HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens @ Rangers - Game 5

Old
04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP View Post
Honestly how do you guys feel about game 6
Don't ask me for honestly right now. I'll sound like Foxhound and they might ban me.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Is that directed to the sens fan?

If not.

I don't like our chances. We could pull out a win. But I still don't think we can win game 7.

The Rangers make the same mistakes and the same coaching blunders.

Only way we win this series is if Hank carries us. He pretty much already has, but now we need him to be God until our team can fumble a puck into the opposing team's net.

I have very little confidence.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
A win. If we lose this series then we wouldn't have made it far in the playoffs regardless and losing in the 1st round saves us the trouble of being more upset in another round..

4-2 win in my opinion. That's just me though.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1724 View Post
Not sure if this is where to post, but what about these lines for Game 6?

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Fedotenko - Dubinsky - Prust
Anisimov - Mitchell - Rupp
How it should be

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Fedotenko - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prust - Mitchell - Rupp

or put Dubinsky on the 2nd and Kreider on the 3rd.

Robs789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
100% honest: I don't even think there should be one. The Senators win this game running away.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Rupp-Mitchell-Prust

Honestly, I would even consider playing Rupp with Richards and Gaborik, because he creates space with his physical play and he can finish plays that Richards sets up. Move Hagelin down to play with Steps and Cally, Kreider with Anisimov and Fedotenko, and Dubinsky with Mitchell and Prust.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Kershaw

We are finished without Boyle.

Who would've believed that 4 weeks ago?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Mitchell-Prust

Honestly, I would even consider playing Rupp with Richards and Gaborik, because he creates space with his physical play and he can finish plays that Richards sets up. Move Hagelin down to play with Steps and Cally, Kreider with Anisimov and Fedotenko, and Dubinsky with Mitchell and Prust.
The ONLY good thing with Boyle out of the line up is it might help us on our transition. We might be able to skate with a bit more jump.

Its going to hurt us defensively though. Especially on the PK.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:09 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
We are finished without Boyle.

Who would've believed that 4 weeks ago?
I don't believe it now. Boyle is a solid defensive player and good penalty killer who brings very little to the table offensively. Just because he got hot for a couple of weeks doesn't change the way he played for the majority of the season.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Mitchell-Prust

Rupp has been effective on just about every shift. I think that would be a decent move.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
I don't believe it now. Boyle is a solid defensive player and good penalty killer who brings very little to the table offensively. Just because he got hot for a couple of weeks doesn't change the way he played for the majority of the season.
Without Boyle, our transition game will struggle. He's our only good faceoff man and Ottawa will continue to regain possession off of faceoff wins by Spezza and Konopka, giving the puck to Karlsson, which will lead us to fall into a defensive shell.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Mitchell-Prust

Whenever Rupp was on the ice he was throwing his weight around and shifted the play in our favor.

If Boyle wasn't hurt, I'd throw both Stepan and Anisimov on the fourth line.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Rupp has been effective on just about every shift. I think that would be a decent move.
I think it's really poor coaching on Tortorella's part that Rupp has never seen any time with the first or second lines as a LW this season. He's one of the best finishing tough guys in the league for the last decade. Considering this team's major weaknesses at LW, and Dubinsky proving to be a spectacular flop as a top six power forward, Rupp is the closest thing the team has to that. There's a pretty obvious reason why Richards and Gaborik struggle sometimes at even strength. No one is there to help them work with the puck. They need someone to free them from harassment. Hagelin does that better than anyone else on the team simply due to his speed, but that's still not as good as what a real power forward who could finish would do for them.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
KingP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Is that directed to the sens fan?

If not.

I don't like our chances. We could pull out a win. But I still don't think we can win game 7.

The Rangers make the same mistakes and the same coaching blunders.

Only way we win this series is if Hank carries us. He pretty much already has, but now we need him to be God until our team can fumble a puck into the opposing team's net.

I have very little confidence.
Wanted to see how other rangers fans felt

I personally think we take game 6 and bring it back to ny

But thats my heart talking i guess

KingP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Without Boyle, our transition game will struggle. He's our only good faceoff man and Ottawa will continue to regain possession off of faceoff wins by Spezza and Konopka, giving the puck to Karlsson, which will lead us to fall into a defensive shell.
Trust me, if there is one are of the ice we MIGHT improve on in his absence it will be the transition.

I agree though we are going to be hurting a bit with the lack of faceoffs or PK.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

I would make the first line Hagelin-Richards-Rupp. Hagelin and Richards are dynamite behind the net and with Rupp they'll actually have someone in front to feed it to. Rupp doesn't have the hands to do it consistently but all we need is one ****** goal. Put Gaborik on the second line with Stepan and Callahan.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Our transition game struggles because we don't have great puck distributors on the blueline, especially without Sauer. The faceoff issue is real, but that's not why the Rangers lost the last two games. They lost because they can't generate any offense in the offensive zone, despite spending a decent amount of time there. Boyle isn't going to effect that one way or the other. That is a result of the lack of talent on the team, and the team's failure to move the puck and themselves around the offensive zone in a manner that will cause the Senators to fail to maintain their coverage of the slot.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
When has Torts not been out coached? He was out coached by Boudreau twice(yes I am going to keep repeating that because it deserves repeating).

The man has the balls of a bull but also the brains of one.

What I wouldn't give to have Babcock coaching this team.
He doesn't have the complete team he requires yet, or at least he doesn't believe in this team, in my opinion.

When asked about Nash during the deadline he flat out said that Nash is a player you get only when you're one piece away from being a cup contender. Then followed that up by saying he didn't think we were one piece away.

He knows our troubles and he's known them for years. So far his first phase is complete. We've filled up the ridiculous amount of holes this team had when he first took control of it. Our defense, which was once our weakness, is now our strength. Torts believes that to build a successful team you must build from defense first. Done. Now on to the offense. Last year we didn't have a first line center or another competent winger to balance that line. This year we've seen those holes filled. For next year, it would appear that our 2nd line is also filling out. Kreider with some training camp in him, Cally, and whoever they deem to be the best center.

We'll get Sauer back, go hard after Schultz, and probably resign Stralman. Erixon will be called up, and our solid defense will become even stronger.

We also have the cap room to be players for one more offensive dynamo. If the Devils lose this round I dunno how committed Parise will be to stay there. He could cross the river. Or we could revisit Nash or Ryan. In some way, shape or form, we're going to get another offensive stud.

I had a strange feeling this year, that this team was destined for something special. Practically speaking we were too young and inexperienced first and foremost to win it all this year. That hasn't stopped teams before, but to add another element to the mix, we didn't have enough offensive talent either. I'm confident in our path and I think Torts, for the most part has done a good job getting us where we need to be.

As for this series, Torts has been outcoached in every game besides the first. He hasn't responded to McLean's game plan changes. He hasn't even done what a team should do against a clearly more talented offensive team. You push them to the boards, make it a grind it out hockey game, and win on energy. Instead we're playing a game to match Ottawa's style, and losing at it. We could have swept this series. Instead we're about to be eliminated.

His problem isn't necessarily that he can't address the problems. He's just too stubborn to change his method of coaching, which can actually be a worse trait.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
He doesn't have the complete team he requires yet, or at least he doesn't believe in this team, in my opinion.

When asked about Nash during the deadline he flat out said that Nash is a player you get only when you're one piece away from being a cup contender. Then followed that up by saying he didn't think we were one piece away.

He knows our troubles and he's known them for years. So far his first phase is complete. We've filled up the ridiculous amount of holes this team had when he first took control of it. Our defense, which was once our weakness, is now our strength. Torts believes that to build a successful team you must build from defense first. Done. Now on to the offense. Last year we didn't have a first line center or another competent winger to balance that line. This year we've seen those holes filled. For next year, it would appear that our 2nd line is also filling out. Kreider with some training camp in him, Cally, and whoever they deem to be the best center.

We'll get Sauer back, go hard after Schultz, and probably resign Stralman. Erixon will be called up, and our solid defense will become even stronger.

We also have the cap room to be players for one more offensive dynamo. If the Devils lose this round I dunno how committed Parise will be to stay there. He could cross the river. Or we could revisit Nash or Ryan. In some way, shape or form, we're going to get another offensive stud.

I had a strange feeling this year, that this team was destined for something special. Practically speaking we were too young and inexperienced first and foremost to win it all this year. That hasn't stopped teams before, but to add another element to the mix, we didn't have enough offensive talent either. I'm confident in our path and I think Torts, for the most part has done a good job getting us where we need to be.

As for this series, Torts has been outcoached in every game besides the first. He hasn't responded to McLean's game plan changes. He hasn't even done what a team should do against a clearly more talented offensive team. You push them to the boards, make it a grind it out hockey game, and win on energy. Instead we're playing a game to match Ottawa's style, and losing at it. We could have swept this series. Instead we're about to be eliminated.

His problem isn't necessarily that he can't address the problems. He's just too stubborn to change his method of coaching, which can actually be a worse trait.
Everything you say I mostly agree with. But this a fine post if your in the eastern conference finals. I know they are not a stanley cup team yet. I said that going into the playoffs.

But there is zero excuse that this team can't get out of the first round. It also hinders us at addressing holes in the offseason because the team hasn't gone through the "stress test". Sather won't have large enough barometer to judge how far our core can go.

Torts recognizes the problems, but does almost nothing to address them. Torts is never going to get the perfect team. If that is what he needs, he should go to a team that is going to tank for superstars.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 04-22-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old
04-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Dorado*

Torts =clown
All the super fans need to take of the homer goggles .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Torts =clown
All the super fans need to take of the homer goggles .
It's really difficult to argue the elaborate and brilliant points you have made to prove this

Tell us more oh wise one

04-22-2012, 05:51 PM
MAC TRUCK

Quote:
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Mitchell-Prust
Looks good to me.

MAC TRUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
They need to take the body again. They're letting Ottawa dictate the physical game way too often.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Dorado*

Refuses to match the pugilism set forth by OTT
Refuses to play CK
Refuses to change defensive shell strategy
Implements stretch to tip pass play Which OTT figured out all season
Over plays Prust and Feds
Has not dealt with Neil or Konopka
Does no allow any creativity in players and if mistakes are made throws them under the bus leading to players Playing tight .

Maclean taught him a real lesson in PO hockey .
Torts is an arrogant Napoleanic Clown

Old
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Dorado*

Does not pressure th points and try and create some odd man rushes or trade chances .
Tries and wins 1-0 every game
No PP solution
Took Richards off the point
Has Gaby and Richards playing grind it out shot blocking hockey .
Didn't play MZA all season
Banished Avery a player we could have used in the PO and was always a passionate playoff player