HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues win series over Sharks 4-1

Old
04-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Linkster
LTIR'ed off

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2134 View Post
Cooch should hangout with me. I gained muscle and added 75 pounds on my bench press since mid January. #callmecooch
Absolutely!!!

#hockeycoochmanup

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Easy one. Make a list of players who undoubtedly gave ALL of their effort. Keep them. Ship out the rest.

Effort players
*Burns
*Jumbo
*Braun
*Desjardins
*Winnik
*Wingels
*Boyle
*Mitchell
*Pavs
I agree with that list.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OrrNumber4

Now all of a sudden people wish to trade Pavelski for Nash?

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

The better team won the series. Now commence with the Suter and Parise pipe dreams. Joe Thornton played a great game tonight.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

yep, because it's not like he hasn't had a whole bunch of other playoff/crunch time/high pressure situations where he hasn't come through. But those don't matter. One bad, current stretch and he's automatically worthless and expendable.

I really think everyone needs to step away from the keyboard and come back tomorrow when they've gotten their **** together.
I agree, Pavs did **** up this post season but every other playoffs that the rest of these guys didnt show up Pavs did. I'm not defending his performance in these playoffs, but id rather see 98% of this team go before him.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beltes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
He's the fastest skater on the team and one of our biggest weaknesses is foot speed. It might do more harm than good to trade Marleau. There are other, less controversial changed to be made.
He might be our fastest skater but does he use his god damn speed for any good?????

Beltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeremyTB

Not only was Thornton the best Shark by far but he was also taking on the Blues best defensive pairings.

JeremyTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I never really watched him until this series. It's crazy to think he gets all the blame.

I think Marleau is the only piece that I would say needs to go. I think the Sharks can do better. Could they trade him perhaps?
Thornton drags the team, kicking and screaming, through multiple rounds over the past few years, but still people still wait for the handshake line so they can laugh about "no show Joe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokers Gonna Choke View Post
Apart from that killer series against the Red Wings he hasn't done jack squat in the playoffs.
Dallas series a few years ago, he was solid in the Olympics, that Red Wings series. He's a useful versatile player. But I guess if we're blaming players, why not blame everyone. Hell, Blame Couture too. this was his 3rd playoffs and the team has done ****-all. He's not a winner and should be traded too, right?

I'm actually not going to argue this anymore. Not much point in arguing with people blinded by rage.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

Pavelski is definitely not 100%. He was never the same after that one hit about midway past the allstar break.

I always expect Marleau to be injured, but he's always the guy who never needs surgery or repair in the offseason. Last year he had me pissed when all he had was bumps and bruises, especially with the way he went AWOL during the Detroit series.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:30 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Of all teams the sharks losing to the blues makes me sick. So aggravated right now

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Joe almost seems to be getting better with age too. 75+ point season with amazing two way play, and 5 pts in 5 po games. I don't care what he does, he better die a Shark.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
I'd keep

JT
Pavelski
Couture
Havlat
Wingels
Winnik
Desjardins
Burns
Vlasic
Boyle
Niemi

I really want Marleau to stay too
But who knows. That speed will come in handy and I know he can perform in the Playoffs.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Eighth Fret

the other good thing about pavs is he owned up to it right after. he said he was given the ice time, and had to produce and didn't. that's accountability.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lazyking
Never Forget

Not sure what to say except this offseason should be interesting..

Lazyking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
exchequer

Quote:
Well if they are lacking both.... that's obvious isn't it.
Who's to say that any of us know what a player feels or thinks? We don't. And even if they've got the most desire to win, they're not magical heros that can take one 5 guys all at once.

What I do know is that great players tend to show up at important times. For Patty Marleau - he's gone invisible way too long when the team needed him.

exchequer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 455
Niemi really doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. He came up HUGE so many times in this series. This fanbase is extremely ungrateful. Almost every goal the Sharks have let in in this series have been a result of McLellan having the coaching ability of a toddler. He was our MVP this series. Yes, more than Thornton.

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Now all of a sudden people wish to trade Pavelski for Nash?
Yeah it's ridiculous. He's played the exact way he always does.. except this time Elliot robbed him of a few goals. He could easily have 3 goals and we'd all be saying he was the best player.

Unlike some players he was at least getting chances. Which means he was going to scoring areas and getting punished.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Linkster
LTIR'ed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Now commence with the Suter and Parise pipe dreams.
Suter and Parise pipe dreams...

Stuart and Boyes budget lines.

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ilikebigjoe

well, heres my final analysis.

the better team won.

joe thornton played his heart out. feel terrible for him. 5pts in 5games in playoffs VS 0pts in 4games regular season. to me, that means he stepped up. haters will hate but you are flat our wrong if you hate on him.

niemi, who played fantastic for 2/3 of the game, did what niemi does. has a complete brain fart and costs us the game. if that was saved like it routinely should have been, it could still be 1-0 sj and both teams headed to the tank for monday.

the team is too slow, and could not get shots through for the life of them. that needed to be addressed. maybe it was as they found that soft spot at the top of the circles tonight, but it shoulda been adressed by game 2 or 3 latest.

i thought pavelski was absolutely horrendous all series. marleau as well, although i thought marleau played a strong game tonight. you cant win a playoff series when 2 of your top 5 players dont draw a single point in a 5 game playoff series. very frustrating to see that $17 million go down the drain.

i dont believe the window has completely shut on this core. i think if DW builds a team around thornton, burns, vlasic, couture and focus on speed, and get a true sniper, that there can be success. i still believe thornton has a LOT to offer. 33 is not young in the NHL, but hes got 3 more solid years left in him IMHO.

i love dan boyle's heart and passion, i would miss him dearly, but i would shop him considering his NTC is modified this summer before he cant bring in a solid return.

koala and his assistants need to be fired. system and pk and pp failed us. simple as that. i think koala can have success elsewhere, and ive always liked him, but a change is needed because a new system is needed. the assistants? - beer leaguers.

an upgrade is needed in net. need a goalie who is better positionally, is less erratic, a good puck handler, and has ANY rebound control.

overall, i am deeply saddened by this loss. i felt we had this game and niemi took the wind out of our sails. disappointing season to say the least, but i will look forward to next year.

despite this massive post, i still dont know if it's sunk in yet.

see you next year sharks.

GO SHARKS GO.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OrrNumber4

Get a left-handed puck-moving defenseman.
Trade Fatass and Clowe.
Keep Moore and Winnik.

Last edited by OrrNumber4: 04-21-2012 at 09:39 PM.
OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812;48549619[B
]Niemi really doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. He came up HUGE so many times in this series.[/B] This fanbase is extremely ungrateful. Almost every goal the Sharks have let in in this series have been a result of McLellan having the coaching ability of a toddler. He was our MVP this series. Yes, more than Thornton.
THIS. He is the one that kept us in it. And we almost survived too. JT showed up, how 'bout the rest of the team.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:33 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Almost every goal the Sharks have let in in this series have been a result of McLellan having the coaching ability of a toddler. .
Toddler McLellan.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
exchequer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Get a left-handed puck-moving defenseman.
Trade Murray and Clowe.
Keep Moore and Winnik.
I get the sense that Winnik will go to the highest bidder...

exchequer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sharklife25

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
Thank you Joe Thornton... **** the rest of these clowns.

Niemi EPIC FUMBLE BRO.
Worse than Kyle Williams

sharklife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beltes

Quote:
Yeah it's ridiculous. He's played the exact way he always does.. except this time Elliot robbed him of a few goals. He could easily have 3 goals and we'd all be saying he was the best player.

Unlike some players he was at least getting chances. Which means he was going to scoring areas and getting punished.
But if the players doesnt produce points and goals which they are paid to do and expected to do, what is the point?

Beltes is offline   Reply With Quote