HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do You Still Believe We Will Win This Series?

View Poll Results: Do You Still Believe We Can Beat Chicago?
Yes, we will win in Game 6 or Game 7 47 61.84%
No, the Blackhawks will force Game 7 and win 21 27.63%
I refuse to answer either way 8 10.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

vCash: 500
Do You Still Believe We Will Win This Series?

After tonight's heartbreaker, I've seen a lot of negative comments and people who think we are done. I simply want to see, with a gun up to your head, if that is just reactionary or if you truly believe it.

Note: this isn't some pretentious nonsense to see who are the "real fans". If you honestly believe that we won't win, that's fine. I have no doubt that in each Coyotes fans' heart, we still want to win and will support them regardless of what happens in this series.

For the record, I still think we can win. There could have been a lot of factors going into our loss in Game 5. Some players could have been nervous. Some could have been overconfident. Hearing about the severity of the Torres suspension could have been a distraction. Tippett is too good of a coach. He will have those mental factors gone by Game 7, if not Game 6. Shaw is also coming back in Game 6, and even though the rest of the league thinks Smith embellished, I'm sure they are super pissed in the Coyotes locker room. Shaw likes to play physical and that should be okay with us. I think we still win that battle.

Mike Smith has also been great. It wouldn't surprise me if he steals one for us. Game 5 wasn't great, but we were still pretty good in our own end. Minus the OT goal, we didn't really give them the sexy chances. When it comes to blowing leads in the 3rd, a lot of them have been bad bounces or deflections. We need to sustain better pressure and we've done that better in the series without Korpikoski.

Games 1 & 2, the Blackhawks coming back to win was purely all of their talent overwhelming the **** out of us. Game 3 we were the ones to force OT, so it doesn't matter. Game 4, they got a deflection off of Klesla's stick and then a gimme rebound. If that deflection doesn't happen we could have won in regulation, but it doesn't matter because we won that game anyway. Game 5's comeback came off a screen/deflection. What gives me hope is that we never let them play their game to score a goal. They really haven't been given the easy opportunities. I think we are due for a regulation victory.

Also, Hanzal has to be close right? If he was doubtful today, then that still means there was a possibility he could play. Maybe Vrbata starts feeling better? I don't know, there has to be some factor where we catch a break injury-wise, and even if we don't, we still won Game 4 without Hanzal, Korpikoski, Torres, and a healthy Vrbata. Oh and Biz.

Also, we have more heart. Thanks for reading my soliloquy.

Last edited by Blubba Jenkins: 04-22-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:19 AM
XX
... Waiting

Absolutely not. The Coyotes offense is simply not there. The powerplay is downright unprofessional. We have guys who are total passengers when this team can barely win with 100% effort. Then you've got guys that are clearly working against us, like Aucoin. This is a devastating loss and the Hawks will have all of the momentum.

That's before you get to the whole curse thing. And believe me, the players are aware of it. When you consider what is at stake here and what elimination means, tonight's loss is extremely depressing.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:24 AM
PhxYotes85

Nope, this series is over. We had chance to close them out and we put up a pathetic 19 shots including overtime at home. While Blackhawks shoot 38 frickin times. We might have different team then we had in 1999 but same results. This organization just cares bout bringing tough players in here that play defense but when it comes to offense they are horrible. Where is the team that forced 7 games against red wings few years ago? The team that beat the wings on the road like 5-1 or 5-2 if I recall correctly. Where is the urgency in this game. Botttom line is, Yotes play poorly when they're tied, or lead by a goal. Imagine if yotes faced Flyers in first round. They would easily score 4 goals in first period and game would be over. The coyotes need to bring in players that can skate fast and score goals. Defense won't just get u a stanley cup you need offense as well. Anyways, I'm just a sick coyotes fan right now and don't want see us in second round against Predators. They will murder us and we won't have a chance.

PhxYotes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:52 AM
MP

Can they? Yes. All five games in this series could have gone either way. The only reason the Blackhawks aren't playing golf right now is because the Coyotes couldn't manage one last stupid lousy ****ing clearance in Game 2. And the Coyotes can be as good as anybody at bouncing back after a poor performance, which Game 5 most assuredly was.

Will they? Well...

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:47 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Well of course they can, they won 3 out of 5 already, so 1 out of 2 is very possible. I know everyone is let down by the performance tonight but to act like the series is over is pretty stupid IMO. You can rest assured the Blackhawks would rather be 3-2 than 2-3, the Coyotes are still very much in the drivers seat here. It's theirs to lose, they just need to stop playing scared and take it!

Last edited by Sinurgy: 04-22-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:07 AM
doaner

I do. This is a special team and a special season.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

I hope you do because as a Sharks fan I'm hopping on your bandwagon.

Please win!

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
DesertDawg

This team misses Hanzal, Korpikoski looked terrible, but Chicago hasn't won at home yet. The team will maximize their revenue by winning at home the next time. Coyotes in 7 with the return of Hanzal...

GOTTA BELIEVE

GO KAI-YOTES

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:49 AM
SweYote

I'm always assuming the worst and then hoping to be proved wrong.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I seriously believe we can.

We just need a healthy team and to play our game.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:23 AM
mmichal
Rookie User

i really can't tell. i've seen better performances by both teams in regular season. i think who ever will win, will be swept in next round. but i have to admit, coyotes are closer to win series

mmichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:34 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Hard to say. If Hanzal comes back, I like our chances better.

I admit, I totally expected that they would lose last night - in OT. Chicago is playing for their season, so I knew they would come out hard. Add the Raffi distraction and the pressure at home, it did not surprise me at all. Not that I hadn't imagined how amazing it would feel to take the series at home - but I didn't spend too much time on that, because I really doubted it could happen.

I think that they can take the game in Chicago. If they don't, and they come back to Phoenix, I don't think it will end in our favor. We'll have lost the momentum, and the weight of 'the curse' will be too heavy.

I feel the same way about the series as I do about the ownership debacle - I have a very hard time letting myself feel excited, because it's so easy for everything to come crashing down. So my happiness is very guarded in this matter. I'll believe it when I see it. I hope they win, and I hope that the Jamison deal comes to fruition - but I'm simply too cynical to get my hopes up on either.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Gwyddbwyll

All season from Game 1 to Game 82 I didnt think they would make the playoffs.. they did.

I never thought they'd take the division title.. they did.

I didnt think they would take the lead in the series.. they did.

I didnt think they'd win 1 game in Chicago.. they won both.

I didnt think they'd cope without their #1 centre in Hanzal.. they have.

I didnt think they'd get the momentum back again.. they did.

Everything's against them in Game Six but this is my favorite Coyotes team yet.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

The Hawks have not been shown to be the superior team. The teams seem as evenly matched as you will find in a series. Everyone knew that the Hawks were going to come out very fired up as their season was on the line. Still, they managed just one goal in regulation. The Coyotes will take this series, IMO.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:54 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Coyotes will win. It might be in 7 but... even better. Give the home fans a treat and the arena another sell out. Besides, it is GREAT hockey. As long as they win in the end...

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:58 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Coyotes will win. It might be in 7 but... even better. Give the home fans a treat and the arena another sell out. Besides, it is GREAT hockey. As long as they win in the end...
No! Make it in 6. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to watch if it goes to game 7. Too stressful with all of the OT.

Game 2, we ended up walking around the concourse during the OT because my son was getting too nervous. I think it's partially all of the licorice he ate in the first period, but a lot of it was nerves. We were OK last night - I knew that a loss wouldn't be the end of the world for us while a win would be amazing - but at game 7, that's not the case at all.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:19 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
No! Make it in 6. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to watch if it goes to game 7. Too stressful with all of the OT.

Game 2, we ended up walking around the concourse during the OT because my son was getting too nervous. I think it's partially all of the licorice he ate in the first period, but a lot of it was nerves. We were OK last night - I knew that a loss wouldn't be the end of the world for us while a win would be amazing - but at game 7, that's not the case at all.

This is true. Also, it would be nice to give the team an extra couple days of rest. St Louis/Nashville will be tough and well rested - altho that is often NOT a good thing.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:30 AM
ducky

I never beleived we would win the series.

I am pleasantly surprised we have won 3 games. Unfortunately, for this franchise 3 wins in a series is akin to a 2 goal lead.

Doan has been a huge disappointment. I hope he redeems himself.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:21 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

I'm still shocked at the effort last night, such a dissapointment. I think we'll have a better shot in game 6 vs game 7, so Monday is the night. Or we play such a physical game that drains the Hawks for game 7, either way it's all about a tremendous performance Monday.

I think Smith did steal one last night, we just didn't put 2 pucks in the net. This game could have easily been a 5-1 Hawk win w/o Smith.

The power play, SOMETHING needs to change......let me throw out a radical idea. Without Hanzal we have no big body in front of Crawford which allows the Hawk PKers to stretch the D and we can never get started. Who is the biggest most immovable body on the Yotes? Klesla. Yeah, I recommend put Rusty on the PP park his big body in front of Crawford and create havoc. If Hanzal doesn't play that's what I would do.

Some players are clearly stepping up: Brule and Puliot would both terrific last night in addition to the goal they produced. Vermette continues to be steller. Pyatt is still digging, Gordon blocks every shot he can. Bods obviously when he's out there. Klesla and OEL superb. Yandle played better. Morris has played much better than expected

Rosey and AA are worn down and unfortunately the latter has been in the wrong place at the wrong in the 2 losses, maybe we need to mix in Stone to give one of them a break. Langkow needs to sit if any way possible next game, he was awful last night and looks like he's 3 steps behind everyone else on the ice. Korpri needs to step up. And Hanzal NEEDS to play Monday. I would be interested to what the Yotes record is when he's in the line-up.

So maybe Tip needs to call HIS stars out as Coach Q did. Hello Whitney, Vrbata (who looked better last night) and Doan. Monday night is all about you!!

Go Yotes, I still believe we'll get this done, but as usual, it won't come easy.

Last edited by AZviaNJ: 04-22-2012 at 11:34 AM.
AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:24 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Wait! The power play was quite effective in games 1-4 going about 25%. It just disappeared last night.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
ssmatik

Something that I find fascinating about last night's game is how much money has changed the game. There was a time when players really got up for the fans. Now....not so much. I've seen them play with more intensity in preseason games when there are 1000 people in the stands.
Now when they talk about their love for the crowd and playing for the fans it just comes off as phony as a NASCAR guy telling me he couldn't win without godaddy. Translation: I couldn't collect this sweet paycheck without you buying a ticket.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

No I don't

The team ran out of gas. We don't have the offensive power. The power play sucks.
The stupid league budget restrictions have caught up to us.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:56 AM
awfulwaffle

I'm not allowed to vote. But I don't think we will. We are so beat up on the ice. We have players playing hurt, which is expected, but you can tell they are hurt.

I don't know what Boedker's injury is, but he didn't come back last night.

Mike Smith is going to have to have a career game, like he did against Columbus down the stretch in order for us to win 1 more game and advance.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Weston

With how even this series has been, I really don't see the Hawks going on a 3 game winning streak (to force/win game 7)

Weston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

We can win, but unless we get Hanzal back I have a hard time seeing us overcome all the players we have out now or that are visibly injured on the ice. Boedker taking that shot off the foot and not coming back may well seal our fate. That said, if any goalie can steal one more win, its Smith. I won't panic until we're officially headed back to Phoenix for a game 7.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote