HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: Game 6: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals. 4/22/12. 3 PM. Verizon Center.

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM
G3 LesPaul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
I'm used to heartbreak with this franchise, so I'll be even-keeled for the game.

I am from Cleveland, yeah, all my teams break my heart.

I have some confidence going in. I am going to a concert that night anyway, wont be able to watch, which might save me my health. I will 100% enjoy the concert. I might only 30% enjoy the Caps game

Old
04-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
In what way?
He got the team this far with 90% of the player having a down season. And he did it with the division being better than it has been in years.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
CCF,

It hasn't been like that for me. I know the Caps are seriously thin at C and D and G (except for Holtby, thank goodness).

They are underdogs but with enough bite to paralyze Thomas, Chara, Lucic and Julien. We might win. If we do, it's a bonus. Don't sweat it if not.
I don't see how we are any thinner on D than most teams, frankly. I mean Boston has Corvo and shortened their defensive rotation the other night. Down the middle, perhaps although I believe that is a temporary issue as Mojo will develop. I don't believe lack of center depth has hurt us this series.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
i have enjoyed watching all the games, and enjoyed the 3 wins more than any other over the last 12 months. I missed game 1 which may have helped. With 1 goal games all series, there hasn't been a boring period. I can understand people don't consider stress as entertainment

Dale isn't stressed. Yes he has a pulse. I have been thinking its going to be 7 games all along. I suspect he has too.

I really wanted to win tonight, so we could hear about that 7 men on the ice non-call and be able to laugh at one finally. Yep, I am still pissed about the Knuble crease call vs Halak.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:49 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
CCF,

It hasn't been like that for me. I know the Caps are seriously thin at C and D and G (except for Holtby, thank goodness).

They are underdogs but with enough bite to paralyze Thomas, Chara, Lucic and Julien. We might win. If we do, it's a bonus. Don't sweat it if not.
I'm jealous. I'm so long past actually enjoying Caps playoff hockey. Even the wins bring no joy, just relief. Still, I approach every game with hope. Go Caps!!

Old
04-22-2012, 09:02 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Well.......next game, right? Only watched the first period of this game so I'm jst basing my comments off of that and what I see here.

This lovefest between Wideman and Hunter is mindboggling. Green scores a goal and plays 17 something in a game that went into overtime? I was madder than mad after I saw Wideman on the PP after Greenie scored an ES goal. Let's not go with the hot hand? I personally cannot stand the Wideman / Hunter lovefest any longer. It's been a disaster especially since the benching of Hamrlik back in Feb. It quite possibly cost the Caps home ice and maybe a better draw. And I thought Carlson and Alzner were the first PK unit? I haven't understood this Wideman thing for quite some time now.

On another note.......sorry to see Backstrom not have such a good night. Hopefully he turns the tables on Wednesday and returns the favor to his teammates for picking him up at suspension time.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:09 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Too much **** has happened to the Caps the last 4 years.

07-08 = Horrible goalie interference non call against Flyers in game 7. Lose in OT in game 7 on home ice.

08-09 = Pens get huge PP advantage and blow Caps out on home ice in game 7

09-10 = Caps become first ever 1 seed to blow 3-1 lead to an 8 seed. Lose 2-1 in game 7 on home ice.

10-11 = get swept by Lightning who were an inferior team in most eyes

This organization has gone through too much ****. The Caps are finally going to be on the other side of this crap on Wednesday. They're gonna silence all their haters, come together as a group, and win game 7. Can't wait. Lets ****ing go Caps! Caps in 7!

Old
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
Too much **** has happened to the Caps the last 4 years.

07-08 = Horrible goalie interference non call against Flyers in game 7. Lose in OT in game 7 on home ice.

08-09 = Pens get huge PP advantage and blow Caps out on home ice in game 7

09-10 = Caps become first ever 1 seed to blow 3-1 lead to an 8 seed. Lose 2-1 in game 7 on home ice.

10-11 = get swept by Lightning who were an inferior team in most eyes

This organization has gone through too much ****. The Caps are finally going to be on the other side of this crap on Wednesday. They're gonna silence all their haters, come together as a group, and win game 7. Can't wait. Lets ****ing go Caps! Caps in 7!
That's just the most recent stuff. You could write a list 2x as long from late-'80s to late-'90s. But I hope you're right.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Carlzner

Boston has all the momentum. They'll be rested. We'll be demoralized after such a close game.

I don't see us winning..

Old
04-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
I don't see how we are any thinner on D than most teams, frankly. I mean Boston has Corvo and shortened their defensive rotation the other night. Down the middle, perhaps although I believe that is a temporary issue as Mojo will develop. I don't believe lack of center depth has hurt us this series.

Chara is as good as our whole D corps. He is better on the PP than any D we have and he is better at D than anyone we have. Of course, he also scares the living bejesus out of the opposition when he gets pissed.

The Caps have Wideman flinging it around randomly and hoping for the best. Alzner is great on D, and merely safe on O. Carlson is developing but is like a steady #3 right now. Hamr has been good when his TOI is minimal. Green is mercurial.

We are thin on D.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Atlas

I like Mojo, too. He's a weird player but he is such a good skater and usually a smart player with the puck (except for the too many drop passes). I don't know what posish he plays but he's good out there skating around getting involved.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I'm jealous. I'm so long past actually enjoying Caps playoff hockey. Even the wins bring no joy, just relief. Still, I approach every game with hope. Go Caps!!

Sounds terrible! Are you Catholic by any chance?

Go Caps!

Old
04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Boston has all the momentum. They'll be rested. We'll be demoralized after such a close game.

I don't see us winning..
Momentum hasn't meant much in this series as its been back and forth. Also, I really dont see it as too big of a deal anyway considering its game 7 so both teams will be ready, and the Caps have done a good job of taking away Boston's momentum and crowd by playing stifling defense. Be confident guys. We have made it to game 7 against arguably the best team in the East and have arguably outplayed them in 4 of the 6 games. We are going to win because I said so and because I'm not gonna deal with the typical **** these playoffs and neither are you guys.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:38 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Sounds terrible! Are you Catholic by any chance?

Go Caps!

No, just raised on Caps hockey.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Atlas

Quote:

No, just raised on Caps hockey.

Haha. Me too. If I were a Habs or Wings fans growing up then I'd really be impossibly conceited. Being a Caps fan keeps me in check.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:51 PM
garrett s

caps blew it. had all the momentum coming into this game and could have sealed it at home and given themselves 4-5 days of rest before the next series.

series is over. can't wait until the season is over so we can blow this team up.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:18 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett s View Post
caps blew it. had all the momentum coming into this game and could have sealed it at home and given themselves 4-5 days of rest before the next series.

series is over. can't wait until the season is over so we can blow this team up.
The Caps are going to win. That's all that needs to be said.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett s View Post

Who's this guy?

Whos this guy? Next years top 2 lines will be:

8-19-20
92-90-28

Looks like the Caps are in good shape next year. Its the coach that is the problem.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:21 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Who's this guy?

Whos this guy? Next years top 2 lines will be:

8-19-20
92-90-28

Looks like the Caps are in good shape next year. Its the coach that is the problem.
If they keep Semin, I sure hope they get him a 2C.

04-22-2012, 10:28 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
If they keep Semin, I sure hope they get him a 2C.
Why? The Caps should essentially put MoJo on a plan to get stronger on the off season, so he can be better defensively down low, and Kuznetsov can be a good play making winger in the same like as Patrick Kane. Or Semin in the past has proven that he can be a good defensive winger.

Obviously the best thing is to have MoJo gain some weight, get some more strength and in training camp they gotta have purely face off practices to improve MoJo, we got several 3rd-4th line face off experts on this team then it just drops off to the first 2 guys, who can easily be taught to do it better by the other guys that are really great at it.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:30 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Why?! Seriously?!

Old
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Why?! Seriously?!
I don't even know anymore, if I suggest we keep MoJo as a 2C, I get told I'm nuts. If I suggest trading him for a 2C, I'm nuts.

The way this team is working now, MoJo doesn't fit in any but the top 2.

I guess Pavelski is a possibility, but then again I' nuts cause he had 0 points in 5 games against the Blues. People always seem to want a whole lot for a whole lot of nothing.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Icetime

Let's get this straight.

The Caps fanbase.....young or old......has no clue what the solution to the problem of winning in the playoffs is.

You are not in the game. You don't play hockey.

How could you people even guess at what it takes to win a big game in the playoffs?

signed GMGM

see u kids for game seven. We are winning that game. (:

I hope and pray.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:32 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Exactly how i feel. Well said.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
Exactly how i feel. Well said.

Honestly, I think you and CCF ought to write Ted and tell him this.

That's the kind of heartwrenching stuff that might inspire him to de-crown McPhee and bring a winner to town.

Closed Thread