HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sabres trading up in the draft

Old
06-07-2012, 11:14 AM
LotteryForLife*

vCash: 500
You can omit the Islanders from this discussion because those two pick would not interest us for #4. We have an abundance of solid prospects, but still need an elite level one which at 4, we are guarenteed

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:19 AM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Do your research before calling it "history of back issues"

It sounds worse than the reality. Fact.
you need yo do some research, at the time the canucks were worried that it was career threatening. so by any standard that is a "history of back issues"

I realize that you as a sabres fan dont like it but it is a fact and it is a concern. any time you play a rough physical sport such as professional hockey, where your body gets Jarred on a repetitive basis, an issue such as that is a concern

:facepalm

down play it all you like but it is part of his medical history and needs to be considered in any proposed transaction, and for the record it was still an issue earlier this year in vancouver, Where it was originally diagnosed as a disc issue, then claimes to be a torn muscle, and then earlier this season as simply soreness. it is a recurrent issue that has popped up since July of 2009,

Whatever it is when it recurs over 3 years time it certainly is a "history of back issues"

:facepalm

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Koto

doesn't get you top-5

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:37 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
I agree with much of what you say. The only subject I take issue with is number 2, improving the team long-term. I don't believe Regier or Ruff have the time. I am under the impression that bringing in Hodgson was a necessary move to help bolster the pivot position. Giving Kassian to do so was a small payment in my opinion. He didn't exactly over or under achieve in his short time within the Sabres organization, at the A level as well as the NHL level.

Regier needs to put it together this season in my opinion. I firmly believe, based on his own comments and his track record since Pegula took over as owner that his marching orders were clear. He's made great strides on the defensive end, both under Pegula as well as stocking the pipeline in the defensive dept.
I believe he utilizes the #12 and #44 pick along with 1 year of Roy to go after that big bodied center. There are quite a few available for that bit of over payment I would imagine.
Agree, for the most part. I think Pegula is, at the very least, expecting a playoff team this year. From his recent comments, he seems to accept, that while everyone says "you should win, injured or not" that injuries to key players will hurt you and cost you games, which happened this year. In terms of points pace while the best 18 skaters were healthy, the Sabres ranked 5th in the east. The Rangers were below us in pace, but had, by far, the healthiest top-18 in the EC.

I do think it's more likely Darcy makes the kind of move your describing than a move up the draft, but I think either is a possibility. It definitely seems like Pegula wants this team to build more around the old core Pommer/Vanek/Miller and win now, than to cut them loose and do a total rebuild. And you're likely right in saying that R & R's tenure here depends on that happening. I don't know what player DR can acquire/who is on the trading block right now for him to go after, but given his track record under Pegula, I'm not really expecting to be able to anticipate his moves. I guess we'll see come draft day.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:59 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Agree, for the most part. I think Pegula is, at the very least, expecting a playoff team this year. From his recent comments, he seems to accept, that while everyone says "you should win, injured or not" that injuries to key players will hurt you and cost you games, which happened this year. In terms of points pace while the best 18 skaters were healthy, the Sabres ranked 5th in the east. The Rangers were below us in pace, but had, by far, the healthiest top-18 in the EC.

I do think it's more likely Darcy makes the kind of move your describing than a move up the draft, but I think either is a possibility. It definitely seems like Pegula wants this team to build more around the old core Pommer/Vanek/Miller and win now, than to cut them loose and do a total rebuild. And you're likely right in saying that R & R's tenure here depends on that happening. I don't know what player DR can acquire/who is on the trading block right now for him to go after, but given his track record under Pegula, I'm not really expecting to be able to anticipate his moves. I guess we'll see come draft day.
Excellent conversation, by far the best I've had on the boards to date.
Thank you kindly.

And yes, we will see on draft day, I find myself unusually excited about this upcoming day. I hope we are both correct in our assessments and the team comes out of both draft day and the subsequent FA period ready to roll into the new season with not only a drive to succeed, but the depth in roster to do so.

Then, there is always that pesky December 21st, 2012 issue we have to worry about.........

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:36 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Excellent conversation, by far the best I've had on the boards to date.
Thank you kindly.
Still new here. Haven't quite gotten to the point where all I know how to do is troll/flame yet

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote