HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Oh god. Watch the video of the goal guys. Such a bad goal.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Go Whale!

Hrivik looks like a nice pickup.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Five goals in four playoff games. He'll be a big piece of next year's Whale team...and hey who knows, maybe a potential call up down the road. He works hard and seems to be a puck magnet.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

JAM with 8 shots and a goal tonight. I haven't yet cursed since joining this forum 5 years ago, but if we don't give him an NHL deal and let him slip away, you'll see one long string of swear words from me directed at Slats.

He's a top-10 prospect for us, after the following 8: Kreider, Hagelin, Erixon, Miller, McIlrath, St. Croix, Thomas and Fasth... and I'm not even sure that the last 3 on this list are necessarily superior to JAM.

Marek Hrivik is having a hell of a Spring, though I don't know enough about him and his QMJHL numbers aren't overwhelming. Let's see if he can keep up his scoring.

Old
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Oh god. Watch the video of the goal guys. Such a bad goal.
Most OT winners in the PO's are ugly, this one is no different

Old
05-03-2012, 12:54 PM
NYR Viper

Great to see the Whale continue their strong of good play. Hopefully they will continue to gain good experience down in the AHL as there are now quite a few young players playing.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Most OT winners in the PO's are ugly, this one is no different
Some are, not all. It's just especially deflating a few minutes into overtime after three periods of good goaltending.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:21 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
JAM with 8 shots and a goal tonight. I haven't yet cursed since joining this forum 5 years ago, but if we don't give him an NHL deal and let him slip away, you'll see one long string of swear words from me directed at Slats.
I have no doubt that Slats will offer him a contract. At that point, it's up to JAM whether he wants to sign it. If he chooses to sign somewhere else, there's nothing Slats can do. Any offer he gets from another team is going to be basically the same as what he'll get from the Rangers because of the limitations on ELCs.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I don't visit this thread very often... What is the general consensus on how Erixon, Miller, Thomas, McIlrath have looked in the playoffs? (I didn't check but I believe all of those players are not w/ the Whale?).

Old
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

If JAM has designs on making the NHL next year, not sure why he would sign with this team. He'd basically be in the MZA position, or worse, if MZA is re-signed...not exactly ideal.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If JAM has designs on making the NHL next year, not sure why he would sign with this team. He'd basically be in the MZA position, or worse, if MZA is re-signed...not exactly ideal.
Yea, i I were him I'd go elsewhere. He can spend another season with the Whale, and MAYBE be a short term injury replacement... or he can go to a team like the Isles, and have a good shot to win a spot outright, and is almost assured NHL playing time at some point.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

If you can play in the NHL, they will make room for you. Think of Richter coming up when we already had VBK. Think of Langdon when we already had Kocur. Think of McDonagh when his spot was already taken by Rosie. Think of Hagelin when his spot was taken by Wolski.

If JAM plays quality hockey, Boyle or Anisimov will shift to the wing, and eventually get traded to give JAM a spot.

The only players who benefit from going to poor teams are borderline guys. But if you are 21, you are not best served playing minor minutes on a terrible squad. It is better to dominate the AHL 20+ minutes a game.

Assuming JAM improves next year, as a 20 year old rookie should, he will get his chance to oday in the NHL. What he does with it is entirely up to him.

Last edited by Beacon: 05-05-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old
05-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If you can play in the NHL, they will make room for you. Think of Richter coming up when we already had VBK. Think of Langdon when we already had Kocur. Think of McDonagh when his spot was already taken by Rosie. Think of Hagelin when his spot was taken by Wolski.

If JAM plays quality hockey, Boyle or Anisimov will shift to the wing, and eventually get traded to give JAM a spot.

The only players who benefit from going to poor teams are borderline guys. But if you are 21, you are not best served playing minor minutes on a terrible squad. It is better to dominate the AHL 20+ minutes a game.

Among JAM improves next year, as a 20 year old rookie should, he will get his chance to oday in the NHL. What he does with it is entirely up to him.
Completely disagree... I you are a uture stud, or clear upgrade, then sure. PA Parenteau is looking at a nice contract right now ater playing with Tavares or 2 years. Do you think he ever gets the ice time or points in the NHL with this team? Hell no.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Completely disagree... I you are a uture stud, or clear upgrade, then sure. PA Parenteau is looking at a nice contract right now ater playing with Tavares or 2 years. Do you think he ever gets the ice time or points in the NHL with this team? Hell no.
Parenteau was given up by Hawks Ducks and Rangers and is 27 years old...big difference

Old
05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Maybe he likes the organization? Maybe he wants to stay with the guys who gave him a shot? There's a lot of factors. If he can play he'll get his chances. I hope he sticks around and I hope he eventually gets a serious look from the NHL club.

Old
05-04-2012, 03:24 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I don't understand why we as the Rangers fans continue to pick on Parenteau. Yes he has benefitted from playing with Tavares, but it doesn't mean that he's a marginal player as it's often being suggested here. During this year he was shifted to the second line and he continued to produce there. He is a plenty talented offensive playmaker and his next contract is going to reflect that. I'll say good for him and move on.

Old
05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

He wanted an amateur contract so he could prove to the team that he could earn a professional contract. Doesn't strike me as the type who is suddenly going to jump ship. Especially because he's on a team that has shown a that they are more than willing to give young kids a shot if they can earn it.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He wanted an amateur contract so he could prove to the team that he could earn a professional contract. Doesn't strike me as the type who is suddenly going to jump ship. Especially because he's on a team that has shown a that they are more than willing to give young kids a shot if they can earn it.

Like I said before, there's no reason to believe the Rangers won't make room for JAM if he's capable of playing in the NHL. They've done that in the past, especially in recent years. They don't have the second-youngest group of skaters for stiffing the capable young guys (Lundqvist and especially Biron drags the overall average team age up).

If JAM can play, then Anisimov can be moved to the wing or traded.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
E Nixson