAR the game.

So my question is, what kind of a setup do they have there? I have literally no idea so please don't laugh at me , is it like a massive, massive projector screen outside with the game projected on to it and speakers blaringly loud? Is it just individual bars playing the game inside the various bars and you just go there to watch the game? If it's the latter, do they actually play the god damn sound at the same kind of volumes they would normally play music at a club, or do they have it low volume (this drives me INSANE)?

The more detail the better, if you have some time to spare I'd love a graphic description so I can decide if I need to make an excuse as to why I can't go or not.

Thanks a lot in advance, GO SENS!

Last edited by Sureves: 04-19-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:17 AM
DarthKoRn

It's the later. Individual bars playing the game inside. Most if not all of them turn off their music and pump the game through the sound system. I recommend going to St Louis. Probably the best spot on the mile to watch the game, they have a ton of TVs, and a projector screen.

DarthKoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:25 AM
shootingrubber

Funny, I was wondering the exact same thing. I finish exams on Saturday and I am supposed to go to Sens Mile afterwards to watch the game. It drives me nuts when they don't actually play the sound for the game.

shootingrubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKoRn View Post
It's the later. Individual bars playing the game inside. Most if not all of them turn off their music and pump the game through the sound system. I recommend going to St Louis. Probably the best spot on the mile to watch the game, they have a ton of TVs, and a projector screen.
Good to know, thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
Funny, I was wondering the exact same thing. I finish exams on Saturday and I am supposed to go to Sens Mile afterwards to watch the game. It drives me nuts when they don't actually play the sound for the game.
Hopefully the bars know what to do!

Old
04-19-2012, 10:04 AM
pepty

vCash: 400
Maclaren's is the best sports bar I think but it may be hard to get in.
Sir John A's across the street will also have the game on.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:18 AM
backdoorpass

molson hockey house is also a pretty good time, probably better then sens mile, its right beside cornerstone, plus they give out lots of tickets and such, hidden gem

backdoorpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:14 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

I watched Game 2 at the Pump. Their patio has a cool TV set up.

Does anyone know if they're going to set up the projectors on the street like they did during the SCFs in 2007. It would be cool if they did that for Saturday.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post

Does anyone know if they're going to set up the projectors on the street like they did during the SCFs in 2007. It would be cool if they did that for Saturday.
spam the mayor's inbox enough then eventually.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

What's a good place for those who are going down with someone who is not legal age?

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post

It'd be SO sick if they did that for Saturday. Unfortunately, I think the Vancouver incident may have ruined that for the the foreseeable future (not making a joke)

Old
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
DarthKoRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
What's a good place for those who are going down with someone who is not legal age?
Anywhere really. Most places are restaurants, and even if they are bars, they aren't id-ing people at the entrance or anything. I still say ST Louis is the best place on the Mile, but John A and Maclarens are good too. Fox & The Feather has a decent bar section for watching stuff too.

DarthKoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:28 PM
AtomicSmashbomb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Gatineau.

AtomicSmashbomb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicSmashbomb View Post
Gatineau.
Haha saw that coming

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
ZSensFan

Quote:
I'm 99.9% sure the bars on Elgin (even the restaurant bars like Fox and Feather) will not let a minor in after like 6pm or something, they card a lot of people or they can lose their license. Call to check first!

ZSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
salomonster

Aside from the spill out onto Elgin, watching the games, the venues to watch are pretty avg.

Maclaren's staff and bouncers are pretty weak if you ask me, I remember having to wait to get in when the place wasn't really that full. And who pays cover to go watch a hockey game C'mon man!

This is my opinion but I think the best place in Ottawa to watch the game in a bar is @ the Prescott in Little Italy.

They have a million tvs they have the sound on and for Sens game nights the place it full of true hockey fans rather then Elgin street bar flies.

The food is amazing, the atmosphere is amazing and the people whomgomthere are serious about their hockey.

It's not far from the Sens mile for post game people watching.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:13 PM
AtomicSmashbomb*

I like to kick it in Minto Park with a couple of Colt 45's (in a paper bag, of course) while watching the game on my phone.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonster View Post
Aside from the spill out onto Elgin, watching the games, the venues to watch are pretty avg.

Maclaren's staff and bouncers are pretty weak if you ask me, I remember having to wait to get in when the place wasn't really that full. And who pays cover to go watch a hockey game C'mon man!

This is my opinion but I think the best place in Ottawa to watch the game in a bar is @ the Prescott in Little Italy.

They have a million tvs they have the sound on and for Sens game nights the place it full of true hockey fans rather then Elgin street bar flies.

The food is amazing, the atmosphere is amazing and the people whomgomthere are serious about their hockey.

I actually live extremely close to there and go pretty often. Fantastic restaurant/bar.

That said I think in forced in to Elgin

Old
04-19-2012, 10:19 PM
shootingrubber

Anyone know if there is cover at St. Louis Bar and Grill?

Old
04-19-2012, 10:30 PM
pepty

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonster View Post

I've never paid cover at Maclarens.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
HankHillC3H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
I've never paid cover at Maclarens.
Same and the only time I've had to wait for something is when I was there to play pool.

HankHillC3H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:33 PM
ZSensFan

Never paid cover at Maclarens, but the service there does suck big time, apparently they have an owner who is an idi0t who doesn't know what he's doing...just what I've heard but I've heard it enough to assume it's true.

St. Louis service is way better but it's smaller. I imagine both will be packed on Saturday night. The Prescott suggestion is a good idea!

ZSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKoRn View Post
If you don't get their early enough, you might not get close enough to a TV, as the bars are packed. Great atmosphere though!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:11 PM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
If you don't get their early enough, you might not get close enough to a TV, as the bars are packed. Great atmosphere though!
How early? My exam only finishes at 5PM

Old
04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
backdoorpass

seriously check out this tent 20 tickets given away last time, everyone stood up and sang national anthem and stuff, pretty good atmosphere

backdoorpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
AtomicSmashbomb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
seriously check out this tent 20 tickets given away last time, everyone stood up and sang national anthem and stuff, pretty good atmosphere
Are they all about the backdoor pass? Is it that kind of place? A place where you can play?