HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko Discussion Thread (III) -- NHL bound (Filed with NHL)

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2012, 04:24 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
If Tarasenko were to come over next year. Who do you think would play on a line with him? I don't know much about him other than he's supposed to be the real deal. what players would complement him or would he complement well?

Old
04-24-2012, 04:33 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
If Tarasenko were to come over next year. Who do you think would play on a line with him? I don't know much about him other than he's supposed to be the real deal. what players would complement him or would he complement well?
Personally, I think Berglund and Perron. They are very similar to his linemates Jori Lehterä, and Jonas Enlund who complimented him well while playing for Sibir. Perron has the hands, speed, and playmaking ability. And Berglund has the big body that is good at making room in front of the net. I seriously cannot wait to see that line.

Old
04-24-2012, 04:50 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

If he ends up getting top 6 minutes, I would personally like to see him with McDonald and Berglund.

Honestly, though, I think his game would play well with almost anyone.

Old
04-24-2012, 04:58 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

I agree with you guys. What about perron on left with mcdonald in the middle and him on right. an elite puck handler and passer in perron, elite playmaker and speedster in Mcdonald and a pure two way scorer in tank ( i'm making this assumption on tank purely based on videos and what i've seen other people post about him on this site).

I feel like they could be great together, they all have high hockey and sense and a nose around the net. Then we could go steen backes Oshie as our top six but we honestly play a game where our top nine forwards play for the most part similiar minutes.

Old
04-24-2012, 05:32 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Somewhere back in Tarasenko (II) we discussed where he might look good. Lot of options.

As prelude said, Perron-Berglund-Tarasenko would probably be good. McDonald-Berglund-Tarasenko works also.

You want a mix. Backes, Berglund, Steen, Oshie are the best defensive forwards. They also play the biggest. You can put Steen and Oshie on any line and that line will be more balanced. Definitely capable offensively, totally content to work all night backchecking and take scoring chances as they come.

McDonald's the best playmaker and he's the fastest.

Tarasenko is above average in speed. Not as fast as McDonald but a reasonably fast winger. Think Stewart speed.

He's probably in the to Perron-to-Schwartz range defensively. That's my one concern playing them on the same line, which is alleviated by what I think would be potential dynamic offensive magic with either guy and the reality they'd be with a really good defenive center in either Backes or Berglund, probably Berglund. The idea of Tarasenko and Arnott together makes me nervous defensively.

When Oshie attacks the net using his willingness to drop a shoulder and go right at it, making occasionally brilliant moves through traffic, I see that quality in Tarasenko's game frequently. Tarasenko has a better finish than Oshie too, more like Perron's (and he shoots more often than Perron). Oshie's arguably the best reverse hitter in the league and that's not part of Tarasenko's game but he's not afraid to take a hit to make a play.

His joy reminds me of Perron very much. He will be a fan favorite because he's going to get a few of those highlight reel goals and then get excited like Perron and the home crowd will be into it. Not that that goes into what line he should be on.

Hard to put a third line together having no idea who the center will be. If Tarasenko's on it, I hope it's a guy who's solid defensively but who's capable of getting to the right spot and burying the puck if he plays with a dynamic winger who will create offense. He's likely to have one on both sides of him. Think: a more defensively stout Arnott.

Old
04-24-2012, 05:48 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Yeah honestly we have so much depth that no matter where you put him. You look and go wow this team up and down their roster has a ton of skill when HEALTHY. I wonder how a steen mcdonald and tarasenko line would look or a perron bergy and tarasenko. All I know is i'm very excited for this kid to come over and hopefully put St. Louis on the map nationally. I've heard comparisons of him to Ovechkin from Russia, Hopefully he's better defensively tho

Old
04-24-2012, 06:18 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
Yeah honestly we have so much depth that no matter where you put him. You look and go wow this team up and down their roster has a ton of skill when HEALTHY. I wonder how a steen mcdonald and tarasenko line would look or a perron bergy and tarasenko. All I know is i'm very excited for this kid to come over and hopefully put St. Louis on the map nationally. I've heard comparisons of him to Ovechkin from Russia, Hopefully he's better defensively tho
The Ovechkin comparisons are neither fair nor accurate. That's mainly people comparing early numbers and trying to extrapolate them into the same player. Ovechkin's a couple inches taller and about 35 lbs heavier and it makes a difference that he's that size and can do all the dynamic things he does at high speed. You'll be disappointed if you get an Ovechkin hope in your mind IMO. When you think of Oshie having a really good game maneuvering all over the offensive zone, that's Tarasenko's common offensive game, with a better shot and quicker release. Oshie has him beat on the physical element and the defensive element but that's because Oshie's great at those, not because Tarasenko's bad at them. I like the comparison to Bobby Ryan, though I think Ryan's a little taller and a bit more fluid and powerful skater. Tarasenko's going to need to learn to do what he does at the top level but he's mastered it in the KHL.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:50 AM
h22prelude93

I've said this in the other threads...but I like to think of him as a clone of Alexander Mogilny. The original "Alexander the Great".

Old
04-24-2012, 11:38 AM
ChicagoBlues

I have no clue who should be on a line with Tarasenko.

My best guess is Berglund centering for him and I'm not sure it really matters who the other winger is. Whether it is Perron or someone else will probably be determined by chemistry on other lines.

But perhaps it could go the other way around, meaning the first focus is with whom to line up with Tarasenko and the leftovers get placed accordingly. idk

Old
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
SteenMachine

Nikitin wasn't working out here and there was a lot of communication errors causing it, he ended up in a better situation and so did Russel, none of which is relevant to Tarasekno coming over other than it's one less player for him to share a language with.

I'm not sure if Tarasenko having success with the team will drive the management to desire a "Russian" element to help accommodate him / feel like they can draw those players more easily with a budding native star. Would be interesting to see who could fall into that category in the future.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:10 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Any stat line predictions for next season? I'll say he'll be close to a 20-20-40 type season.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:10 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
My Magic 8 Ball says, "Too soon to tell."

Old
04-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Any stat line predictions for next season? I'll say he'll be close to a 20-20-40 type season.
92 goals.

But no seriously, I could even see 60 points if he fits in right away.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Mac-Berglund-Tarasenko would be fantastic with how well Mac passes the puck, and how well Tarasenko shoots it. Perron on the LW would work fine also. As for stat predictions, I could see him getting reasonably close to the 50 point plateau depending on how much ice time he gets, and with whom he plays.

Old
04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
stlweir

I think the best comparison to the Tank is an Oshie with speed which makes him more of an offensive threat.

Last edited by stlweir: 04-25-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: correction
Old
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

I know its best not to put much stock into the rankings, but I'm curious as to where everyone thinks Tarasenko will end up in HF's top 50? He was 8th last October and many of the prospects ahead of him will probably graduate.

Last edited by wilco5886: 04-24-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: grammar
Old
04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco5886 View Post
I know its not best to put much stock into the rankings, but I'm curious as to where everyone thinks Tarasenko will end up in HF's top 50? He was 8th last October and many of the prospects ahead of him will probably graduate.
A few of the prospects ahead of him will definitely graduate. In fact, every prospect ahead of him on that list has already played in the NHL at some capacity. I actually made a thread a few months back of the Top 10 prospects who haven't yet played in the NHL. Lol, notice I almost immediately get called a homer.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1094073

To answer your question..I would be surprised if Tarasenko isn't at least in the Top 3, especially with recently being named "Prospect of the Year", and frankly I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he takes over the #1 spot either.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
A few of the prospects ahead of him will definitely graduate. In fact, every prospect ahead of him on that list has already played in the NHL at some capacity. I actually made a thread a few months back of the Top 10 prospects who haven't yet played in the NHL. Lol, notice I almost immediately get called a homer.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1094073

To answer your question..I would be surprised if Tarasenko isn't at least in the Top 3, especially with recently being named "Prospect of the Year", and frankly I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he takes over the #1 spot either.
Yea, I knew some would grad, I was just too lazy to look up which have played 65 games. Educated guess: OEL, Schenn, Johansen. Not sure about Nuge-Hop (I know he got injured for a while), Larsson, and Bernier (don't know if game reqs are different for goalies). I doubt Rundblad has, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tarasenko jump him.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Alklha

What should we expect from Tarasenko next season? 30-30-60 is probably fair, depending how quickly he adapts.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco5886 View Post
Yea, I knew some would grad, I was just too lazy to look up which have played 65 games. Educated guess: OEL, Schenn, Johansen. Not sure about Nuge-Hop (I know he got injured for a while), Larsson, and Bernier (don't know if game reqs are different for goalies). I doubt Rundblad has, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tarasenko jump him.
RNH - 63 gm's - Tarasenko prolly won't jump him, but you never know.

Larsson - 65 gm's -Grad

Schenn - 63 gm's - I think he should be pretty easily jumped.

Johansen - 67 gm's - Grad

OEL - 82 gm's - Grad

Bernier- 48 Total Nhl gm's - Grad (The limits 45 gm's for goaltender)

Rundblad - 30 gm's - Like you said, should be jumped.

So really it very well could be between him, and RNH.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Top 3 of RNH, Tarasenko, and Yakupov. Granlund will most likely be right behind them.

I wonder where Schwartz and Rattie fall. We could have 2 top 10 prospects, and 3 in the top 15 or 20.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
What should we expect from Tarasenko next season? 30-30-60 is probably fair, depending how quickly he adapts.
I don't think there's much chance Tarasenko cracks 30 goals his first year, although I suppose anything is possible.

I would be ecstatic if he hits 25-25-50 or better, but expect something in the neighborhood of 20-20-40 if he's getting 3rd line TOI and 2nd PP minutes.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Not saying he can't get that, but I hope fans don't expect that. With our depth, he won't be getting top minutes right away.

I'm expecting 20-20-40, with 25-25-50 being a very real possibility.

Old
04-24-2012, 10:01 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Top 3 of RNH, Tarasenko, and Yakupov. Granlund will most likely be right behind them.

I wonder where Schwartz and Rattie fall. We could have 2 top 10 prospects, and 3 in the top 15 or 20.
Nail Yakupov won't be an official NHL prospect until he's drafted in June. The newest HF Top 50 list is coming out this week(already released 31-50), and we should know who the Top 10 are by this Friday.

BTW Rattie already came in at #48, but I think Schwartz could land somewhere in the Top 10.

Old
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Nail Yakupov won't be an official NHL prospect until he's drafted in June. The newest HF Top 50 list is coming out this week(already released 31-50), and we should know who the Top 10 are by this Friday.

BTW Rattie already came in at #48, but I think Schwartz could land somewhere in the Top 10.
Well I'm predicting the most complete list.

Tarasenko should be #2 IMO.

Closed Thread