HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECQF: Game 6: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals. 4/22/12. 3 PM. Verizon Center.

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
sunnydaycrash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusone View Post
So much blame on Semin and Backstrom when without them we aren't in a game 7.

The fight from the team to come back has been great. Never expected this at all. They've got a chance in Boston. Don't get why Green isn't getting more ice item. Don't get why he isn't on the 1st PP group either.
Don't get why Green is 5th out of 6 D in ice time.....dont get why Wideman played 4 more minutes than Carlson.....why Green got little or no PP time.....why Aucoin was used over Knuble,Ward,Brouwer and Chimera to be the screen on the PP.....it's all dumbfounding

Old
04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
So much blame on Semin and Backstrom when without them we aren't in a game 7. :
No. I'm shaking my head at this idiot line of thinking. When you get paid top dollar you're not supposed to lose a game for every game you win. You're just supposed to win games. So yeah, they deserve their callouts.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
I think this game was our best chance. As the game worn on you could tell that the Bruins were getting tired. Now they've got 3 days rest.

I think we have a good chance at winning...only if Wideman and Aucoin get much less PP time(which is probably too much to ask from Dumbo Dale).

Old
04-22-2012, 05:45 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
you mean that in a good way, right?
We're winning mon frere. That's all that matters.

Old
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
The forwards are playing well enough for their talent level. If we had a decent 3rd or 4th line this series would be totally different. That's the biggest problem this team has.
I honestly think the 3rd and 4th lines have been solid........I dunno why Aucoin and Wideman are seeing so much PP time.

The other problem is the 2nd line....keep Laich and Ovi away from each other....they have no chemistry.

Old
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I must be in the minority because I feel that their play during this series has exceeded my expectations. We are getting scoring from the players we expect to get it from, unbelievable goaltending and fantastic defensive play from most of our defenseman, especially the ones who have a future with the team. Happy to see Green on the board today, team just needs more offense from their defense.
I agree. I don't think there really is much to complain about in this series. My complaints have been year long about Wideman and not clearing our zone. Those aren't new things. I'm optimistic about Game 7. I just have to keep the radio and mute the television until then because I hate listening to the NBC hate towards the Caps.

Old
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I must be in the minority because I feel that their play during this series has exceeded my expectations. We are getting scoring from the players we expect to get it from, unbelievable goaltending and fantastic defensive play from most of our defenseman, especially the ones who have a future with the team.
Agree.

As far Hunter, he has he warts, but you have to put it in perspective. Caps look more effective overall in playoffs under him than under Boudreau. You're not going to get a coach that is going to make perfect decisions. So if you want Hunter fired, ok, but it's far from obvious that you're gonna get a better coach back.

Take a look around hfboards, fans of most teams are *****ing about their coach one way or another, including Babcock, Mclellan (sp?), CJ and others. The "ideal" coach does not exist, the only question is -- is there a better coach for the Caps than Hunter out there.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:46 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
I think this game was our best chance. As the game worn on you could tell that the Bruins were getting tired. Now they've got 3 days rest.

I think we have a good chance at winning...only if Wideman and Aucoin get much less PP time(which is probably too much to ask from Dumbo Dale).
Totally agree....the Bruins looked drained .....the 3 days rest will do wonders for them.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Being gifted and being risky/dumb isn't mutually exclusive

Old
04-22-2012, 05:48 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
BOS was better than WSH today.
Don't think so.. they were better in OT though.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Atlas

Laich is just so plain. He tries and he plays an honest game. He just gets overpowered by opposing teams when the game energy gets elevated. He avoids contact, which is smart in a way because he'll get broken to pieces. But if you watch Brouwer, a much bigger man, you can see how he intimidates BOS a little bit. Laich is too easy to play against.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
plusone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
No. I'm shaking my head at this idiot line of thinking. When you get paid top dollar you're not supposed to lose a game for every game you win. You're just supposed to win games. So yeah, they deserve their callouts.
There's a difference between calling out and saying they're terrible. Semin has arguably been the best player in this series outside of the goalies. Just because you refuse to recognize his play doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

I didn't think Backstrom had a great game either but without him we don't even get into OT. There's good and bad.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

the series will boil down to basically the exact thing i said before the playoffs now that i think about it. and its real simple. you cannot win in the NHL playoffs with dennis wideman playing key minutes.

i didnt even consider him leading in ****ing TOI along with aucoin's net front presence for a minute on every PP.

unreal. its worse than losing on a bad bounce, bad call, screwup from a guy who usually doesnt...we lose because our best players get less ice time than a guy who belongs on the 3rd pair of a lottery team. hahhahahahaha. pitiful. so bad its actually funny now that theres been some time to cool off.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:52 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

They outplayed us in OT. They had the jump. We didnt. I hoped we could weather the storm, but now we gotta do this the hard way. I think we can. We've played well up there so far.

Backstrom will do his very best to atone for OT blunder. And Ovie will have extra confidence after the goal tonite.

I'm not ready to give up on these Caps yet. They have showed grit and resilience.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:53 PM
hb11xchamps

Wideman has been terrible this series. Dale needs to quit being stubborn and increase Green's ice time and put him on the first PP unit. I agree with posters that Laich has no chemistry with Ovi. Hell Aucoin had more chemistry with Alex

Old
04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
plusone

Is Halpern still hurt or is there a real reason he isn't playing? Does anyone know? I'd like to see him in for game 7 over Aucoin.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
They outplayed us in OT. They had the jump. We didnt. I hoped we could weather the storm, but now we gotta do this the hard way. I think we can. We've played well up there so far.

Backstrom will do his very best to atone for OT blunder. And Ovie will have extra confidence after the goal tonite.

I'm not ready to give up on these Caps yet. They have showed grit and resilience.
I'm not giving upon them either but it's bloody hard when Wideman gets 2 full min of PP time with Green and Carlson sitting on the bench and Aucoin is out there screening Thoman on the PP with Knuble, Ward, Brouwer and Chimera on the bench

Old
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Roughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
The other problem is the 2nd line....keep Laich and Ovi away from each other....they have no chemistry.
Why would they? They didn't play together all season. The playoffs are a fun time to experiment!

Old
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

As disappointed as I am, this may be the most telling moment of Hunter's tenure. We are 0-4 in game 7s after failing to close out a team in game 6. We'll find out Wednesday if Dale has truly changed this team.

Old
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
I didn't think Backstrom had a great game either but without him we don't even get into OT. There's good and bad.
He had a highlight quality assist on Chimmer goal. He won draw cleanly to #8 for game-tying goal. And he was effective during our many minutes of PK. Writers voted him 2nd star of the game.

Yes, he made bad blunder in OT, but otherwise was an extremely effective player for us.

Old
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Good points Art. I rarely peruse other boards but when I do, its a whole lot of greener grasses on the other side of the fence talk. Coaching defense passing, its never just one thing either. And it seems no one likes their PP, well except Philly now.

Damn shame we didnt finish them off. Ovi would have brought the house down if he scored.

Laich pulled 53% in the dot.

Old
um

i hate hunter so much

Old
04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

If we had the right guys on the PP we would have won. ThePP should go like this IMO:

28--20--19
8-----74

90--22--21
6----52

less Wideman and no Aucoin. Its that simple.

Old
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Wideman has been terrible this series. Dale needs to quit being stubborn and increase Green's ice time and put him on the first PP unit. I agree with posters that Laich has no chemistry with Ovi. Hell Aucoin had more chemistry with Alex

I agree that 6 has been god awful.

But Green has been gaffe-prone, too. #6, who I call "the random pass generator" sort of like a tennis ball machine, is just not good at anything, really. The only thing I can say is he is usually in the camera shot falling into the net when he gets burned for a goal. Green is usually knocked down by the boards or skating back to the bench already

74 and 27 are the only rock solid guys we have back there. Hamr is good and bad. Can't give him too much TOI or he quits. Erskine survived. Orlov is better than maybe all but 27 and 74 but he's so young it's hard to trust him and put him in a position to fail.

Old
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

Quote:
Is Halpern still hurt or is there a real reason he isn't playing? Does anyone know? I'd like to see him in for game 7 over Aucoin.
theres not enough blood left in hunters body to get to the brain after it all goes to his junk when wideman steps on the ice.

Closed Thread