HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sens @ Rangers - Game 5

Old
04-22-2012, 12:44 AM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
The Rangers really did make a change for the positive tonight. Perhaps it was hand-in-hand with a change by the Senators (of course, I cannot know) but there was none of that domination by them holding the team in the defensive zone.

That was great, and very much appreciated. Even though it did not cost the Rangers, and was clearly only a plus, they still were hamstrung offensively. Blew their skinny little load out of the gate, then faded away to zilch.

Embarrassingly bad performance by the Rangers. Hanging around til the buzzer sounded their loss. Wake the **** up.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I must be mising something.

Granted I didn't see the whole game, but what I did watch the Rangers controled the game.

I saw a great effort in large portions and I saw alot of good NYR Scoring chances.

To me, this game SCREAMS Rick Nash.

WE HAVE NO FINISHERS

That is what I got from this game
that's pretty much what I saw.

This team needs...

*another legitimate finisher a-la gaborik
*a legitimate bomb from the point
*many of their kids to take big steps forward, particularly Stepan and Anisimov

if they can get those 3 things....and the bomb from the point doesnt have to be a defenseman, it can be a forward a-la kotalik, or it could be McDonagh who really does have a damn good shot just never uses it...they will be the best team in the NHL next season imho. not just record wise, but they can pass the smell test too.

This team was very good this year, but most of us knew they didn't pass the smell test.

It was highly unlikely that this was "our year" Thats still 1-3 years away, depending on how quickly those 3 things can happen.

This team is not far off at all....they are VERY close...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:05 AM
trilobyte

Replace a couple of 'core' players and get a scorer who is a natural player (those who play like Giroux, Whitney, Iginla just as examples, fast-twitch, non-plodders, talent that keeps showing) and then we are talking.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Anyone wanna hear a joke?

New York Rangers.

Haqhahahahahahagajaha. Funniest joke. I've seen in quite some time.

Get this Gaborik loser off my team, by the way. Love the completely unnecessary turnover sown 1-0 with58 seconds left.
That was a terrible turnover but without those 41 or so goals he had this season how do you think we would've even MADE the playoffs considering how terrible our secondary scoring is.

If Dubi, Arty, and Step don't want to play their ****ing hearts out EVERY NIGHT then obviously something needs to happen. No sense of urgency WHAT SO EVER. Brandon PRUST is outplaying all three of those jokes.

And the sad part is, the three of them have the ability to be good players in this league. Which leads me to wonder if the problem is our system or if it's them. Something needs to be done if we lose this series though.

At this point, Mitchell is invisible... scratch him and bring up Wellman.. I've seen video of the kid scoring goals in the NHL and maybe he can do us some good.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Dangleberry

I was hoping we would win one at home, but we didn't and I'm pissed. But, there is still hope in future in terms of Kreider, Miler and Eirxon.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
that's pretty much what I saw.

This team needs...

*another legitimate finisher a-la gaborik
*a legitimate bomb from the point
*many of their kids to take big steps forward, particularly Stepan and Anisimov

if they can get those 3 things....and the bomb from the point doesnt have to be a defenseman, it can be a forward a-la kotalik, or it could be McDonagh who really does have a damn good shot just never uses it...they will be the best team in the NHL next season imho. not just record wise, but they can pass the smell test too.

This team was very good this year, but most of us knew they didn't pass the smell test.

It was highly unlikely that this was "our year" Thats still 1-3 years away, depending on how quickly those 3 things can happen.

This team is not far off at all....they are VERY close...
And a legit faceoff guy would help.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:29 AM
gravey9

The big issue with tonight and last game was the same. The guys, right now, have no "puck confidence." They're playing really tight with the puck. And it wasn't just in the offensive zone. It was all over the ice. They were fighting it all night. Really hard to watch. They would have lost to most teams the way they played tonight. Most of you are right. If they had one or two more speedy guys with skill, it would make a huge difference. But I don't think they need Rick Nash.

What they really need is the next Brian Leetch. Someone who can takeover a game. Someone to run the power play. I love Del Zotto. I do. But he's not that guy. His raw talent is not quite high enough, unfortunately.

The Rangers have a decent set of skilled forwards. Gabby, Richie, Anisimov, Stepan, Cally (hags and krieder coming). But they're being asked to grind it out and that's not they're game. What they really need is someone to create space. Hagelin makes a huge difference when he's in. but I actually think there would be way more space if there was a speedy, highly skilled defenseman with vision joining the rush all the time.

A guy who can gain the zone singlehandedly on the PP, who can keep the puck in the zone on the PP, someone who backs people up with his speed, draws people to him and then finds the open man. That's what we're missing.

Karlsson looks like he's becoming that for Ottawa. Ant it's what is sorely lacking for the Rangers. No offense to MDZ, but he's a nice complementary guy ala Zubov or Schneider were. He's not a game changer on the blue line like a Leetch or a Karlsson.

A great offensive defenseman would change the way other teams would face us and would open up lots of ice. It would be WAAAAY more effective than a Rick Nash.

That said, those guys don't grow on trees. But if I were the Rangers, I'd be looking really hard for one. I'd go after one in the draft. I'd be willing to make a big trade for one. But that would be my focus if I were Glen.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:09 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Not bothering reading this thread, but if we lose to ****ing Ottawa some moves need to be made.

Also, LOL at everybody bashing Gaborik. Brian Boyle has a fluky piece of **** goal and suddenly we don't need our 40 goal scorer. Some of you are ****ing ridiculous.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:11 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
reading this thread makes me more sick than the loss.
Yep. I lose the will to post on these forums more day by day. It's just ridiculous.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I really think this team could use another center. After Richards.....I like Stepan and Anisimov, but they don't blow me away. I think the Rangers are better served moving Stepan to wing, putting Anisimov on the 3rd line, and getting another legit top 6 center than they would be getting Parise or Nash and having noone to feed them the puck.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:03 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I really think this team could use another center. After Richards.....I like Stepan and Anisimov, but they don't blow me away. I think the Rangers are better served moving Stepan to wing, putting Anisimov on the 3rd line, and getting another legit top 6 center than they would be getting Parise or Nash and having noone to feed them the puck.
Stepan is a lock as a center on one of the top two lines as he matures. You have too high expectations if you expect to be blown away by a 21 year old center.

It's better to let Stepan play at his natural position. It is clear he excels when playing with talented players who can get into scoring positions and see open ice. As he continues to mature physically he is going to be an excellent player for this club.

If there is a UFA winger of Parise's quality then you go after him and let Stepan and Anisimov mature.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Stepan is a lock as a center on one of the top two lines as he matures. You have too high expectations if you expect to be blown away by a 21 year old center.

It's better to let Stepan play at his natural position. It is clear he excels when playing with talented players who can get into scoring positions and see open ice. As he continues to mature physically he is going to be an excellent player for this club.

If there is a UFA winger of Parise's quality then you go after him and let Stepan and Anisimov mature.
There is one issue though. Kids like Stepan, Del Zotto etc. They are probably going to end up being quality players.

But I believe this organization is trying to win with Hank in his prime. His prime years are coming into focus. We cannot wait too long for these players to mature. Eventually we are going to have to start moving players for people who can produce now.

Hank isn't getting any younger and I believe the organization knows it. They keep on crapping the bed, he won't resign. Then we start our rebuilding cycle all over again.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 04-22-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:29 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
If Boyle is out and Neil does not get suspended (both seem likely) I would ice the following lineup next game 2morrow. As soon as Neil sees the ice I would put the 4th line out and then let "whatever happens, happens". And I do not mean to goon it up for that sake. Play their cheapshot stuff, take Neil (and Carkner) out and let our roster guys play real physical with Karlsson, Spezza, Gonchar... simply put coach smart and teach them an "old time hockey lesson". And most importantly then win the next 2 games. No - I am not kidding and I think it is both realistic and viable. It worked for Ottawa and it will work against them too.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Fedotenko - Dubinsky - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Anisimov
Scott - Rupp - Prust

McD - Girardi
Staal - Strålman
MDZ - Bickel
(Eminger)

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:32 AM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

I never root for any New York teams but screw it im rooting for you guys to comeback

I wanna see a Boston New York ECF I believe they our the best 2 teams in the East all year and that we will both be able to overcome these goalies standing on there head

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Making Anderson look like a brickwall. How embarrassing is that.

Jesus, ****ing bums. ****ing dipsticks. What a ****ing joke.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
It was a good season in the build-up to the climax in 2013... I never expected the Rangers to go far in the play offs. We will get the final pieces of the puzzle this summer and go all the way next year

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:07 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Making Anderson look like a brickwall. How embarrassing is that.

Jesus, ****ing bums. ****ing dipsticks. What a ****ing joke.
Anderson played a great game, as did Ottawa. I think the Rangers actually played a pretty good game with the exception of creativity and finishing in the offensive zone, which isn't really much of a surprise.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:11 AM
KenGuru

Looks like Sens gets a good player coming in and maybe make them even stronger.
21 year old Silverferberg. 13 goals in 16 games in the playoff for Brynas. Well, the Rangers-games probably too early for him anyway.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=6562&lang=en

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:21 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I will keep reiterating it, this team overachieved, and I'd move Dubinsky and AA in the off season. I'd even entertain offers for Gaborik, who like I said months ago is not a playoff performer because there's no open ice for him in the playoffs and he's too afraid to go to the dirty areas and pay the price for goals

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:12 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
3 reasons we lost

1. If Mitchell does not peel off his back check on Spezza the first goal does not happen.

2. Anderson is our new opposing goalie wall.

3. We are bad on face offs.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:16 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

You don't houseclean after one of the youngest teams in hockey wins 50 games and loses in the 1st round. But the Rangers need some veteran scorers with wars under their belt. Nash, Zach, Ryan?? Those guys haven't done much to make the Rangers a SC favorite.

The Larmer trade made trhe 1994 team elite. The additions at the deadline made them balanced. I've been following this team for a minute. The only teams who went far were the ones loaded with veterans who had been through wars.

'79, '94 and '97. 1986 was full of kiddies, but Beezer did something Lundqvist can't do, which is win rounds single handedly.

The only 2 Rangers teams to win a round since the lockout were veteran teams.

If they lose tomorrow, I don't see much change. The defense stays the same and maybe one or two forwards get moved. If they choke next year too, forget about it. It'll get ugly

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:18 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

1. Faceoffs
2. Bad Powerplay
3. Losing battles along the boards
4. Lack of any upgrades at the trade deadline
5. No scoring depth outside of Gaborik, especially on the Left Wing
6. Ottawa has played us tough ALL year. When I saw they were going to be the first round opponent, I knew they were going to be a problem. They just matchup really well against us.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Dorado*

Paul Maclean is a player's coach
He is calm , well mannered and obviously not afraid to play Old Time Hockey or let his olYers play

Torts is a screamer , Tumultuous inflexible . His players play tight , rigid systematic um creative hockey .

Loose beats tight most every time .
This OTT team is good and looks like if Anderson can play this wAy against any one other than NY primed for a long run .
They have : a couple snipers , all world PMD ,
An ELITE FACE OFF GUY ( Konopka sucks but what he is good at he is great at ) some young plAyers not afraid to make mistakes and are making a differance .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

How does anyone know how Rick Nash is going to react in the playoffs with just 4 playoff games on his resume? You want to take that risk? 6 years. $7.8M cap hit. What happens when he flames out in the playoffs and you're stuck with him for another 5 years? Good luck moving that contract. The same people wanting Nash,will be complaining about his lack of production.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Dorado*

If Neil is not suspended and a similar hit is not delivered on SPEZZA , Michalik , or Karlsson shame on Torts and the NYR .NYR THOUGHT , they could impose their will on OTT , they were sadly mistaken , KNOPKA , NEIL , Smith , Karlsson , Anderson , have owned them all series .
TORTS NEEDS TO GO IF WE LOSE THIS SERIES .
NO MORE FIRST ROUND EXITS SHOULD BE TOLERATED

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote