HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 5. Washington Capitals @ Boston Bruins. 3pm. TD Garden. 4.21.2012

Old
04-22-2012, 12:21 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
The same people who are crediting Hunter are the ones who want the guy who is providing all his offense off the team.

Go figure.
I think most of the group you're talking about want both of them gone at the end of the season. For the time being I'm not going to trash what's working. Don't take that as an endorsement of anything. We're 13 wins away from even starting that conversation.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:24 AM
artilector

Quote:
The same people who are crediting Hunter are the ones who want the guy who is providing all his offense off the team.

Go figure.
Who -- you mean Semin?

Look, I want Semin to be re-signed, but I think concerns about him are still legitimate overall. He's still batting about .500 as far as being great/invisible in any given series, so one can understand people willing to sacrifice some skill for some more proven consistency. Especially if the Caps will need to shell out 6.5m over multiple years to keep him. And to be fair, I think having a strong series against a tough team is winning him lots of support. EroCaps may not be on board, but what are you gonna do, lol.

I do notice though that for a lot of teams on the brink/eliminated, fans are complaining about either not having enough pure snipers on the roster (e.g. Detroit), or about their top-6 guys not bringing the offense (everybody who's down in a series, lol). So that kind of gives you perspective that true offensive consistency in playoffs is perhaps too much to ask for unless you're talking about "generational" players. For every 7m player that's not scoring, there seems to be a team pining for that kind of guy.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:34 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

I'm very happy to see Semin scoring fairly regularly in close checking playoff hockey games. The latest one was one of those mucker-type goals. Progress? I hope so.

His natural talents are a lot of fun to watch.

04-22-2012, 12:40 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:

Go figure.
Beagle!?

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:28 AM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
give me a full line of Beagles!!!

Or maybe just this:

kicksavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:15 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
RandyHolt?

Yes, yes I am tired because of my TOI.

Time Over Intoxicated.

We may be able to catch him with moments of fatigue. I want to see Ovi put out on the back half of his shifts, try and have Ovi finish them off.

I think our 4th line specifically Knuble and Ward on the boards did good work. Aucoin had a good take away and helped that line. But he is MUCH better suited to be a center than a winger.

It seems we are getting contributions from all 4 lines.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote