HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Kostitsyn brother do you miss more?

View Poll Results: Which Kostitsyn would you want back?
Sergei 99 43.61%
Andrei 128 56.39%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
icerocket

vCash: 500
Looks like I was right.

And the same people who were defending AK actually want the Habs to resign him?

Come on...

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Looks like I was right.

And the same people who were defending AK actually want the Habs to resign him?

Come on...
So the whole series was lost because of the Kostitsyn brothers?

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
So the whole series was lost because of the Kostitsyn brothers?
No compete, soft, break curfew, team losses every match that AK played in this series.

Rest my case.

But please go argue that the Habs should resign him.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
No compete, soft, break curfew, team losses every match that AK played in this series.

Rest my case.

So because he has "no compete, soft, break curfew, team losses every match" that was the direct and inarguable reason for the Predators downfall? Even though he was one of their leading scorers? Even though there are 20 other players and a bunch of coaches that need to pull their weight too? Even though Mike Smith was playing out of his mind? Even though Tippet is a great coach? It's still all on Andrei?

I kind of do hope we re-sign him. Watching all you guys throw a hissy fit will be well worth whatever "damage" he does while here.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
BJCOLLINS

on the bright side.....Dustin Brown is doing well.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:05 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
on the bright side.....Dustin Brown is doing well.
Dustin <3

Old
05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Rest my case.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
I don't think there's any chance that AK comes back even though we need a player like him. The organization turned the page and I don't think that Bergevin would want to bring him back. I'm sure he would like another top-6 player on his team but I guess he'll find one elsewhere.

I'm curious to see if AK will be signed by the Preds this summer. I'm not sure how big of an issue that whole curfew thing really is for them but I guess there's a possibility him and Radu could leave for Russia right?
A player like him? You mean a turnover machine who has no lateral movement, urgency and cannot win a puck battle? Has no footwork in order to get off his shot? Makes easy hits after the play has moved up ice, but never goes in tough areas to win the puck? And he'll probably want 4mil..

What a joke.

Use the money on a Canadian and we might win something one of these years.

Maybe the only thing Gauthier did right.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:43 PM
BJCOLLINS

Mike Richards wow there's a heart an soul kind of mentor for AK

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
FranksterQc

Quote:
So because he has "no compete, soft, break curfew, team losses every match" that was the direct and inarguable reason for the Predators downfall? Even though he was one of their leading scorers? Even though there are 20 other players and a bunch of coaches that need to pull their weight too? Even though Mike Smith was playing out of his mind? Even though Tippet is a great coach? It's still all on Andrei?

I kind of do hope we re-sign him. Watching all you guys throw a hissy fit will be well worth whatever "damage" he does while here.
He was no compete, soft and broke curfew in the second round of the stanley cup playoffs, that says a lot about his character.

Does this make the pred's loss his fault? Of course not, however he was part of the problem, not the solution. Would anyone on the habs say Eric Cole was part of the problem this year?

Personnally I wish him well and can see how gifted he is but unfortunately its going to waste right now.

FranksterQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
A player like him? You mean a turnover machine who has no lateral movement, urgency and cannot win a puck battle? Has no footwork in order to get off his shot? Makes easy hits after the play has moved up ice, but never goes in tough areas to win the puck? And he'll probably want 4mil..

What a joke.

Use the money on a Canadian and we might win something one of these years.

Maybe the only thing Gauthier did right.
Yes, a player like him. A big body that can easily pot 20 goals if given a decent amount of PT, who's defensive game got better in the past few years. Try and play him with another scoring threat if you want him to release his shot.

What's your opinion on that good Canadian kid Bourque we got last year? He's basically AK without the flashes of greatness. I guess that's the kind of player you want to go to war with since he's Canadian?

Bottomline is we won't have a better player on our 2nd line come next september unless we have some secret weapons somewhere that I'm not aware of.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Miller Time

if we don't manage anything "exciting" at the draft or early in UFA, i'd definitely take him back in the 3.5M$ range on a short term (1-2 yrs) deal (assuming he doesn't get bigger offers elsewhere, which he certainly might).

if healthy, he's good for 20+ goals/40+pts, that's production we sorely could use in our top-9. Plus, he's had good chemistry with both Eller/Pleks in the past, so if were going to gamble on a short term UFA "fix" to help our scoring depth, might as well go with the "devil we know".

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksterQc View Post
He was no compete, soft and broke curfew in the second round of the stanley cup playoffs, that says a lot about his character.

Does this make the pred's loss his fault? Of course not, however he was part of the problem, not the solution. Would anyone on the habs say Eric Cole was part of the problem this year?

Personnally I wish him well and can see how gifted he is but unfortunately its going to waste right now.
I'm definitely not denying he has his faults. I'm just ridiculing people here trying to act like they were "right all along" about all the baseless rumours, and put the blame for the loss squarely on his shoulders.

He's obviously no <3 <3 <3 Dustin Brown <3 <3 <3 but some people are trying to argue we'd be better off with Dustin Penner, who wastes his tools even more-so than Andrei. And what about Bourque? If we could swap Andrei for Bourque straight up I'd do it 10 times out of 10.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:03 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm definitely not denying he has his faults. I'm just ridiculing people here trying to act like they were "right all along" about all the baseless rumours, and put the blame for the loss squarely on his shoulders.

He's obviously no <3 <3 <3 Dustin Brown <3 <3 <3 but some people are trying to argue we'd be better off with Dustin Penner, who wastes his tools even more-so than Andrei. And what about Bourque? If we could swap Andrei for Bourque straight up I'd do it 10 times out of 10.
I wouldn't swap AK for RB I would leave AK and send RB to the minors and use the money on something much better.

Also just in response to your Suter and Weber question they both put themselves ahead of the team the difference between those 2 and AK they play hard every night every shift and all season long unlike AK.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:24 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I wouldn't swap AK for RB I would leave AK and send RB to the minors and use the money on something much better.

Also just in response to your Suter and Weber question they both put themselves ahead of the team the difference between those 2 and AK they play hard every night every shift and all season long unlike AK.
Throwing every player with an unfavorable contract into the minors is a bad idea and shows that you're out of touch. The Rangers got away with it with Redden because he was just truly awful and not even close to being worth what he was being paid. Bourque and Andrei are pretty close to fair market value for what they bring. You're basically saying you'll send players to the minors for not scoring 40 goals a season. Who would want to sign to a team with that kind of policy?

What a lot of people consider "not playing hard" could easily be AK hitting his ceiling, which isn't really his fault. Sometimes his play leaves something to be desired, but like I said, he scores and hits, so it's not all bad. When people finally stop pining for him to be on par with some of his fellow '03 draftees, you'll see why some people think he has a place on this team.

Last edited by WeeBey: 05-08-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Et le But

Yeah, it's the Kostitsyn brothers fault that Nashville lost the series.

..are you people serious?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
I don't think there's any chance that AK comes back even though we need a player like him. The organization turned the page and I don't think that Bergevin would want to bring him back. I'm sure he would like another top-6 player on his team but I guess he'll find one elsewhere.

I'm curious to see if AK will be signed by the Preds this summer. I'm not sure how big of an issue that whole curfew thing really is for them but I guess there's a possibility him and Radu could leave for Russia right?
The nameplate on the GM's office door is Marc Bergevin, not Pierre Gauthier, so what do you mean by, "The organization turned the page." Also keep in mind that AKost is a UFA and the Habs could sign him without having to compensate the Preds. So what do you mean by another top-6 player?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The nameplate on the GM's office door is Marc Bergevin, not Pierre Gauthier, so what do you mean by, "The organization turned the page." Also keep in mind that AKost is a UFA and the Habs could sign him without having to compensate the Preds. So what do you mean by another top-6 player?
It may be a different GM with a different approach but it's just my personal opinion that he doesn't seem to be a guy that would bring a player like AK back to Montreal. I'm sure he'll make some better decisions than Goats (hard to do worse) but I see him as a guy who will want to please the fans and start adding more pieces that fit the "de chez nous" mold.

By another top-6 player I mean someone else than AK because I just don't see him signing with Montreal this summer so he'll have to look elsewhere (UFA or via trade). Unless, of course, Bourque proves that he's the guy.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:24 AM
LeMAD

Good news for AK's fans: we'll probably be able to sign him for not much more than the league minimum.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Good news for AK's fans: we'll probably be able to sign him for not much more than the league minimum.
I'm going to guess he can get so much more than that from the KHL that we will still have to do a little bit better. But we desperately need help on the wings, and the supply out there isn't that great. If we could get him back for $2M per, I'd take him.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:25 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Imagine if we had of gotten Nashvilles 1st next year for AK......

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:37 AM
The Doors

Bourque/Moen - Eller - A. Kostitsyn as a third line would be fine by me.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Imagine if we had of gotten Nashvilles 1st next year for AK......
Gauthier...

Buffalo are getting that 1st for ****ing Gaustad !!!!

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Bourque/Moen - Eller - A. Kostitsyn as a third line would be fine by me.
+ Gill on D.... and we're set !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yeah, it's the Kostitsyn brothers fault that Nashville lost the series.

..are you people serious?
Well, AK and Radulov were morons and certainly didn't help. Dumb move on the part of both guys.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote