HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko Discussion Thread (III) -- NHL bound (Filed with NHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
This is a great example of making your true feelings on the matter known and thus eroding your position. You know.....just like the coach did.

All right then, good talk buddeh. Now run along and get your ****ing shinebox.
Will do. Good discussion none the less..

Old
05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Guys, I think it's been explained that the translation of the NT coach saying Tarasenko was out of shape was incorrect. It was a bad translation. From what I understand, he more meant that he didn't conform to the style of game he wanted to play and that there was no fit for him on the team, especially when Ovie & Semin were added.

As for Tarasenko simply not earning a spot vs. him completely being blackballed, I suspect that the truth is somewhere in-between.
You can tell from the rest of his comments that he is clearly talking about physical condition and not "form" as in he wasn't playing well. If it was his playing form, he wouldn't have needed to elaborate on Tarasenko's lack of maturity, which is what he did. He said he "came in such a condition" and while that's an English translation, he's not talking about how he performed once he arrived, he's talking about how he showed up. Which can only go to physical condition. How do you know how someone is playing before they show up?

Also, not responsive to your post, I watched one of the international tournaments Tarasenko played in this year. It was the one in November where he was battling the flu. He didn't get much ice time but was dangerous creating chances about every other shift. (I commented on it at the time, either in Tarasenko I or Tarasenko II.) Radulov was the dominant player and wound up in one of the games taking about five shootout attempts. There's zero doubt Tarasenko's capable of playing well at that level.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Homeboy look fat. He bulk up the wrong way?
I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat. He's got a weight problem. What's he gonna do, he's Russian.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimoodia View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat. He's got a weight problem. What's he gonna do, he's Russian.
Even through this thread has degenerated into a pile of ****, I still appreciate the Pulp Fiction reference.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
You can tell from the rest of his comments that he is clearly talking about physical condition and not "form" as in he wasn't playing well. If it was his playing form, he wouldn't have needed to elaborate on Tarasenko's lack of maturity, which is what he did. He said he "came in such a condition" and while that's an English translation, he's not talking about how he performed once he arrived, he's talking about how he showed up. Which can only go to physical condition. How do you know how someone is playing before they show up?

Also, not responsive to your post, I watched one of the international tournaments Tarasenko played in this year. It was the one in November where he was battling the flu. He didn't get much ice time but was dangerous creating chances about every other shift. (I commented on it at the time, either in Tarasenko I or Tarasenko II.) Radulov was the dominant player and wound up in one of the games taking about five shootout attempts. There's zero doubt Tarasenko's capable of playing well at that level.
I can only go by what those who speak Russian tell me - that the original translation wasn't quite right. I see your point though.

In the grand scheme of things though, I don't think it really matters. I expect the same end result as I did a month ago - that Tarasenko will sign with the Blues in late May/early June.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Hanji

Quote:

im ok at Russian. He uses the word form, but it can have 2 meanings: 1. fitness; or 2. level of play. Fitness isn't discussed later on but rather his overall level (уровень). I'm no expert, but I'm positive he saying Vlad wasn't prepared for such a high level of play.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanji View Post
im ok at Russian. He uses the word form, but it can have 2 meanings: 1. fitness; or 2. level of play. Fitness isn't discussed later on but rather his overall level (уровень). I'm no expert, but I'm positive he saying Vlad wasn't prepared for such a high level of play.
Which he credited to his "attitude" and maturity level that he brought even before arrival. He is clearly talking about how he wasn't prepared when he showed up to WC camp. Saying I don't want to rip his attitude BUT he let's just say has a lot to learn is ripping a guy's attitude/maturity, in public. When you do that in public you have an agenda. Given that it would be physically impossible to pack on so much muscle in the few days between the end of the KHL playoff season and WC camp that it would affect his performance, and that everyone around Tarasenko says he's one of the most diligent, in-shape athletes, what it boils down to is a coach publicly saying this kid isn't good enough to play and it's because of his attitude. Gee, what else is going on with Tarasenko just at this moment?

Old
05-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Hanji

Quote:
Which he credited to his "attitude" and maturity level that he brought even before arrival. He is clearly talking about how he wasn't prepared when he showed up to WC camp. Saying I don't want to rip his attitude BUT he let's just say has a lot to learn is ripping a guy's attitude/maturity, in public. When you do that in public you have an agenda. Given that it would be physically impossible to pack on so much muscle in the few days between the end of the KHL playoff season and WC camp that it would affect his performance, and that everyone around Tarasenko says he's one of the most diligent, in-shape athletes, what it boils down to is a coach publicly saying this kid isn't good enough to play and it's because of his attitude. Gee, what else is going on with Tarasenko just at this moment?
Yikes! Mellow out there champ. How do you know what he's clearly talking about? You don't know Russian. He's saying it strongly but nothing out of the ordinary. He says nothing about attitude. The coach seems very disappointed Vlad wasn't ready to play at such a high level and the worlds are a notch above anything he's used to but its a good lesson for him to take away from. Nothing about fitness.
I have no horse in this race. Im just translating for you. I'll take my services elsewhere if you're gonna get hostile. Thanks.

Old
05-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanji View Post
Yikes! Mellow out there champ. How do you know what he's clearly talking about? You don't know Russian. He's saying it strongly but nothing out of the ordinary. He says nothing about attitude. The coach seems very disappointed Vlad wasn't ready to play at such a high level and the worlds are a notch above anything he's used to but its a good lesson for him to take away from. Nothing about fitness.
I have no horse in this race. Im just translating for you. I'll take my services elsewhere if you're gonna get hostile. Thanks.
I think most here appreciate the translation. Some people just take things too personally.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:17 PM
CarvinSigX

ROFL...I think P9 just typed his masterpiece!

Old
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Doesnt look fat too me.
And how about that photo?

Old
05-16-2012, 12:27 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steap View Post
And how about that photo?
Shades of Cuba Gooding, Jr & Erik Johnson

On Point,

I think that the Russian coache's word are being misinterpreted. I do not believe he was mentioning his physical conditioning, I believe he was mentioning his style of play did not fit this edition of team russia.

PS, when was that photo taken?

Old
05-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
April 20th I think.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/ker...ubric/1952605/ - here, a blog that has a lot of photos, tagged "Tarasenko".

Old
05-16-2012, 06:02 AM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDEuph View Post
Shades of Cuba Gooding, Jr & Erik Johnson

On Point,

I think that the Russian coache's word are being misinterpreted. I do not believe he was mentioning his physical conditioning, I believe he was mentioning his style of play did not fit this edition of team russia.

PS, when was that photo taken?
I've got this photo from Vlad's VKontakte page: http://vk.com/vladimirtarasenko

Old
05-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Link to Russian article about Tarasenko not getting a WC roster spot

Don't know how reputable this publication is, but they support the 'politics' claim.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
He certainly doesn't look like he's in as good of shape as he could be, but there are pictures on there dating back to when he was playing for Sibir and averaging a PPG on the top line. If he can put up those kind of numbers without being at his peak physically(he's not "out of shape", just not as physically fit as he could be), then I'd really like to see what he can do when he is in top physical condition(assuming he ever gets motivated enough to do it).

Old
05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Really no way to tell how in shape someone is by looking at a pic they are wearing baggy clothes in. The cut of the clothes the sizing ect all make a huge difference. Also in general most hockey players are not in body builder style shape.

I personally am a very broad shouldered person so I have to wear XXL shirts and they in general are cut for heavier people and give me a boxy look. When I wear shirts that are cut in an athletic cut you can tell I am in shape. Someone wearing baggy clothes there is no way to tell how in shape they are.

Also a guy with a huge gut can actually have much better cardio then a guy with a six pack. Just by looking at someone you can never really tell how their strength and conditioning are.

Old
05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He certainly doesn't look like he's in as good of shape as he could be, but there are pictures on there dating back to when he was playing for Sibir and averaging a PPG on the top line. If he can put up those kind of numbers without being at his peak physically(he's not "out of shape", just not as physically fit as he could be), then I'd really like to see what he can do when he is in top physical condition(assuming he ever gets motivated enough to do it).
Which pictures lead you to believe that he's not in as good physical shape as he could be? Not to mention, judging from everything that's ever been said about Tarasenko, and the speculation that he'd already started "bulking up" for the rigors of the NHL, I doubt that motivation would be a reason why he'd be not in top physical form(if that's even true).

Old
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
CarvinSigX

http://m.vk.com/photo105167659_27411...hotos105167659

Doesn't look out of shape to me. Looks like he's built pretty well and still has an hour glass shape. His nickname is the tank...

Old
05-16-2012, 02:49 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Really no way to tell how in shape someone is by looking at a pic they are wearing baggy clothes in. The cut of the clothes the sizing ect all make a huge difference. Also in general most hockey players are not in body builder style shape.

I personally am a very broad shouldered person so I have to wear XXL shirts and they in general are cut for heavier people and give me a boxy look. When I wear shirts that are cut in an athletic cut you can tell I am in shape. Someone wearing baggy clothes there is no way to tell how in shape they are.

Also a guy with a huge gut can actually have much better cardio then a guy with a six pack. Just by looking at someone you can never really tell how their strength and conditioning are.
This. I'm the same way if I wear a baggy T-shirt I look like I gained 20+ lbs. BTW doesn't this same thing happen to Ovechkin every summer???...They come out with these photos claiming he's "fat" and then he shows up to training camp literally in perfect shape.

Maybe this is just another sign that the tank is on his way.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Fulcrum

To me it sounds like the Coach IS talking about his conditioning. But in a way that, meanwhile his conditioning good - it's not world class standard, and not on the same level as that of Malkin, or even Perezhogin and Popov. He's trying to say that if Tarasenko wants to be playing for Team Russia (stacked team, not just any team)- he needs to raise his level even further.

Saying out of shape and saying not good enough for team Russia is 2 completely different things. He has to beat out Perezhogin, Kuznetsov, Semin and Zherdev. All of whom have looked better than Tarasenko. And perhaps had Tarasenko showed up in SUPERB shape, he would've gotten the spot- that's how close it is.

If Tarasenko takes it the right way, next time he can be in camp in absolutely amazing shape and kick Malkin's ass in practice with intensity. And that is what's expected of the young guys.

Watching pre WC games, he certainly did not look outstanding physically speaking, and definatelly not statistecally.

Last edited by Fulcrum: 05-16-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 03:41 PM
CarvinSigX

Wait...You're saying he didn't look good in the playoffs when he was getting around 10-12 minutes a game? Okay...

Old
05-16-2012, 06:29 PM
ChicagoBlues

C'mon Vulva!! Just announce already!!

Old
05-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Doesn't look out of shape to me. Looks like he's built pretty well and still has an hour glass shape. His nickname is the tank...
That picture is from December.
Here Vova is at May 1st alongside Zherdev and Burdasov:

Btw, if he had conditioning problems, it would explain SKA coach not playing him a lot in playoffs...

Old
05-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Ghost Face
Hull of Fame

You know a prospect is highly anticipated when the analyzing of physique in photos begins.

Closed Thread