HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Yakupov/1st to your team V 2.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
  #51
nzoilerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
other teams/fans can argue all they want about fair value etc etc. But at the end of they day your not going to get fair value trading for the first overall pick. It takes a huge overpayment. Oilers won't deal it for anything less.

Oilers will take Yakupov and then look for blueline help afterwards. 32nd overall+Paajarvi+Pitlick/Hamilton for which Dman??

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
  #52
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I don't see why the Oilers would trade 1st overall.

Take Nail first overall ,then use the high 2nd on a blueliner.
....like Dalton Thrower. Would even toss the Kings 3rd rder (76th) to move up to27/28ish to make that happen. Has a lot of similar qualities to Kris Letang.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
  #53
Cypher
#GenieArmy
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,462
vCash: 50
To CLB

1st Overall Pick
PRV
Lander
Omark
Horcoff

TO EDM

Nash

Thoughts?

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:52 PM
  #54
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
To CLB

1st Overall Pick
PRV
Lander
Omark
Horcoff

TO EDM

Nash

Thoughts?
Oh my


Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:04 PM
  #55
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
To CLB

1st Overall Pick
PRV
Lander
Omark
Horcoff

TO EDM

Nash

Thoughts?
no so bad for edm.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:10 PM
  #56
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
There is no way he would go first over all in any of the last 5 drafts, or in next years draft....
The player has to be looked at, not the magic 1st first overall beside his name.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:14 PM
  #57
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
I think this looks like the weakest draft in years and I think people are over valuing all of the top five picks

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:19 PM
  #58
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
There is no way he would go first over all in any of the last 5 drafts, or in next years draft....
The player has to be looked at, not the magic 1st first overall beside his name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
I think this looks like the weakest draft in years and I think people are over valuing all of the top five picks
It's a bit of an overused argument on these boards but unless you can predict the future then this is just an opinion. And while I'll respect your opinion I won't confuse it with fact.


The prospects board had him above Hall and some had him over RNH in the first overall re-draft, FWIW.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:21 PM
  #59
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
It's a bit of an overused argument on these boards but unless you can predict the future then this is just an opinion. And while I'll respect your opinion I won't confuse it with fact.


The prospects board had him above Hall and some had him over RNH in the first overall re-draft, FWIW.
Stu MacGregor (Edmonton's head scout) comments on it during the latest episode of "Oil Change." That said - look at Yakupov's stats against Stamkos, Hall, Hopkins, etc.

Rare talent.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
  #60
NYRfan68
Registered User
 
NYRfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 500
Dubinsky, Choice of Del Zotto or Staal, 1st, 2nd

NYRfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
  #61
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Stu MacGregor (Edmonton's head scout) comments on it during the latest episode of "Oil Change." That said - look at Yakupov's stats against Stamkos, Hall, Hopkins, etc.

Rare talent.
Stamkos had 114goals in his two years of jr, but you never know yakapov might be the best guy to come out of the ohl in years or he might never crack the oilers wicked top line.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
  #62
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Stamkos had 114goals in his two years of jr, but you never know yakapov might be the best guy to come out of the ohl in years or he might never crack the oilers wicked top line.
Yep - I was shocked when Yakupov broke Stamkos' 92 point season with 101 through 65 games.

Explosive player.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:48 PM
  #63
SaskOil*
u mad
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskabush
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
To CLB

1st Overall Pick
PRV
Lander
Omark
Horcoff

TO EDM

Nash

Thoughts?
I think we'd have to add Eberle to make it fair.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:49 PM
  #64
LotteryForLife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
IMO proposals
EDM 1st for CLB 1st+2nd+mid-prospect
EDM 1st for MTL 1st+Beaulieu
EDM 1st for NYI 1st+2nd+De Haan
EDM 1st for TML 1st+Schenn
Isles do that. Makes sense for both teams and Tavares and Yakupov would be some duo

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:15 PM
  #65
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Isles do that. Makes sense for both teams and Tavares and Yakupov would be some duo
None of those deals are interesting enough to potentially lose out on a 40G scorer. Yakupov would instantly give us scoring depth and for a team to pry that away it will likely take more than a lower pick and a decent young player+.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
  #66
LotteryForLife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
To CLB

1st Overall Pick
PRV
Lander
Omark
Horcoff

TO EDM

Nash

Thoughts?
Your an Oiler fan? The top pick alone should get you Nash. Maybe you need to add a little but I doubt it

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
  #67
LotteryForLife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
None of those deals are interesting enough to potentially lose out on a 40G scorer. Yakupov would instantly give us scoring depth and for a team to pry that away it will likely take more than a lower pick and a decent young player+.
I'd rather nad Forsberg at 4 anyway. He may be the best player in this draft when we look back in 5 years

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:38 PM
  #68
LotteryForLife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Dubinsky, Choice of Del Zotto or Staal, 1st, 2nd
Haha. Dubinsky...you wouldn't get a bag of pucks for him

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
  #69
NYRfan68
Registered User
 
NYRfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Haha. Dubinsky...you wouldn't get a bag of pucks for him
Really?
You had to tell me that again in a completely different thread lol...
I get it, you don't like him...

NYRfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:40 PM
  #70
Ovechking
Registered User
 
Ovechking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Dubinsky, Choice of Del Zotto or Staal, 1st, 2nd
Obviously Edmonton would take that trade. Especially if it were Staal.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:43 PM
  #71
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Really?
You had to tell me that again in a completely different thread lol...
I get it, you don't like him...
I like him

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:52 PM
  #72
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
I'd rather nad Forsberg at 4 anyway. He may be the best player in this draft when we look back in 5 years
Sure, it's totally possible. But the same can be said for Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, and maybe a few of the d-men too. It's more likely that Yakupov will be the best player from the draft, but it isn't a certainty.

I kinda expected you guys to be looking at Murphy or Dumba to be honest. They could also turn out to be the best player from the draft and could help your D in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Obviously Edmonton would take that trade. Especially if it were Staal.
Seriously? Why? Why give up a potential franchise player for a 2nd liner, a 3/4 D, and a late 1st and 2nd? I would hate it if Tambo made a deal like that. I want a number 1 D coming back(which won't happen), or else we just take Yakupov.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:15 PM
  #73
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
To CLB

1st Overall Pick
PRV
Lander
Omark
Horcoff

TO EDM

Nash

Thoughts?
Columbus might not like that one.... how about prv, lander, omark, horcoff to columbus for their next 3 first round picks!!!!! howson is done anyway, he can come back and be an assistant gm here again, but fire lowe! now that the dream world is over....

how about we steady the course. stock pile the high end talent. and develop the guys we got. i don't want nash. i would say trade to nyi for their pick (forsberg) and dehaan... but i don't want anymore swedes either. the eta on pitlick and hamilton is one more year in the ahl. and our defensive prospects will start coming in next season. what a year for petry! leaving no room for smyth, horcoff, belanger, whitney, potter, and peckham. est. 2 years...

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:26 PM
  #74
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!
 
Clownpipe*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bhancoubhair
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Obviously Edmonton would take that trade. Especially if it were Staal.
Not even close. Staal is damaged goods. He needs another year to re-assert himself. This is not a gamble any team with the 1st pick would make. Even more to the point, he is too similar to Smid/Schultz for the Oilers to really GAF. Yakupov will add much more to the team and the Oilers will draft him without hesitation.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:41 PM
  #75
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Columbus might not like that one.... how about prv, lander, omark, horcoff to columbus for their next 3 first round picks!!!!! howson is done anyway, he can come back and be an assistant gm here again, but fire lowe! now that the dream world is over....

how about we steady the course. stock pile the high end talent. and develop the guys we got. i don't want nash. i would say trade to nyi for their pick (forsberg) and dehaan... but i don't want anymore swedes either. the eta on pitlick and hamilton is one more year in the ahl. and our defensive prospects will start coming in next season. what a year for petry! leaving no room for smyth, horcoff, belanger, whitney, potter, and peckham. est. 2 years...
I wouldn't trade for Isles first + De Haan, not That I dont think it's a decent package though.

The OKC Barons have put a focus on winning rather than development. Hamilton and Pitlick have both been used sparingly all season, and I doubt their roles would increase too substantially next season. I see them at least two or three seasons away from steady NHL spots.

Our defencemen are probably further away than that. Lots of good talent but still very raw for a lot of them.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.