HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Yakupov/1st to your team V 2.0

Old
04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Calvin De Haan is not on the same level as Ryan Murphy. Not even close. He has never been a ppg player. Never mind scoring anywhere close to 26 goals in his draft year.

Skinner is proven in the league, at least to a degree, Yakupov is not, although Im sure he will be a very good player, he is largely unproven, at least at the nhl level.

Also, the difference between #4 and #8 this year, is not that great imo.

So, your proposal isnt close to what I am proposing.
I didn't realize OHL stats were the be all, end all, when it came to assessing prospects.

So he didn't have a ppg in his draft year (63pts in 68 games), neither did Shea Weber or Kris Letang. What you failed to mention is that De Haan was good enough to make the World Junior team which Murphy has not (though I would think he'd be a lock for next year). They are different in terms of style (De Haan being more well rounded), but if you want to give the edge to Murphy I won't argue (more dynamic), all I'm saying is the difference isn't anywhere near as extreme as you make it out to be.

That difference is of course being balanced out by the higher pick. Murray could be there at 4, but probably isn't at 8.

Yakupov should be as good as Skinner on the low end of expectations.

I'm really not sure how I could have come up with a better comparable to be honest. I guess if I had watched the one game you saw of Murphy I'd be having the same wet dream you seem to be having over the kid. I've learned to temper my excitement when watching a CHL game...... at least until Rob Schremp is inducted into the hockey hall of fame.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:25 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Nail's a good prospect, but let's not pretend he's a sure thing superstar here. I'm not even convinced that he'll be as good as Hall. Giving up a top offensive dman prospect and a pick that's a guarantee to have the chance to pick one of the next tier of prospects isn't worth it.
nobody that i know of is saying Nail will be a superstar, but c'mon! "good" prospect? he'll probably be more than "good". maybe he won't be as good as Hall, but maybe he will? who's to say he can't be? but seriously, you can't compare him to Ryan Murphy who's a whole lot less of a guarantee to be an effective NHLer right now, plus a #8 pick of players who are considered a drop off from where Nail is.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Brock Anton
#habs #bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
nobody that i know of is saying Nail will be a superstar, but c'mon! "good" prospect? he'll probably be more than "good". maybe he won't be as good as Hall, but maybe he will? who's to say he can't be? but seriously, you can't compare him to Ryan Murphy who's a whole lot less of a guarantee to be an effective NHLer right now, plus a #8 pick of players who are considered a drop off from where Nail is.
How so?

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I didn't realize OHL stats were the be all, end all, when it came to assessing prospects.

So he didn't have a ppg in his draft year (63pts in 68 games), neither did Shea Weber or Kris Letang. What you failed to mention is that De Haan was good enough to make the World Junior team which Murphy has not (though I would think he'd be a lock for next year). They are different in terms of style (De Haan being more well rounded), but if you want to give the edge to Murphy I won't argue (more dynamic), all I'm saying is the difference isn't anywhere near as extreme as you make it out to be.

That difference is of course being balanced out by the higher pick. Murray could be there at 4, but probably isn't at 8.

I'm really not sure how I could have come up with a better comparable to be honest. I guess if I had watched the one game you saw of Murphy I'd be having the same wet dream you seem to be having over the kid. I've learned to temper my excitement when watching a CHL game...... at least until Rob Schremp is inducted into the hockey hall of fame.
I bow down to your hockey brilliance.

Why did I not realize that Ryan Murphy was really Calvin de Haan in sheep's clothing? You know, the same Calvin de Haan that is being called a disappointment and a bust by Islander fans.

I guess Murphy scoring 13pts at last years u18 tourney would be right up de Haan's alley too?

Hilarious that you would attempt to belittle someone when you clearly dont have the foggiest.

Here's a little game we could play, I will take Skinner and Murphy, and you can have Yakupov and de Haan, and whomever's combo scores the least amount of points in the nhl next year, leaves HF for one whole year.

You in?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Dont get carried away, its not an absolute horrible trade. Edler is a #1 Dman.
But it would take ALOT more then that to trade within the division.
Good post. Edler is a 45-50 point PMD which the Oilers desperately need with Smid, Schultz, Sutton, Peckham playing the "stay at home" roles. But he's also a rental

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
How so?
Its simple really. Professional scouts rank players by what they believe is the players potential in the NHL. Yakupov is the consensus #1 pick meaning that pretty much every pro-scout/media personality means this player has the best chance to be an impact NHL'er. Murphy was drafted 12th. It's your right to disagree though.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Homesick

Quote:
I bow down to your hockey brilliance.

Why did I not realize that Ryan Murphy was really Calvin de Haan in sheep's clothing? You know, the same Calvin de Haan that is being called a disappointment and a bust by Islander fans.

I guess Murphy scoring 13pts at last years u18 tourney would be right up de Haan's alley too?

Hilarious that you would attempt to belittle someone when you clearly dont have the foggiest.

Here's a little game we could play, I will take Skinner and Murphy, and you can have Yakupov and de Haan, and whomever's combo scores the least amount of points in the nhl next year, leaves HF for one whole year.

You in?
**** that sounds like a no brainer Either way no IATL for a whole year???? JK If people didnt disagree threads would die after the OP

Old
04-24-2012, 01:06 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

If i needed a laugh tonight, this thread delivered!

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:07 AM
lakai17

Quote:

You in?
you believe Murphy is a lock to make the Canes next season? Yakupov will make the jump with the Oilers, DeHaan I am not too sure but playing in the AHL for a season was valuable for his career.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:09 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

HELL NO from Edmonton

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:14 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
**** that sounds like a no brainer Either way no IATL for a whole year???? JK If people didnt disagree threads would die after the OP
The disagreement is welcome.

Its the other garbage I could do without.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
you believe Murphy is a lock to make the Canes next season? Yakupov will make the jump with the Oilers, DeHaan I am not too sure but playing in the AHL for a season was valuable for his career.
Im not too worried about the Alex Plante of the NYI's.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:18 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
Gagner + 2nd

for

Sedins

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:50 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
Gagner + 2nd

for

Sedins
Wow, that offer is insulting...

The Canucks would have to add a seventh rounder.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Three Peat YOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
How so?
(the way I see it)

Yakupov will at least be a 60 point player, unless injuries completely derail his career.

Murphy is a boom or bust prospect. He has amazing natural talents, but it is questionable if his game can translate to the NHL.

Can he make plays/lead rushes at an NHL level?

Can he handle the physical demands of playing ~80 games a year against men?

Can he provide adequate defense with the physical tools he has?

These are questions (mainly 2/3) that don't really apply to Yakupov.

Having said that, I think that Murphy's skillset, at its greatest potential, can make him a star in the NHL. The question is will his game translate?

For example, I have read articles that both Grigorenko and Galchenyuk both have the potential to be better than Yakupov. But Yakupov has the best chance to reach his potential and stick around in the NHL, because he plays a style that is suited to NHL hockey.

These are all educated guesses, but that's how I see it.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

After thinking this over for a good hour.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................HELL NO

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:19 AM
5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

Oilers fan saying no. If we had #2 I'd do it, but #1 is considerably more valuable.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:46 AM
LuongosTirePump

Ha take is easy guys, half hearted Edler proposal, but seriously...Edmonton would kill for an Edler on their blueline, probably just not at the cost of the first overall. Honestly though, I don't think it's too far off, however I never post proposals so...

And for the record I don't want the Canucks to trade Edler, I think that would be a terrible idea.

LuongosTirePump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:27 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
From an Oil fan POV this isn't a horrible offer... but I think Edmonton would rather a young effective roster player to go along with a high draft pick.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:45 AM
jerrywally23*

Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Hamilton, Rask are all Untouchable

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
The team has scored 46 goals in 14 games!
And Reider has 27 points while Murphy has 19. Liquor is right, aside from Rieder, Murphy and Catenacci the Rangers have had very little offense.

I love Murphy, but I would not make this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

I disagree. The difference between Muprhy and De Haan is significant. Murphy has elite skills in a number of areas. He is a tremendous skater. Think about Paul Coffey here and you are not so far off. He has a big shot and outstanding hockey sense. He has even improved his defensive game a lot. His real problem is that he is on the small side and that brings with it question marks. However, as it turns out he's actually about the same size as a number of the game's top offensive dmen.

This really is not that far off in my mind. If the pick was #5 I'd probably do it.

Last edited by Fourier: 04-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Qrispy

No from Edm. Yakupov is way more of a sure thing than Carolina's 1st and Murphy.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Dumoulin would be the cheaper option boys.
Well, if by cheaper you mean a guy that isn't available, then, yeah. I know that anyone is available for the right price, but the Canes management is extremely high on Dumoulin and just signed him to his ELC. Whether it is warranted or not, they see him as a top defenseman in a few years. I suspect that anyone that wanted Dumoulin would have to pony up quite a bit (more than he's probably worth) to pry him from Carolina so I doubt he'd be as cheap as you think he is. The players Carolina would want are guys Edmonton wouldn't want to include in the deal.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:12 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 1014
Luongo + Bieksa or Edler for Nail?

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(