HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[van/nyr]

Old
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM
CAPiTA

vCash: 500
[van/nyr]

To Van:
Derek Stepan
Either of:
Michael Del Zotto
Ryan McDonagh

To NYR:
Ryan Kesler
Chris Tanev
1st

CAPiTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPiTA View Post
To Van:
Derek Stepan
Either of:
Michael Del Zotto
Ryan McDonagh

To NYR:
Ryan Kesler
Chris Tanev
1st
Id give you del zotto in that deal and run away with it..

Mcdonagh is going nowhere unless for an uber talent such as Malkin Stamkos

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Rangers pass. McDonagh and Del Zotto are too important to the future of our blue line to trade them.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Nucks N Canes

Please no... all nucks fans stop including Kesler and Tanev in every trade to make our team worse.

Thanks

First of all Tanev is looking like a future solid top 4 and second of all Kesler is our second -line. One-line teams usually barely make it to playoffs. And no Booth, Raymond, Stepan don't qualify as a second-line...

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPiTA View Post
To Van:
Derek Stepan
Either of:
Michael Del Zotto
Ryan McDonagh

To NYR:
Ryan Kesler
Chris Tanev
1st
No. Take out Tanev.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Nucks N Canes

MDZ would immediately become the new whipping boy in Vancouver, it'd be him, Lu, and Kassian all year long getting whipped.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Counter...

TO VAN
Stepan
Del Zotto

TO NYR
Kesler

That's the type of deal Vancouver will be looking for if Kesler is moved. It's a steep price, it makes NYR better now, but it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Counter...

TO VAN
Stepan
Del Zotto

TO NYR
Kesler

That's the type of deal Vancouver will be looking for if Kesler is moved. It's a steep price, it makes NYR better now, but it's a bitter pill to swallow.
Highly debatable whether that deal makes the Rangers better right now. Giving up our best puck moving defensemen so we can upgrade our #2 center seems a little counter intuitive. Especially when you consider our #2 center is a 2nd year player who improved his point totals and became a fixture on our PK.

Old
04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Counter...

TO VAN
Stepan
Del Zotto

TO NYR
Kesler

You're seriously undervaluing both Stepan and Del Zotto .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Highly debatable whether that deal makes the Rangers better right now. Giving up our best puck moving defensemen so we can upgrade our #2 center seems a little counter intuitive. Especially when you consider our #2 center is a 2nd year player who improved his point totals and became a fixture on our PK.
It wouldn't be a deal you'd want to make mid-season, but if you feel you can snag another top 4 defender via free agency then it's something worth considering. Kesler didn't have the best season, but he's likely to rebound. Having a Selke calibur centerman on your 2nd line would play beautifully into the style of hockey New York plays. Just my thought, I don't watch a ton of the Rangers so perhaps you'd disagree. Nevertheless, I doubt Kesler is moved for much less realistically.

Old
04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Good luck trying to get Del Zotto when the Rangers didn't even want to give him up in a deal involving Nash.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
You're seriously undervaluing both Stepan and Del Zotto .
No I'm not. They're both great young players, but this is the kind of deal it takes to get an established player like Kesler. Think of the Carter deal, that's the type of value we'd be looking for. Many would argue that Kesler's value is higher than Carter's (better contract, higher intensity, better intangibles) but even if we exclude that, consider what he was traded for...

Voracek = Stepan: Both young players with a couple of seasons in the 50 pt range

Couturier (8th overall) = Del Zotto: This ones not so clear cut. Del Zotto is more established than a raw draft pick, but that 8th overall pick was in a deep draft year where it was determined that the top 8 would certainly be impact players.

Anyways, I'm not saying the Rangers should jump on this. I'm saying this is the kind of shake up we'd be looking for. Anything less and we hang out to Kesler, atleast that's the way I feel.

Old
04-23-2012, 02:47 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
It wouldn't be a deal you'd want to make mid-season, but if you feel you can snag another top 4 defender via free agency then it's something worth considering. Kesler didn't have the best season, but he's likely to rebound. Having a Selke calibur centerman on your 2nd line would play beautifully into the style of hockey New York plays. Just my thought, I don't watch a ton of the Rangers so perhaps you'd disagree. Nevertheless, I doubt Kesler is moved for much less realistically.
There's other threads where canucks fans seem intrigued by the package of: Staal + Stepan and Dubinsky/1st for Kesler and Edler. I rather go with that.

On a more realistic thought. I think the Rangers will sign Parise and then trade Dubinsky for capreasons or offer a package of players including Dubi for Nash.

I don't see Canucks and Rangers doing a blockbuster deal IMO.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
We don't really have the cap after the proposed deal to acquire that type of defensemen in free agency. Not to say any are truly available to begin with outside of Suter.

I'm a big fan of Kesler and you're correct that he plays the type of game that the Rangers do. However, this deal would rely on a lot of outlying factors in order to improve the team immediately as you said.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Would Staal be available?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Depends. Would Edler be available?

Old
04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Hard to say for sure, but I'd imagine he could be had before McDonagh or Del Zotto.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Hard to say for sure, but I'd imagine he could be had before McDonagh or Del Zotto.
Thats was my thinking as well. I was just wondering if he would be more likely traded than MDZ or McDonagh.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Thats was my thinking as well. I was just wondering if he would be more likely traded than MDZ or McDonagh.
That seems to be the general thinking among Ranger fans, but nobody knows for sure. Staal's name hasn't come up in trade discussions before. McDonagh appears to have the offensive ceiling that Staal does not, all while being just as effective in a shutdown capacity. Del Zotto obviously brings offensive prowess that we lack with the rest of our defense.

The real wild card is McIlrath. If he can solidify himself as a top-4 guy to be paired with Del Zotto, I think Staal is the odd-man out.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
That seems to be the general thinking among Ranger fans, but nobody knows for sure. Staal's name hasn't come up in trade discussions before. McDonagh appears to have the offensive ceiling that Staal does not, all while being just as effective in a shutdown capacity. Del Zotto obviously brings offensive prowess that we lack with the rest of our defense.

The real wild card is McIlrath. If he can solidify himself as a top-4 guy to be paired with Del Zotto, I think Staal is the odd-man out.
This.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:20 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

Agreed.

Can't see the Rangers moving Staal unless a cheaper alternative with a comparable skill set becomes available or one of Erixon or McIlrath pay immediate dividends and show they can handle top-4 minutes and responsibilities.

Kesler is a player that I do like a lot, however.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
No I'm not. They're both great young players, but this is the kind of deal it takes to get an established player like Kesler. Think of the Carter deal, that's the type of value we'd be looking for. Many would argue that Kesler's value is higher than Carter's (better contract, higher intensity, better intangibles) but even if we exclude that, consider what he was traded for...

Voracek = Stepan: Both young players with a couple of seasons in the 50 pt range

Couturier (8th overall) = Del Zotto: This ones not so clear cut. Del Zotto is more established than a raw draft pick, but that 8th overall pick was in a deep draft year where it was determined that the top 8 would certainly be impact players.

Anyways, I'm not saying the Rangers should jump on this. I'm saying this is the kind of shake up we'd be looking for. Anything less and we hang out to Kesler, atleast that's the way I feel.
Kesler is not Carter and CBJ grossly overpaid on that trade.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Kesler is not Carter and CBJ grossly overpaid on that trade.
They are both one time 40 goal scorers. Carter is younger, and signed to a long deal (which make him LESS valuable according to Luongo haters) and Kesler has a Selke to his name. If anything, Kesler should be more valuable.

For the record, I thought L.A. overpaid more then Columbus did, given his off year though.

As for the OP's offer, if we keep Tanev, I'd do it. Del Zotto definately, McDonagh probably, Staal probably still. I'd be willing to include another prospect, but Tanev is still very useful to us to include, even for a clear cut upgrade.

I like the concept, it could help both sides, but to be honest, any of these trades have only slightly better odds then an exchange of packages including the Sedins and Luongo for Richards, Lundquist and Gaborik.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
They are both one time 40 goal scorers. Carter is younger, and signed to a long deal (which make him LESS valuable according to Luongo haters) and Kesler has a Selke to his name. If anything, Kesler should be more valuable.

For the record, I thought L.A. overpaid more then Columbus did, given his off year though.

As for the OP's offer, if we keep Tanev, I'd do it. Del Zotto definately, McDonagh probably, Staal probably still. I'd be willing to include another prospect, but Tanev is still very useful to us to include, even for a clear cut upgrade.

I like the concept, it could help both sides, but to be honest, any of these trades have only slightly better odds then an exchange of packages including the Sedins and Luongo for Richards, Lundquist and Gaborik.

Yeah we're gonna trade our 22 year old top pairing defenseman. He has been our best d-man on the team that has the 3rd lowest GAA in NHL. He also increased his point totals big time without PP time basically.

All this while going into his sophmore year with 40 NHL games under his belt. Yeah, Tanev isn't enough. Sorry to break it to you.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
There's other threads where canucks fans seem intrigued by the package of: Staal + Stepan and Dubinsky/1st for Kesler and Edler. I rather go with that.

On a more realistic thought. I think the Rangers will sign Parise and then trade Dubinsky for capreasons or offer a package of players including Dubi for Nash.

I don't see Canucks and Rangers doing a blockbuster deal IMO.
I've been following that thread as well, a part of me likes it but I don't think it's realistic. Before Staal was injured, I'd consider him and Edler essentially a wash. I have no idea why Staal's offensive numbers dropped off the charts after his injury, maybe you could enlighten me. Even if we do assume that they cancel out, I'm not sure Kesler for Stepan and Dubinsky really helps us. There are a lot of angry irrationale Canuck fans out there right now, while this seems like a great idea to them I doubt our management will be so trigger happy.