HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do You Still Believe We Will Win This Series?

View Poll Results: Do You Still Believe We Can Beat Chicago?
Yes, we will win in Game 6 or Game 7 47 61.84%
No, the Blackhawks will force Game 7 and win 21 27.63%
I refuse to answer either way 8 10.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1329
Coyotes have to win one of the next two or chicago has to lose one of the next two. We got this suckas!

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:30 PM
MIG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Coyotes have to win one of the next two or chicago has to lose one of the next two.
I'm not sure about that. What type of statistical analysis are you using?

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:31 PM
zz

Even after sleeping on it and getting rid of that bitter after taste, I still believe from the bottom of my heart that we're cooked.

No, Hanzal can't be close to ready. When you see a guy like Korpikoski playing 16 minutes on one leg, it gives you an idea of the severity of other injuries.

Shaw will be back, Crawford is playing well enough, and the Hawks have to be feeling pretty good about their chances right now.

My take: we're done with OT games. Chicago will win the next 2 games by a 2-goal margin.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:33 PM
MIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Even after sleeping on it and getting rid of that bitter after taste, I still believe from the bottom of my heart that we're cooked.

No, Hanzal can't be close to ready. When you see a guy like Korpikoski playing 16 minutes on one leg, it gives you an idea of the severity of other injuries.

Shaw will be back, Crawford is playing well enough, and the Hawks have to be feeling pretty good about their chances right now.

My take: we're done with OT games. Chicago will win the next 2 games by a 2-goal margin.
Optimism is free, and you sir, need to run out and get some!

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
Optimism is free, and you sir, need to run out and get some!
I had a lot of it up to last night. But the only difference right now between this series and last year's is our goalie. Our current roster can't keep up.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Naurutger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I had a lot of it up to last night. But the only difference right now between this series and last year's is our goalie. Our current roster can't keep up.
That "goalie" got an assist last night, no reason he wont get the game winner on Monday

Old
04-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Tough call. We've seen this act from Chicago up here in Vancouver before of course. Twice actually. Down 3-0 or 3-1 and they come storming back. They only seem to play well when desperate, confronted with elimination. Clearly the Torre's suspension was a distraction but obviously, more fundamentally & importantly the Coyotes appeared listless, beaten up, exhausted. Doan was clearly un-happy with his game, upset with himself that he missed that shorthanded opportunity in the 3rd to put it away.

Shots for or against are really quite meaningless. Its the quality of those opportunities that are crucial, and the Hawks were shooting the majority of their chances from outside, and when they were quality, Smith was more than up to the task. Goaltending, team defence & special teams, staying out of the box & putting the other guys in it can win it. Even beaten up & tired, your system combined with some repeat performances from the likes of Brule' (a former Vancouver Giant & that teams Captain) and your 60 minutes away from saying hello to Nashville, and I like your chances against the Predators as well.

So you lost the battle, no biggie. Today they can rest, lick their wounds, recuperate. Youve got the upper hand on a team that though more talented & explosive on the attack can in fact be taken off their game, stymied & frustrated, caused to react emotionally & wind up playing shorthanded more often than not. Smith is outplaying Chicago's goaltending by a country mile, excellent positioning, controlling rebounds for the most part, the team playing tight defensively even last night in what couldve been game over for Chicago but for a bad bounce.

Hang in, Believe....

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

What is Hanzal's injury BTW?

At 1st, it sounded like Hanzal was going be back sooner than Korpi based on the tweets from practice and yet it's the other way around now.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Sometimes I think we have a disproportionate amount of chicken little fans but then again I suppose given the franchise's history it makes sense.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:58 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Sometimes I think we have a disproportionate amount of chicken little fans but then again I suppose given the franchise's history it makes sense.
Hey, I hope I'm wrong here. And honestly, no, I'm not making a panicked statement. If you had asked me 2 weeks ago if this had a chance of going at least 1-1-0 against Chicago without Hanzal, Torres, Korpikoski, Hanzal, Boedker and Vrbata playing 100%, I would have said "no way". But I guess that's being a *****.

Old
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Howlinyote21

Watching the game last night I noticed a few things... Korpi definitely wasn't 100 percent, Vrbata looks to not be up to par either - he seemed to be a bit slow and just not what I am used to seeing out of him, Whitney - I can't figure out what is going on with him - he looked so out of it.

Chicago looked pretty lethargic until the end of the game. Crawford had a decent game - but who wouldn't with so few sog's? If we pepper him - we can beat the Hawk's imo if the rest of our team steps it up...

I am the eternal optimist - AND I won't be able to live with the Hawk's fan I have to live with....(he gloated all night last night)

Howlinyote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:47 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post

At 1st, it sounded like Hanzal was going be back sooner than Korpi based on the tweets from practice and yet it's the other way around now.
I get the impression that bringing back Hanzal is a last resort option. After seeing Korpikoski limping around, I hope he returns sooner than waiting for the 7th game.

The Coyotes haven't divulged the status of the injury...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

We need Hanzal back, and then I like our chances. Last game was terrible, we had no scoring opportunities, played way too defensive, and took way too little shots on Crawford. We need to be better, we can win one more game, but not if we play like last night.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:03 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
How 'bout it!

We've got two games to win one and we're forcing our game on 'em. Why would'nt we still be able to win?

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
BigGumby

Exactly, I look at it this way, the franchise hadn't won two games in a row in the postseason since 1987, did we really expect them to win three?

So the boys took a night off so they could be well rested for Game 6. If they play the same way tomorrow night, then we can get put our hand over the panic button, but we still have two chances to seal the deal.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:38 PM
knowsthegame

I have to believe we will win. So far, with the exsception of 2 goals by Toews, we have shut down Kane, Sharpe and Keith, and Hossa is out. We have held the Hawks to 1 or 2 goals a game and managed to win 3 games in OT.
We have solid D and Smith is better than Crawford.
We will take the game and the series Monday night.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:54 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
I'm thinking that if Korpi can only go 60 or 70 per cent we should go with someone else. Not sure who that would be, though.

GiveAFlyingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:00 PM
DesertDawg

you gotta believe

go kai-yotes

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm too pissed off to answer with any kind of level head.

I really, really hope they win tomorrow. I won't be able to even get caught up to live if they end up in a game seven. Every game so far, I'm live by the third period. Wednesday, the game will already be over before I start it. Just win tomorrow Yotes. Just win.

04-22-2012, 11:23 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxYotes85 View Post
Nope, this series is over. We had chance to close them out and we put up a pathetic 19 shots including overtime at home. While Blackhawks shoot 38 frickin times. We might have different team then we had in 1999 but same results. This organization just cares bout bringing tough players in here that play defense but when it comes to offense they are horrible. Where is the team that forced 7 games against red wings few years ago? The team that beat the wings on the road like 5-1 or 5-2 if I recall correctly. Where is the urgency in this game. Botttom line is, Yotes play poorly when they're tied, or lead by a goal. Imagine if yotes faced Flyers in first round. They would easily score 4 goals in first period and game would be over. The coyotes need to bring in players that can skate fast and score goals. Defense won't just get u a stanley cup you need offense as well. Anyways, I'm just a sick coyotes fan right now and don't want see us in second round against Predators. They will murder us and we won't have a chance.
lol I got a good laugh from this.

As a hawks fan, I have to say, I'm really not optimistic at all. The yotes have pretty much exposed us as a perimeter team that plays questionable defense. Our PP that was bad all year is also failing us in a big way this series.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

And sometimes I find MY lack of faith disturbing. All this year, the team has pulled off things that I never imagined possible. I was worried that they wouldn't make the playoffs...the took the Pacific.

I didn't imagine them being up 3-1 against the Hawks, I knew Chicago would fight to make it 3-2 instead of 4-1. I'm really hoping they pull it off tonight. I find it way too easy to imagine how I'll feel watching a game 7 and losing in OT, but really, really would like to see how it feels to watch game 6 and win.

I know that they CAN do it. But will they be able to get it together and pull it off, hopefully tonight? Man, I would love to see that. I would actually prefer to see them take it in Chicago and then not have to play game 7 at all rather than risk losing it at home in game 7. Sure, it'd be wonderful to win at home - but not preferable to winning game 6!

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
OKHoosier41218

Right now, I'm still optimistic about this series. However, if the Hawks force a game 7 that optimism is out the window.

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Naurutger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
lol I got a good laugh from this.

As a hawks fan, I have to say, I'm really not optimistic at all. The yotes have pretty much exposed us as a perimeter team that plays questionable defense. Our PP that was bad all year is also failing us in a big way this series.
This is the case of both team's fan bases relying on the past. Chicago came back from 3-0 to force an overtime in game 7 last year. The Coyotes have coughed up 3-1 and 3-2 series leads several times; 10 years ago that is. If I am a Hawks fan, I would believe I have a better shot than if I am a Coyotes fan. You should be cocky, but glad you posted what you did.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post

Hanzal has an abdominal injury, they are difficult to get through in that hockey players rely on so many core muscle groups to get their strength and explosiveness.

mesamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:46 AM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Hanzal has an abdominal injury, they are difficult to get through in that hockey players rely on so many core muscle groups to get their strength and explosiveness.

That is also what I have heard.

And yes, it's a ***** to get through. Remember Al Secord?

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote