HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next game: vs Seattle | Sat Apr 28 @ 1pm PT/4pm ET | B. Morrow vs K. Millwood

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Jays line-up:

Escobar
Johnson
Bautista
Encarnacion
Lawrie
Davis
Lind
Arencibia
Rasmus

Holy crap, Farrell is sorta being smart and figuring out Lind totally blows against lefties. Hopefully all these righties own Chen who has done surprisingly well against the Jays.
Farrell is being too harsh on Rasmus for is game against Duffy lol but what I love the fact he's stacking up the righties together. This what I love about Farrell in his tenure here, he actually pays attention to details, on how everyone is doing and who the pitcher is and adjusts the line-up. Unlike Cito who just sat there and looked like he was sleeping through the whole game. The game management and line-up management has been superb so far.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Farrell is being too harsh on Rasmus for is game against Duffy lol but what I love the fact he's stacking up the righties together. This what I love about Farrell in his tenure here, he actually pays attention to details, on how everyone is doing and who the pitcher is and adjusts the line-up. Unlike Cito who just sat there and looked like he was sleeping through the whole game. The game management and line-up management has been superb so far.
No, I think it's fine. The guys ahead of him, except for Lind can hit lefties well and Rasmus should never have been slotted in that 5 hole against Duffy simply because he is tough to face as a lefty because of his hard fastball + good breaking ball. Maybe Farrell felt he could keep it going after a huge game but I like this move. No need to bat Rasmus high in the order and get him killed against lefties.

Yeah, I guess Farrell has learned a little bit because he saw some players get killed because of platoon situations and I think he is doing a better job of using his bench.

Also, can someone tell me why we have Francisco? He doesn't play against lefties or righties, he doesn't come late into the game as defensive replacement, he can't play the infield... he just seems to redundant on this team.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
No, I think it's fine. The guys ahead of him, except for Lind can hit lefties well and Rasmus should never have been slotted in that 5 hole against Duffy simply because he is tough to face as a lefty because of his hard fastball + good breaking ball. Maybe Farrell felt he could keep it going after a huge game but I like this move. No need to bat Rasmus high in the order and get him killed against lefties.

Yeah, I guess Farrell has learned a little bit because he saw some players get killed because of platoon situations and I think he is doing a better job of using his bench.

Also, can someone tell me why we have Francisco? He doesn't play against lefties or righties, he doesn't come late into the game as defensive replacement, he can't play the infield... he just seems to redundant on this team.
He's been the DH on days Lind has had off.

He is redundant though. pre-season analysis did note that having Francisco and Davis was kinda useless because they couldn't platoon. The only advantage you got with Francisco was that he was more capable of playing RF because he has a stronger arm than Davis does.

Perhaps when they decide to bring Snider up they'll drop Francisco, because it seems like it makes more sense to have Thames as a bench bat than Francisco, and Davis as the all-purpose defensive OF (and if they need to get a day off for Bautista, then put Snider in right and Davis in left)

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Been saying this since day 1. So far this season Davis has been the first call off the bench against righties because of his speed. I'd really like to have someone on the bench that can lay down a bunt. We kind of lost that when Mac left. Vizquel is there, but I don't recall him being particularly good at it. Davis has the ability to beat out a bunt with his speed, but when you're trying to push up a runner(s) it needs to be accurate.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
He's been the DH on days Lind has had off.

He is redundant though. pre-season analysis did note that having Francisco and Davis was kinda useless because they couldn't platoon. The only advantage you got with Francisco was that he was more capable of playing RF because he has a stronger arm than Davis does.

Perhaps when they decide to bring Snider up they'll drop Francisco, because it seems like it makes more sense to have Thames as a bench bat than Francisco, and Davis as the all-purpose defensive OF (and if they need to get a day off for Bautista, then put Snider in right and Davis in left)

One problem with that: who would Thames be pinch hitting for the bench? If that's the outfield, you can't have him pinch hit for Colby or Snider because that makes no sense since they are both lefties, and Thames is weak defensively.

I dunno, Francisco just seems really useless on this team. Maybe they will want him as a replacement if the outfield or Lind/EE go down and they could have a decent enough bat that it wouldn't kill their line-up.

Who knows... maybe he can become more useful when we play in National League ballparks.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

that was a terrible segue. It didn't even make sense.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Yeah, suck it Chen.

KJ!

Old
04-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Nice play Lind.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Damn, JPA stung that one.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

I'm getting sick of this Brett Lawrie love. Moustakas makes an unreal play and all our announcers can talk about is how a guy that didn't even ****ing move can dive back to 3B.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Something I just noticed...

Is the skydome the only MLB stadium without all dirt base-paths? We only have dirt patches at each base, but not all dirt all around the bases.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
I'm getting sick of this Brett Lawrie love. Moustakas makes an unreal play and all our announcers can talk about is how a guy that didn't even ****ing move can dive back to 3B.
And was actually out, but still it was a great play to get back considering how hard it was hit right at the third baseman and having the instincts to dive back.

But I may be wrong, weren't they talking about Moustakas being able to dive towards the bag and almost make the out? I was only half listening to what they said...

Old
04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Morrow gives up ANOTHER homerun.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
KuleminFan41

Whats wrong with Morrow? Something just isn't right , he keeps getting smashed for homers

Old
04-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

No matter what Morrow is throwing up there, he just can't get swings and misses. This is becoming a legit concern.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Brendan "when it rains it pours" Morrow

The Roberto Luongo of MLB pitchers. Elite when he's on his game, but the smallest bit of adversity rattles him beyond belief.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
No matter what Morrow is throwing up there, he just can't get swings and misses. This is becoming a legit concern.
The problem is, you can't just send him down to the minors either to work out his mechanics. Just something isn't right

Old
04-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Oh finally, he got a whiff!

EDIT: make that two.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Brendan "when it rains it pours" Morrow

The Roberto Luongo of MLB pitchers. Elite when he's on his game, but the smallest bit of adversity rattles him beyond belief.
One different is, Luongo is one his game a lot more often than Morrow and has put up elite stats.

Morrow has put up elite peripherals but it hasn't translated yet.

EDIT: WOW KJ, what a play.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:46 PM
KuleminFan41

Wow what a play by Johnson lol

Old
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Lebanese Leaf

That's plays of the year material by KJ.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
KJ is a ****ing stud

Old
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

It's early but it's kinda amazing how different Jays defense looks this year compared to this year. They were terrible last year and now, it's saving the pitchers.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:51 PM
weems

Quote:
One different is, Luongo is one his game a lot more often than Morrow and has put up elite stats.

Morrow has put up elite peripherals but it hasn't translated yet.

EDIT: WOW KJ, what a play.
Morrow is what he is.
A guy with a great arm but not very good control. With all the pitching we have coming up I wouldnt be against trading him in the offseason if some team offers up something decent.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Man, Kelly Johnson is just so awesome. Falls behind 0-2 but stays super patient and draws a walk.

Closed Thread