HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boyle has a concussion

Old
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
tank he spy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Boyle played 3 shifts after the hit, and is playing game 6. Is there official confirmation that he received a concussion, or was it being shaken up badly?
Gamesmanship by Torts. He is a desperate man fighting for his job and will do anything to rile up his team.

tank he spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
Sens fan here coming in peace.

Don't you think that when it's only Rangers fans who think the hit was dirty and deserving of a suspension then the hit was probably clean? I mean 80% of Hfboards said that the hit was clean in the poll, all of the sports analysts I have seen have deemed the hit to be clean, and there was not even a hearing. Don't you think that you guys are probably a little delusional regarding the hit?
The league continually screws this team. Its a collection of things that have happened over time that have us all pissed off and tired of the league's BS biases towards certain teams and against certain teams.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
Sens fan here coming in peace.

Don't you think that when it's only Rangers fans who think the hit was dirty and deserving of a suspension then the hit was probably clean? I mean 80% of Hfboards said that the hit was clean in the poll, all of the sports analysts I have seen have deemed the hit to be clean, and there was not even a hearing. Don't you think that you guys are probably a little delusional regarding the hit?
Personally, I thought the hit was borderline at best, but I'm not opening up that can of worms again. I believe that the issue most of us have here is with the way that Shanahan is handling discipline.

Shanny said a few days ago that whether or not an injury occurred plays a role in the punishment a player gets for a play that gets reviewed. Hagelin got 3 games because Alfie got hurt. Carkner only one game because Boyle didn't get hurt. Shea Weber only got a fine because Zetterberg wasn't hurt. Torres got 25 games....you get the idea.

I and most of us here have a beef with Neil getting away with it because if Boyle really is concussed, the fact that Neil gets off scott free is not concurrent with the discipline that others around the league have been getting. The NHL has become a laughing stock when it comes to discipline, and it's why we're seeing more and more dangerous plays happening, and it's why players are losing respect for each other out there.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:41 PM
EDDIE20*

If someone ever dishes a similar hit to Neil and puts him out, I wonder what the reaction will be.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
Good hit. No suspension.

Multiple media outlets agree.
That's sweet. "Multiple media outlets" also said that Hagelin should've gotten 1 game tops and Carkner gone for a whole lot more than what he got.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:43 PM
corksens

But if a player is injured on a clean, legal hit, then what is the league supposed to do?

This really isn't a borderline hit at all. Everyone outside of Tortorella and NY Fans agrees it's a hockey hit.

corksens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:44 PM
MDL8981

Why are Sens polluting this thread like locusts? Go back to your own board and let us complain in peace

Old
04-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Johnny Hanson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE20 View Post
If someone ever dishes a similar hit to Neil and puts him out, I wonder what the reaction will be.
the reaction would be, ouch, neil got rocked there. guess he should not have been cutting across the ice with his head down.

Johnny Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Why are Sens polluting this thread like locusts? Go back to your own board and let us complain in peace
Im thinking it's because our mods aren't infraction happy.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
corksens

Quote:
It's a discussion forum.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot karlsson View Post
the reaction would be, ouch, neil got rocked there. guess he should not have been cutting across the ice with his head down.
Oddly enough, a lot of them weren't saying that when Bell rocked Alfie a few years ago.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
no boyle at practice...only 12 at practice with biron as the only goalie, per Andrew Gross and Jim Cerny twitters

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:53 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post
It's a discussion forum.
You're not gonna convince any of us that the hit was clean. I would think you'd have more fun retreating to your own board, where you can talk about hitting clean, who Neil can take out next and preparing chants for Hagelin for Game 6.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:55 PM
corksens

Quote:
Oddly enough, a lot of them weren't saying that when Bell rocked Alfie a few years ago.
Again, I thought that particular hit was clean, although it was much more of a blindside hit than the Neil one last night.

Glad you agree with Sens fans though that Neil's hit was clean though. Thanks for contributing.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Maineice11

from hockey night live last night talking about the hit

as i paused it as boyle was hit, it looks like neil hit boyle in the head before he hit the shoulder..but that is what i could see pausing it in slow motion

bill jaffe also said he talked to the league after the game and they were looking at the hit, so at least they took the time to look at it, but i still cant understand why there wouldn't be at least a fine or a hearing...i thought it was suspendable, but i am a rangers fan, i would feel the same i think if i saw it hapen to another team

if you look you see the head move before the shoulder, the head goes back before the shoulder/back head back...but im not shanny so my opinion does not matter

Old
04-22-2012, 01:07 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
MDL, you have to establish intent to pollute, and provide evidence that this thread is polluted before they will take any disciplinary action.

Stop typing with your head down.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:08 PM
OldBlueSeats

This is the kind of hit the NHL wants out of the game. A defenseless player targeted by another player. Neil was looking to take him out and he did. Scott Stevens made a living targeting defensless players (Kariya, Lindros) that would have been illeagle hits now. Its simple, they dont want you to hit this player because of the consequences of the hit. if you bump this player you get results, you dont have to hit him recklessly. Im saying 2 games.

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Vitto79

In Mexico for our honeymoon and this crap happens.....Come on Rangers I want to see round 2

I assume Anisimov slides into the #3 C spot ?

I havent been able to watch the games but I go with
Hagelin, Richards, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Stepan, Callahan
Kreider, Anisimov, Fedotenko
Rupp, Mitchell, Prust

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
The league continually screws this team. Its a collection of things that have happened over time that have us all pissed off and tired of the league's BS biases towards certain teams and against certain teams.
Every fan of a team losing games says this. The league would LOVE a NY team in the finals. Thinking otherwise is proof positive of a fan that can't reason why they are actually losing.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Every fan of a team losing games says this. The league would LOVE a NY team in the finals. Thinking otherwise is proof positive of a fan that can't reason why they are actually losing.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaahahahahahhahhahahahahahh ahaha.

We've been watching the double standard long enough. It started with Dolan outright defying the NHL with the web page and court action. You think that the league has somehow forgiven him for that? Have some volcano insurance.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:31 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats View Post
This is the kind of hit the NHL wants out of the game.

Apparently they don't want it out of the game that badly.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
corksens

Quote:
if you look you see the head move before the shoulder, the head goes back before the shoulder/back head back
Because he is leaning down.

Boyle is 6'5. Neil is 6'1. If Neil hits Boyle in the head, and Neils skates are still on the ice at contact, then clearly Boyle has been "caught with his head down". He's leaning forward...there is no other way to make up the gap in height.

And when you are cutting to the middle to take a shot, with your head down, you will get hit each and every time.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
corksens

Quote:
Apparently they don't want it out of the game that badly.
I really don't think this is the type of hit that they want out of the game.

What they want is the flying elbows out of the game.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
truebluegoalie

This league is such a mess.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post
Because he is leaning down.

Boyle is 6'5. Neil is 6'1. If Neil hits Boyle in the head, and Neils skates are still on the ice at contact, then clearly Boyle has been "caught with his head down". He's leaning forward...there is no other way to make up the gap in height.

And when you are cutting to the middle to take a shot, with your head down, you will get hit each and every time.
yes as i believe you should...however the nhl has not been calling it that way, they do not want headshots...thats a headshot