HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko Discussion Thread (III) -- NHL bound (Filed with NHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
"Word is he’s feeling significant pressure to stay from several people over there including the President of the KHL. Not to mention his father coach’s (sic) in the KHL. The bottom line is nobody knows what he will do. It’s purely a guess at this point and we’ll have to sit back and wait. Personally I wouldn’t put my money on him leaving before next season but it’s only a gut feeling I’ve received from those who speak directly with him. Word is he’s a very loyal person which might work against the Blues favor, for now anyway."
Did you check his tweet earlier today? He basically just said he doesn't have that much credibility, especially on this issue.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:39 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Did you check his tweet earlier today? He basically just said he doesn't have that much credibility, especially on this issue.
No I don't follow him on Twitter. I don't even read his site but I went back to Tarasenko II thread look at just how long ago he'd written that gem and it was less than 5 weeks ago. There are people that think the disdain for Strickland is unfair, but this is a prime example of why it exists.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:42 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
No I don't follow him on Twitter. I don't even read his site but I went back to Tarasenko II thread look at just how long ago he'd written that gem and it was less than 5 weeks ago. There are people that think the disdain for Strickland is unfair, but this is a prime example of why it exists.
Yeah, I don't follow him either, but just looked him up after the quote you posted, and it pretty much said that Tarasenko has indicated to people around him that he is planning on signing with the Blues. So, according to Khavonov, Tarasenko is likely to sign with the Blues.

I think Strickland is typically pretty good, but when it comes to the Tarasenko situation, he has been just awful.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:20 PM
letsgoblues8

vCash: 500
Is it fairly certain to say his # will be 91? I'd like to get a jersey already in addition to the Sibir one I have.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:29 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoblues8 View Post
Is it fairly certain to say his # will be 91? I'd like to get a jersey already in addition to the Sibir one I have.
Yeah, but I'd wait until it's announced, otherwise we will all blame you for jinxing it.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:34 PM
letsgoblues8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yeah, but I'd wait until it's announced, otherwise we will all blame you for jinxing it.
Haha, we don't want that! I will definitely wait then.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Rumour is, the league is letting him wear #99.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:27 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Russian Jesus needs no number.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Ghost Face
Hull of Fame

His number will be a sickle and a cross.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:47 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Would Nikita Nikitin have been playing for World Championship teams if he hadn't jumped to the NHL? He was supposedly just a solid top-4 defenseman in the KHL. Now he's in the NHL getting all sorts of experience against the best players in the world and now he's a starter for Team Russia at the WCs.

Experience in the NHL makes you stronger for international competition than just staying in the KHL. Obvious reasons.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Den

Quote:
Would Nikita Nikitin have been playing for World Championship teams if he hadn't jumped to the NHL? He was supposedly just a solid top-4 defenseman in the KHL. Now he's in the NHL getting all sorts of experience against the best players in the world and now he's a starter for Team Russia at the WCs.

Experience in the NHL makes you stronger for international competition than just staying in the KHL. Obvious reasons.
Actually, many of us are wondering why Nikitin is playing in the WC ...

Old
05-12-2012, 04:17 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Actually, many of us are wondering why Nikitin is playing in the WC ...
It's probably because he had a pretty strong year in the best league in the world and was available.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Zine

Quote:

I don't see why not.
Before he left, Nikitin had already been called to the NT (Euro tour); and was on a level similar to other 85-87 born d-men like Biryukov, Belov, Ryasensky, etc. who are now WC candidates as well.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

So his NHL development made zero difference. K. (I know I need to get educated on things and stuff.)

Old
05-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Zine

Quote:
So his NHL development made zero difference. K. (I know I need to get educated on things and stuff.)
It hasn't hurt Nikitin...but to what extent he's benefited, who knows?

He's looked no better than Biryukov or Ryasensky (similar aged players he was on equal footing with before he left for NHL).
Actually, I've been more impressed with Biryukov. He's taken Nikitin's spot and relegated him to the 4th pairing.

Last edited by Zine: 05-13-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old
05-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
I heard that Team Russia just added Ovechkin and Semin, which is probably the last nail in the coffin for Tarasenko's WC roster hopes. I wonder if he'll still wait to sign his ELC now?

EDIT: A dude on the Team Russia WC thread claims that Burmistrov and Tarasenko have both gone home, so maybe we'll hear some news sooner than later.

Last edited by Chojin: 05-13-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old
05-13-2012, 01:33 PM
MU_Beerman

Oh boy, bet the asylum will be on suicide watch all week after this...

Old
05-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Fulcrum

Google Translate:

Head coach of Russia Zinetula Bilyaletdinov confirmed that the team to participate in the World Cup in 2012 will join forwards Alexander Ovechkin and Alexander Semin, and explained why the forward Vladimir Tarasenko remained outside of the application for the tournament.

- What's with Vladimir Tarasenko? He spent a week in Stockholm, but did not hit the bid, and in fact considered a rising star. For him, it will be a serious blow.

- This young man still have a lot to learn. And we should understand that the World Cup is a completely different level. And for such a competition [he] should be prepared. Tarasenko was not in shape to participate in matches.

- You are upset?

- I just do not understand what it is connected [to]. I think that for Tarasenko [it] is a good lesson.

- But it was in your hands for nearly three weeks. It was impossible to bring [the] level [up] (fitness)?

- But it's not my job - to pull level [the level up]. He should arrive in the national team prepared. We have tried, of course, but it did not work - quoted Bilyaletdinov "All Sports".

Old
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
CarvinSigX

He's out of shape? LOL...Just keep on trash talking idiot, he's a dominant player and you're mad he's leaving the Motherland.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:01 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

So, in three weeks he got so badly out of shape he couldn't play? Riiiiiiiiight.

Wow they are mad at him for going to the NHL. I know, I know, it CANNOT be politics. There are no agendas with players.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
He's out of shape? LOL...Just keep on trash talking idiot, he's a dominant player and you're mad he's leaving the Motherland.
wow.. you're welcome!

I thought you guys might want to read some news of what THE COACH said, not what I said. Since you can't access Russian media..

whatever... it's the last time I post here. Have fun remaining in the dark

btw- by your Logic, Malkin, Datsyuk, Kulemin, Varlamov, Nikitin and other NHL players would not be playing, if it were some anti-NHL agenda.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:04 PM
CarvinSigX

Complains about Tarasenko's physical shape...Ices Semin and Ovechkin.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:05 PM
BadgersandBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Complains about Tarasenko's physical shape...Ices Semin and Ovechkin.
This.

Old
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
wow.. you're welcome!

I thought you guys might want to read some news of what THE COACH said, not what I said.

I was referring to the coach. lol

Old
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
wow.. you're welcome!

I thought you guys might want to read some news of what THE COACH said, not what I said.

I think he was responding to that coach, not you, FWIW. I appreciated you posting the information.

Closed Thread