HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All Yakupov/1st to your team V 2.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2012, 10:47 AM
  #101
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Everyone knows that Edmonton wants Murray. Lowe invited him to Team Canada for God's sake . Unless Edmonton trades the 1st overall to a team in 6+ overall plus range, they won't get an arm and a leg for that pick. Go ahead and pick Yakupov. We'll take Murray and wait for you to overpay for him. And before you use the we'll trade Gagner argument, go ahead. You won't get much for him.
That was when EDM was selecting 2nd overall. I am sure EDM will just have to bite the bullet and select a franchise player in Yakupov over a Dman who might not even be worth a top 5 pick to many other teams.
MTL can go ahead and select Murray

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:50 AM
  #102
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Deal. Edm selects Colton Sissons or Dalton Thrower with the pick.
amusing how this was proposed by a non Bruin fan.. responded with "EDM takes this and runs" by an Oiler fan... ammended by another EDM fan... and now is approved by another Oiler fan.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
  #103
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
That was when EDM was selecting 2nd overall. I am sure EDM will just have to bite the bullet and select a franchise player in Yakupov over a Dman who might not even be worth a top 5 pick to many other teams.
MTL can go ahead and select Murray
I don't see Edmonton taking him unless it's to trade one of your franchise forwards for a franchise blue liner. Many teams will call Edmonton's bluff, whether to get the 1st overall or to pry away one of your franchise forwards. You have a lot of defensemen, granted, but nobody's who's franchise caliber.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:04 AM
  #104
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't see Edmonton taking him unless it's to trade one of your franchise forwards for a franchise blue liner. Many teams will call Edmonton's bluff, whether to get the 1st overall or to pry away one of your franchise forwards. You have a lot of defensemen, granted, but nobody's who's franchise caliber.
Klefbom might be. Great leap forward this year, between his play for Färjestads BK and his WJC, where he was named to the WJC all star team.

Yakupov is clearly a step above the rest. Unless a team comes in with a compelling offer, Edmonton will take him.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:11 AM
  #105
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
... Seriously? Why? Why give up a potential franchise player for a 2nd liner, a 3/4 D, and a late 1st and 2nd? I would hate it if Tambo made a deal like that. I want a number 1 D coming back(which won't happen), or else we just take Yakupov.
To each their own. Your comments are relative to Gaborat's proposed:
Dubinsky, Choice of Del Zotto or Staal, 1st, 2nd
for
Yakupov

I think you're getting a better fit with my proposed Girardi, who would be a puck vacuum

However, while Staal has finally shown a lot more rust is off and has stepped up with the playoffs, returning closer to a form where he is the top shutdown D in the league, if you were to go with MDZ, I would not classify him as a generic 3/4 D.

He may be 3/4 D on Rangers because of McDonagh + Girardi + Staal, but on most teams he is a 1.

While Girardi is less than McDonagh, or the complete package of Shea Weber and a few others, he is a top 1 D; while others prefer the offensive skill set of Letang and Doughty, Girardi is superior to these guys defensively, and is a better fit given your existing sniper firepower.

Stepan needs to fill out, add muscle. He's still a kid. He has great smarts and terrific puck distribution.

Something around Girardi + Stepan + for Yakupov.
You don't want Dubi, fine make a suggestion.

As I said, IMO we'll go as high as 2 snipers for 2 D + other assets.
Taylor Hall is off for you guys.
McDonagh is off for us.

See if we can't come up with something we are both happy with, whether 1 or 2 snipers.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:11 AM
  #106
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Klefbom might be. Great leap forward this year, between his play for Färjestads BK and his WJC, where he was named to the WJC all star team.

Yakupov is clearly a step above the rest. Unless a team comes in with a compelling offer, Edmonton will take him.
My point is that I think Edmonton will have to accept a little less than they'd hope for because teams know they need a Murray more than a Yakupov.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:17 AM
  #107
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
My point is that I think Edmonton will have to accept a little less than they'd hope for because teams know they need a Murray more than a Yakupov.
A team in 29th can't afford to take less. Based on comments by Stu MacGregor (Edmonton's chief scout) they'll be taking the best player available. I'd be shocked if they trade the pick.

Closest to a deal I could see, would be something like (1stOA) Yakupov and Johansen for (2ndOA) Murray and Gagner. Edmonton gets a big second line centre for a smaller second line center.

I can't see CBJ, even with their need for goals and points, making this deal, however.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
  #108
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't see Edmonton taking him unless it's to trade one of your franchise forwards for a franchise blue liner. Many teams will call Edmonton's bluff, whether to get the 1st overall or to pry away one of your franchise forwards. You have a lot of defensemen, granted, but nobody's who's franchise caliber.
Not sure where the 'bluff' comes from. Its not like EDM has no room for Yakupov and it is not like EDM must trade one of the 'franchise' forwards for D.
EDM has the luxury to stay the course unless a knock your socks off deal like Subban+MTL 1st + is offered for the 1st overall.

Murray will be good but is far from a surefire franchise Dman.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
  #109
LuongosTirePump
Registered User
 
LuongosTirePump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Van: Edler + 1st

for

Edm: First overall.

LuongosTirePump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:37 PM
  #110
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 500
Marc Staal + 2nd rd pick for Edm's first overall?

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
  #111
archangel archangel
Registered User
 
archangel archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuongosTirePump View Post
Van: Edler + 1st

for

Edm: First overall.
Before the flamming begins. This is Vancouver humour back in form

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
  #112
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Alex Edler (Turned 26 Yesterday)
1st Round Pick (26th Overall)

I'm fairly sure the Canucks will be moving into a pacific division that will not include the Oilers within the next couple of years, so the "no trading in the division" argument is out the window for me at least. Oilers get a young top pairing defenseman who can step into their lineup next season and make a big difference, and a lower first round pick to make up the difference. Canucks need another scorer, Yakupov should fill that need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuongosTirePump View Post
Van: Edler + 1st

for

Edm: First overall.
Doubt EDM touches this.. Fans, GMs and scouts of other teams dont live in caves. Edler wasnt very good vs LA and is signed for only 1 more season.

whats next ? Luongo + 1st for Hall ?

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
  #113
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Marc Staal + Lundqvist for Edm's first overall?
not fixed but its better.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
  #114
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
To each their own. Your comments are relative to Gaborat's proposed:
Dubinsky, Choice of Del Zotto or Staal, 1st, 2nd
for
Yakupov

I think you're getting a better fit with my proposed Girardi, who would be a puck vacuum

However, while Staal has finally shown a lot more rust is off and has stepped up with the playoffs, returning closer to a form where he is the top shutdown D in the league, if you were to go with MDZ, I would not classify him as a generic 3/4 D.

He may be 3/4 D on Rangers because of McDonagh + Girardi + Staal, but on most teams he is a 1.

While Girardi is less than McDonagh, or the complete package of Shea Weber and a few others, he is a top 1 D; while others prefer the offensive skill set of Letang and Doughty, Girardi is superior to these guys defensively, and is a better fit given your existing sniper firepower.

Stepan needs to fill out, add muscle. He's still a kid. He has great smarts and terrific puck distribution.

Something around Girardi + Stepan + for Yakupov.
You don't want Dubi, fine make a suggestion.

As I said, IMO we'll go as high as 2 snipers for 2 D + other assets.
Taylor Hall is off for you guys.
McDonagh is off for us.

See if we can't come up with something we are both happy with, whether 1 or 2 snipers.
We don't need to be convinced of anything. We don't have to move the pick. Our last poll had 90%+ support for taking Yakupov with a bunch of no votes from fans of other teams.

Nothing you offered up would be worth losing a younger, better version of Gaborik. You say McDonagh isn't on the table, I say he isn't close to enough to get a deal done for Yakupov. I don't think there is a deal to be made. Keep your guys. We'll happily take Nail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
My point is that I think Edmonton will have to accept a little less than they'd hope for because teams know they need a Murray more than a Yakupov.
We need both a Murray and a Yakupov, and Murrays are easier to find via trade, draft or FA. There is no bluff from us about taking Yakupov that can be called. If the offer isn't insane, we take the kid. End of story.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
  #115
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
My point is that I think Edmonton will have to accept a little less than they'd hope for because teams know they need a Murray more than a Yakupov.
I think that you have it twisted. Teams will inquire about the 1st overall pick because Yakupov is clearly above the rest, the Oilers will be content drafting the best player and making a strong pitch for Justin Schultz unless a team is willing to drastically overpay for Yakupov, there is no huge need to trade down and draft Murray. The Oilers hold all the cards here, they have the main prize in their hands.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
  #116
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Deal. Edm selects Colton Sissons or Dalton Thrower with the pick.

This trade would make the oilers a playoff team next year. Future Oilers

Oilers then trade Sam Gagner and 2013 1st to pittsburg for Jordan Staal

Hall-Nugent Hopkins-Eberle
Paajarvi-Staal-Hemsky
Hartikainen-Lander-Sissons
Ewanyk-Free Agent-Jones

Hamilton-Klefbom
Smid-Petry
Musil-Gernat/Davidson

Rask
Bunz
First off that will not be our team next year, if it was we would not make the playoffs. Would love to get Staal as our top 2 centreman, he is just what we need, hell every team needs pretty well. I can't see Shultz not being on our team in two years he is a top shut down dman.

Halmilton, Klefbom, Musil, Gernet, and Davidson are all at least two more seasons away and we can't have 5 rookie dmen on our team all at once.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
  #117
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
We need both a Murray and a Yakupov, and Murrays are easier to find via trade, draft or FA. There is no bluff from us about taking Yakupov that can be called. If the offer isn't insane, we take the kid. End of story.
If Murrary's were so easy to find you would think Edmonton would have one by now

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
  #118
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
If Murrary's were so easy to find you would think Edmonton would have one by now
"But even among the acknowledged strength of this draft, while there is very good depth, there is very little marquee, star quality to the top guys. In fact, we don't see a true No. 1 blue-liner emerging out of this year's crop. While a kid like Ryan Murray might have great value as a smooth-skating, savvy shutdown defender who can move the puck and will be a captain in the league for 10 years, his style of play is more along the lines of a Kevin Lowe or a Glen Wesley rather than a Paul Coffey." Kyle Woodief, Redline Report

Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
  #119
Ranfordrocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
if i was to deal 1st overall pick it be to 1 team buffalo sabres

for 1 player Tyler Myers would make most sence dunno if sabres would go for that

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
  #120
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
If Murrary's were so easy to find you would think Edmonton would have one by now
You mean like when we picked up Pronger, or Visnovsky, or Pitkanen or Souray? And I didn't say top pairing D were easy to get, just that they were easier to find than 40g scorers.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  #121
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1
 
Mc5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Everyone knows that Edmonton wants Murray. Lowe invited him to Team Canada for God's sake . Unless Edmonton trades the 1st overall to a team in 6+ overall plus range, they won't get an arm and a leg for that pick. Go ahead and pick Yakupov. We'll take Murray and wait for you to overpay for him. And before you use the we'll trade Gagner argument, go ahead. You won't get much for him.
That doesn't mean Edmonton wants Murray.

They might just want to get a better look at him. I also read that it could be a favour to another team that has a pick in Murray's range.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:06 PM
  #122
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1
 
Mc5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Alex Edler (Turned 26 Yesterday)
1st Round Pick (26th Overall)

I'm fairly sure the Canucks will be moving into a pacific division that will not include the Oilers within the next couple of years, so the "no trading in the division" argument is out the window for me at least. Oilers get a young top pairing defenseman who can step into their lineup next season and make a big difference, and a lower first round pick to make up the difference. Canucks need another scorer, Yakupov should fill that need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuongosTirePump View Post
Van: Edler + 1st

for

Edm: First overall.
LOL! Within the first 24 hours of Vancouver being eliminated in series where Edler performed poorly we have these popping up.

Think of it from our perspective. Would you trade Yakupov for Edler and a 26th overall? Do you know how ****** 26th overall picks are?

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
  #123
jerrywally23*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
If Bruins are up for it:

To BOS:
Nail Yakupov
Devyn Dubnyk
31st/32nd overall

To EDM:
Tuuka Rask
Dougie Hamilton
BOS 1st
Bos 2nd
If You ignore the numours times Bostons GM Peter Chiarelli has Stated that Rask is in Bostons Future, and the fact that the Bruins Do Not have any Goalie prospects that are even close to being NHL ready. Hamilton is the only good Defense prospect Boston has.

at this time, I don't think the Bruins and Oilers make good trading partners. The Bruins can't afford to trade Rask and Hamilton for reasons stated above, and the Oilers need a #1 Goalie and a Top D-man.


Last edited by jerrywally23*: 04-23-2012 at 04:54 PM.
jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
  #124
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,263
vCash: 500
I don't see Murray being a superstar no.1 D-Man either.

Not very physical at all and doesn't have explosive offensive numbers in junior. Well below Doughty and behind Pietranglo too.

Not good enough to be a no.1 pick or be to moved down for from the no.1 spot unless something monstrous is coming back with him (ie: Johansson).

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
  #125
M Ace
Registered User
 
M Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Örebro, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
If Murrary's were so easy to find you would think Edmonton would have one by now
We have Oscar Klefbom who is in the same range of potential as Ryan Murray...

M Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.