HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Artturi Lehkonen - KalPa, SM-Liiga (2013, 55th overall, Montreal)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
  #126
Leinomania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
The hit was just awfully, awfully late. If not for that, it would've been clean. And Lehkonen was caught admiring his own pass to a teammate and was not looking forward or expecting to be hit. Even when he had the puck he was in a fairly awkward position. Maybe more reason for Ruutu to skip his hit.

Yeah, another idiotic Ruutu moment and another pointless game misconduct when the game was 3-0 for Jokerit and only about 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd period.

Leinomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:09 PM
  #127
Tuomaz
Registered User
 
Tuomaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 5,568
vCash: 500
2nd concussion this season? That's going to hurt his draft position...

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  #128
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 19,734
vCash: 872
That was brutally late.

And as Tuomaz said, this will probably hurt his draft status. He's been on 2nd round on some lists, iirc and probably ends up there.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:07 PM
  #129
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,971
vCash: 1379
If the concussion makes him slide, someone's getting a major steal. I absolutely love this kid, would kill to grab him in the 2nd round.

Hope Artturi's okay, I hate seeing plays like this.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:43 PM
  #130
Christmas Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,946
vCash: 500
Would love to get him in the draft. Probably be drafting defense or centres around his spot in the draft though

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:41 AM
  #131
LoveHateLeafs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Is there any timeline on his return, or is Lehkonen done for the season?

LoveHateLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:03 AM
  #132
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 72,237
vCash: 50
I was hoping Pittsburgh would draft Lehkonen. If he has a concussion I reckon he'll drop down a fair bit.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:05 AM
  #133
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 16,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
If the concussion makes him slide, someone's getting a major steal. I absolutely love this kid, would kill to grab him in the 2nd round.

Hope Artturi's okay, I hate seeing plays like this.
It wasn't that bad hit. Lehkonen is just dwarf. If he can't handle hits like that he's going to get killed in NHL.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
  #134
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,108
vCash: 500
I would be shocked, if he gets drafted in the first 3 rounds. He is very skilled, no doubt about that, but he has all the traits that will derail a potential NHL career. He is short, very weak natural physique, fragile, not very fast. With that being said, his skills and hockey sense will make him a star player in Europe and AHL level, but I really doubt he manages to create a successful NHL career. I'd be happy eat my words though.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:49 AM
  #135
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
I would be shocked, if he gets drafted in the first 3 rounds. He is very skilled, no doubt about that, but he has all the traits that will derail a potential NHL career. He is short, very weak natural physique, fragile, not very fast. With that being said, his skills and hockey sense will make him a star player in Europe and AHL level, but I really doubt he manages to create a successful NHL career. I'd be happy eat my words though.
Sounds a lot like Granlund. What is it with small, smart Finnish players?

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:59 AM
  #136
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Sounds a lot like Granlund. What is it with small, smart Finnish players?
Granlund was on the different level on the physical side. I think that Lehkonen is faster on the skates. Lehkonen is still a 17 year old and likely top 60 player in this draft. Teuvo Teräväinen is for example as tall and weak and Lehkonen has looked better than Teuvo looked in his draft year. Teuvo was clear cut 1st rounder and was in the top 10 talks. This year is an deeper draft and the injuries can drop him out of the 1st round. His talent and upside are too much to pass in the 2nd round especially at the bottom part of that round.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:18 AM
  #137
CPFC
Registered User
 
CPFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Teuvo Teräväinen is for example as tall and weak and Lehkonen has looked better than Teuvo looked in his draft year. Teuvo was clear cut 1st rounder and was in the top 10 talks. This year is an deeper draft and the injuries can drop him out of the 1st round.
TT is clearly the better skater from these two. I've never actually seen him getting destroyed on the ice, as he has a very agile and fluid skating style, which keeps him out of trouble pretty effectively.

I'm doubtful whether Teräväinen can make it in the NHL, but I do think that his chances are a lot better than Lehkonen's. Skating is a defining attribute with these small prospects, so it's pretty understandable that TT got taken in the first round.

CPFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
  #138
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCZ View Post
TT is clearly the better skater from these two. I've never actually seen him getting destroyed on the ice, as he has a very agile and fluid skating style, which keeps him out of trouble pretty effectively.

I'm doubtful whether Teräväinen can make it in the NHL, but I do think that his chances are a lot better than Lehkonen's. Skating is a defining attribute with these small prospects, so it's pretty understandable that TT got taken in the first round.
I wouldn't call TT as much better skater than Lehkonen. There is not much difference speed wise but you're right that TT is very agile and fluid skater. Other thing is that Lehkonen is better two-way player of the two and stronger in puck battles. I would describe Lehkonens game as "sisu". I think that he is fearless and hard worker. But it have been the reason of the concussions. He need to find the way where he doesen't put himself in dangerous situations. I would call them pretty even prospects but TT over Lehkonen because of injury history and i believe that TT has highest potential offensively than any other finnish prospect. TT has homerun potential. But his bust rate isn't the lowest.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:22 PM
  #139
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
I wouldn't call TT as much better skater than Lehkonen. There is not much difference speed wise but you're right that TT is very agile and fluid skater. Other thing is that Lehkonen is better two-way player of the two and stronger in puck battles. I would describe Lehkonens game as "sisu". I think that he is fearless and hard worker. But it have been the reason of the concussions. He need to find the way where he doesen't put himself in dangerous situations. I would call them pretty even prospects but TT over Lehkonen because of injury history and i believe that TT has highest potential offensively than any other finnish prospect. TT has homerun potential. But his bust rate isn't the lowest.
I agree with most of what you said. I'd describe TT as 'slippery', he's a fine skater and doesn't get crushed on a regular basis. Lehkonen is maybe a little too fearless considering his lack of size and strength for now. I like his style, though. The fearlessness is a great thing, but he needs to bulk up and get a little smarter. Lehkonen's hockey IQ is fine, but he's a bit reckless. He's a hard competitor, but he needs to understand his own limitations and try to adjust his play accordingly.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
  #140
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 7,096
vCash: 500
He got his first points in the playoffs today

2+1 in 13.32 playing time

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
  #141
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
His height seems to be around 5'11.5 today. Could end up as 6'0+ very well. Could be steal at 2nd round.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:40 AM
  #142
Akipa
HFB Partner
 
Akipa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Definitely could be a great grab for a team in the later first round. Has plenty of potential as he has demonstrated at the International level. Top shelf Prospects has him ranked as the number 30 prospect in this draft.

Full scouting report: http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/...er-profile-30/

Akipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:26 PM
  #143
agent082
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
His height seems to be around 5'11.5 today. Could end up as 6'0+ very well. Could be steal at 2nd round.
Good to hear. He somehow looks so small on ice. I would have quessed he is 5'10.

agent082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:08 AM
  #144
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,678
vCash: 567
Pumped he's a Hab! Great value at 55, just gotta hope he can avoid another concussion.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:04 AM
  #145
agent082
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
I hope he don't play against Ruutu next season. I think concussions made him drop in the draft, because his height isn't an issue anymore and his skill is easily top 30 in this draft.

agent082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:14 AM
  #146
fr9dd9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
prospect camp

Anyone who knows how he did at prospects camp?

fr9dd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:40 AM
  #147
Physical Ed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr9dd9 View Post
Anyone who knows how he did at prospects camp?
Hand injury. He didn't participate in on ice drills and scrimmages.

Physical Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 02:20 PM
  #148
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,678
vCash: 567
Lehkonen has been ripping it up in the Lake Placid tournament. 5 goals in 5 games. Playing with Teravainen helps, but you still have to put it in the net.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 02:34 PM
  #149
Erikfromfin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
just as reminder for non knowers Craig Button had Lehkonen ranked 16th in 2013 draft at february. He was on craigs list 18th still on april and in his final June ranking he was at 23.. and went 55 overall. He was great in finnish sm league this year but was hammered and got concussion from dirty Jarkko Ruutu plays. he was dissapointing in u20 world championships in sochi like most of finland and ended up in relegation round. he did have great chemistry with barkov and teräväinen already in u20 and has now continued with teuvo to this lake placid evaluation camp. Lehkonen was great in u18 world champs in the spring and i thought was one of the best players in the tournament and i was amazed that he didnt jump in most peoples list into first round at all. For example Juuse saros played well in u18 and he got a lot of recognition but not Lehkonen for reason or another. Just like most small skilled european forwards is hard to say if theyll even ever play in nhl or become the next zetterbergs. u just dont know

Erikfromfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 03:00 PM
  #150
iane
turtleneck
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tromsø
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
I was very surprised he was still available at 55, 30pts in 45 games in SM-liiga at 17 is pretty amazing.

iane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.