HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko Discussion Thread (III) -- NHL bound (Filed with NHL)

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcus View Post

Who are these sources???

Bob LeMcdreger.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:12 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I think that The Dutch Republic (during our Gouden Eeuw - 1581) beat the Poles to constitutional republic (in Europe) by more than 200 years. The US Constitution was framed upon that of The Dutch Republic.
You beat me old man!

Such a Dutch-centric Euro Guy.

j/k

That'll be $400 please.

------------------------

And what I meant by "dark period" is the concentration of wealth, anti-labor, voter suppression/election fraud issues. Seems to happen in long cycles.

---

So....Tarasenko.....

Old
06-01-2012, 08:20 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Hearing from my sources that Tarensenko will come to the NHL or stay in Russia. He'll announce his decision sometime before Septemeber.

Stay tuned for more..
That's what I heard!!

Old
06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
sdaltons

more tweets from siberian tiger:

Quote:
Hearing decision to be announced June 2nd or 3rd (Moscow time, US CDT +9 hours). #clingingtohope #91
followed by:

Quote:
Hearing decision not as cut & dry as previously thought; #91 wants Sibir to have his rights, in accordance with documents. #clingingtohope

Old
06-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Dag nabbit, people! This thread is for baseless Tarasenko conjecture, conspiracy theories, pessimism and cynicism, not trade proposals or European history lessons!
True.

I have come to the conclusion that if the announcement comes on an odd day it will be that he is coming over. Even day means he is staying.

So today is a good day!

Old
06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

That second tweet actually sounds more encouraging than anything we've heard recently. Maybe he just wanted to make sure that in the event of a lockout, he would have a contract in Sibir and wouldn't have to go back to being a 4th liner on SKA? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and he's just signing with Sibir....

Old
06-01-2012, 10:11 AM
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
That second tweet actually sounds more encouraging than anything we've heard recently. Maybe he just wanted to make sure that in the event of a lockout, he would have a contract in Sibir and wouldn't have to go back to being a 4th liner on SKA? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and he's just signing with Sibir....
i think you might be on to something and i also wanted to add that i love your username. Matt Morris was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. the only athlete that i ever sought out and bought a game-worn jersey from (well ok it was a gift).

Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
i think you might be on to something and i also wanted to add that i love your username. Matt Morris was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. the only athlete that i ever sought out and bought a game-worn jersey from (well ok it was a gift).
My name is Matt Morris and I grew up obviously idolizing him. Always wear number 35 regardless what sport I'm playing to this day lol.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
If there is a lockout, then we won't see Tarasenko in St. Louis until the 14/15 season. So if he is actually worried about a lockout, then he won't be signing any ELC with the Blues until the new CBA is resolved.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Why would that be the case? Couldn't he sign his ELC, and play there during the lock out and come back when it's over?

Old
06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I think that The Dutch Republic (during our Gouden Eeuw - 1581) beat the Poles to constitutional republic (in Europe) by more than 200 years. The US Constitution was framed upon that of The Dutch Republic.
And the Electoral College is loosely based upon the system by which the Holy Roman Emperors were "elected" by a handful of important princes.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Why would that be the case? Couldn't he sign his ELC, and play there during the lock out and come back when it's over?
He could, but it all comes back to the Olympics. You have to expect he will take a little time to adjust to North American hockey, and why would he risk that in the Olympic year? It would basically kill his chances of making the Russia team.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
He could, but it all comes back to the Olympics. You have to expect he will take a little time to adjust to North American hockey, and why would he risk that in the Olympic year? It would basically kill his chances of making the Russia team.
This is important because he's on the bubble right now. I mean if the olympics were held today he wouldn't make it (same as every other young Russian)...so his development the next 1 1/2 years is crucial.
1. He could stay for 2 years and develop under Bilyaletdinov; or
2. Take his chances in the NHL and hope he wont have difficulty developing and transitioning.....especially considering the BLues are likely to go deep in playoffs (no WC for Tarasenko)

If he does leave for NHL, at least Bilyaletdinov is holding a summer camp for the young NHLers. Maybe he could prove himself there.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
This is important because he's on the bubble right now. I mean if the olympics were held today he wouldn't make it (same as every other young Russian)...so his development the next 1 1/2 years is crucial.
1. He could stay for 2 years and develop under Bilyaletdinov; or
2. Take his chances in the NHL and hope he wont have difficulty developing and transitioning.....especially considering the BLues are likely to go deep in playoffs (no WC for Tarasenko)

If he does leave for NHL, at least Bilyaletdinov is holding a summer camp for the young NHLers. Maybe he could prove himself there.
Are you seriously trying to equate the World Championships to the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Only a European would think that, I guess... no knock on Europeans, but come on... there are no pushovers in the Stanley Cup playoffs, where a #8 seed can be the hottest team on ice right now, and a "one-and-done" playoff cannot compare to the intensity of having to win 16 games against the best players in the world in order to capture the Stanley Cup.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Are you seriously trying to equate the World Championships to the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Only a European would think that, I guess... no knock on Europeans, but come on... there are no pushovers in the Stanley Cup playoffs, where a #8 seed can be the hottest team on ice right now, and a "one-and-done" playoff cannot compare to the intensity of having to win 16 games against the best players in the world in order to capture the Stanley Cup.
No. I'm saying if Tarasenko struggles, or needs extra time to develop/adjust to NA game, the Blues going deep in the playoffs may hinder his olympic chances (because he won't have the opportunity to prove he's still olympic worthy in game situations at WC).

Obviously, olympic camps will happen, but there's a big difference between proving yourself in camp and actual high level games.....and the competition for roster spots will be fierce for Sochi.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
No. I'm saying if Tarasenko struggles, or needs extra time to develop/adjust to NA game, the Blues going deep in the playoffs may hinder his olympic chances (because he won't have the opportunity to prove he's still olympic worthy in game situations at WC).

Obviously, olympic camps will happen, but there's a big difference between proving yourself in camp and actual high level games.....and the competition for roster spots will be fierce for Sochi.
So if Tarasenko comes over and plays well for the Blues in the Stanley Cup playoffs, that wouldn't demonstrate to the Russian coaches that "he's still olympic worthy" every bit as much as playing in the World Championships?

Once again,

Old
06-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
So if Tarasenko comes over and plays well for the Blues in the Stanley Cup playoffs, that wouldn't demonstrate to the Russian coaches that "he's still olympic worthy" every bit as much as playing in the World Championships?

Once again,
I think something that is being missed in the discussion here is that some coaches/GMs base their rosters on olympic production. The reason being in my eyes, the coach gets to feel out the the different looks the team can have and see what group has the best chemistry together. Smart coaches IMO don't go with the "best" players, but come to the table with the best sum of parts that give their team a chance to win.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
I think it is THIS! It's all about protection for him should the NHL lockout occur and last a decent portion of the season. I still think there's a LOT more chance that he plays for The Blues in 2012-13. I just can't believe that the two NHL parties will be so short-sighted as to hurt The League's progress again with another lockout. I don't expect it to lose even ONE regular season game.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I think something that is being missed in the discussion here is that some coaches/GMs base their rosters on olympic production. The reason being in my eyes, the coach gets to feel out the the different looks the team can have and see what group has the best chemistry together. Smart coaches IMO don't go with the "best" players, but come to the table with the best sum of parts that give their team a chance to win.
Understood, but this situation, to my mind, sort of reinforces the perception that the Russians are holding the Olympics over the heads of the young Russian guns like T-90.

"Abandon the Russian league," they seem to be saying, "and you can forget about representing your country in the Olympics, no matter how many points you score in the NHL."

I might be wrong, but that's how I see this.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Zine

Quote:
Understood, but this situation, to my mind, sort of reinforces the perception that the Russians are holding the Olympics over the heads of the young Russian guns like T-90.

"Abandon the Russian league," they seem to be saying, "and you can forget about representing your country in the Olympics, no matter how many points you score in the NHL."

I might be wrong, but that's how I see this.
Not at all.

The issue for Tarasenko (and other young Russians) is how well they development before 2014 Sochi.
FACT = There is a HUGE risk factor in heading to the NHL. If Tarasenko takes the NHL by storm, his chances of making olympics improve greatly.....however, he could just as easily have trouble developing/adjusting, which would diminish his chances.

The safest route to making the team is to stay in KHL and develop under the head coach in a role and manner he would be used in the olympics. This isn't a "KHL bias" as much as its common sense.
Celtic Note described it perfectly...Bilyaletdinov is a coach who puts an emphasis on "team strength/chemistry/collectivity etc." much more than individual league performance/numbers/etc.

I'm not saying the NHL would be bad for him, or will eliminate his olympic chances (heck, it could even improve them).....however, there IS a SIGNIFICANT risk factor involved. And for somebody who's #1 priority is olympic participation, its obviously something to consider.

Last edited by Zine: 06-02-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old
06-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

June 2nd... hoping I wake up to a few positive tweets.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
It's done, Tarasenko to the Blues, agent confirms

06-02-2012, 04:30 AM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
It's done, Tarasenko to the Blues, agent confirms
Holy crap. I picked a hell of a time to log on. Any link to something official?

Old
06-02-2012, 04:31 AM
EHCler

Awesome news

Old
06-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Incredible news if true, now here is hoping the cba gets worked out this summer

Closed Thread