HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Sebastian Collberg vs Teuvo Teravainen

View Poll Results: Teuvo Teravainen vs Sebastian Collberg
Sebastian Collberg 20 27.78%
Teuvo Teravainen 52 72.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-22-2012, 06:02 PM
TheNudge

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Sebastian Collberg vs Teuvo Teravainen

I was wondering if Collberg as no pts in SEL since he saw little to no action during those games. But when he's been given the chance and opportunity he puts up the pts like in WJC and Under18.

TT have been getting better and better in the FNL since he as been given the chance to proof himself. He scored every where he goes and is very agile but he'S lacking in size.

Since both player might go top 10. I was simply wondering who should reach there potential as a nhler? Also who should go earlier in the NHL draft? Also answer me this if Collberg was given the same opportunity of TT in SEL, would he of gotten more pts and would he be a sure top 7??

Who's gona be better??

Vote for should reach there potential .

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
I think it's close.

I haven't seen flavor of the month hype surrounding a prospect like this (teravainen) since Niederreiter. Probably even worse this time around.

I think TT has talent, but people are doing whatever they can to involve him in the elite talent discussion.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:23 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I think it's close.

I haven't seen flavor of the month hype surrounding a prospect like this (teravainen) since Niederreiter. Probably even worse this time around.

I think TT has talent, but people are doing whatever they can to involve him in the elite talent discussion.
Niederreiter was overhyped for about 6 months. Just after WJC... But wasn't you the guy who judged Teräväinen before ever even seeing him? You have to be troll seriously.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Niederreiter was overhyped for about 6 months. Just after WJC... But wasn't you the guy who judged Teräväinen before ever even seeing him? You have to be troll seriously.
Love that there has been a tournament where I've gotten the chance to watch both players play, and just because I'm an American I must not have watched it and am trolling.

Also, the definition of the word troll has really been skewed around here.

I made it clear that I hadn't seen him and I was weary of his rise from mid-second round to top 10. I believe now after having seen him that he's a top 10-14 talent. But I'm not convinced he's better than Collberg and that's after watching both of them.

Last edited by DuckJet: 04-22-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old
04-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
LOVE Collberg

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Teräväinen quite easily.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:56 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Tevo simply has a better offensive toolbox. Will that translate to him being the better NHL player? Impossible to say, but for my money I would take Tevo.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
I think it's close.

Mark Scheifele saw similar rise in the rankings, espicially with his performance in the U-18 tournament. He seems to be doing well.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Mark Scheifele saw similar rise in the rankings, espicially with his performance in the U-18 tournament. He seems to be doing well.
And perhaps the two will be poised to be the JETS one-two punch in the future should the JETS select him at #9.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:00 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
I tend to be on the Jets should've taken Couturier side of the debate. not really the best example.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Flames1217

Colberg reminds me so much of Jeff Carter except with better one on one moves, Would be a great pick for the flames to give them a real offensive minded right winger.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
I tend to be on the Jets should've taken Couturier side of the debate. not really the best example.
Would Jeff Skinner be a better example? (#22 midseason TSN, #10 final TSN)

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:36 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Would Jeff Skinner be a better example? (#22 midseason TSN, #10 final TSN)
Yeah. Hahaha.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
I guess that means Scheifele is auto terrible.

Voted TT. Really like the upside there and after watching both, one thing that comes out to me is TT's puck protection skills that give him an edge over Collberg.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:08 AM
fredligh

TT Ainec, to all doubters you will see TT as the steal of the draft. Collberg will probably make the NHL but Teuvo will be a ppg player for a decade. Easiest call this week

fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Garl

Teravainen is a good prospect, but all this AINEC talks are crazy. Collberg is easily on the same level as teravainen.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

I think both of them will be NHLers. I believe Teravainen has the edge right now, but it's close.

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:50 AM
sirMcDuck

Teravainen has showed that he can play in toughest and most physical league in Europe and score pretty good points too. Collberg haven't show that his ready to compete with men.

sirMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:58 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirMcDuck View Post
Teravainen has showed that he can play in toughest and most physical league in Europe and score pretty good points too. Collberg haven't show that his ready to compete with men.
Have you seen either player play??? Just wondering cause stats don't always tell you the hole story. I know Collberg had 0pts in 41 games in SEL. The reason he had no pts is because he was on the 4th line and saw little to no action.

Why did Collberg make the WJC20??? It's not cause he had zero pts. The kid did put up pts when he got the opportunity.

Last edited by TheNudge: 04-23-2012 at 05:11 AM.
TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:28 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Have you seen either player play??? Just wondering cause stats don't always tell you the hole story. I know had 0pts in 41 games in SEL but the reason he had no pts is because he was on the 4th line and saw little to no action.

Why did Collberg make the WJC20??? It's not cause he had zero pts. The kid did put up pts when he got the opportunity.
Teräväinen started from 4th-3rd line playing 10minutes per night fought himself into first line and ended up as one of the most important fowards at end. Collberg have been good internationally for sure you're right about that. In my opinion Teräväinen has the skill set which is suited up against men. Collberg skillset is impressive but i'm not sure if it work against men. There is big difference to score against junior players than defenders who are experienced, smarter and they don't do mistakes so often. They're close offensively, Collberg is more dangerous induvidually, Teräväinen is better at using linemates and has much better puck posession skills. Both doesen't shy away from contact but Teräväinen is better two-way player and can play all foward positions. Teräväinen is also 6-7 months younger which is alot of developement and is already established playing against men and producing, Collberg is not. I would take Teräväinen before Collberg at this point but they both have similar upside, Teräväinen brings just more in the table.

Teräväinen would be perfect player for Detroit and for babcocks system. Teams who plays long attacks and offensive pressure game are good teams for Teuvo because of his excellent puck moving ability and his great puck posession skills. Collberg seems to be more dangerous in straight attacks because of his speed and shot.

In the end both are quite different players but Teräväinen has better overall package, already producing against men, he is one of the youngest player of this draft. I liked Gustav Possler more than Collberg but he's 2013 draftee.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Its easier to put up points in SM-Liiga than in SEL. SEL is more defensive minded and you're facing overall better players, alot more NHL prospects in the league aswell.

voted collberg btw.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 04-23-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Its easier to put up points in SM-Liiga than in SEL. SEL is more defensive minded and you're facing overall better players, alot more NHL prospects in the league aswell.

voted collberg btw.
I see Collberg as poor mans Cogliano. He cant produce against men now, what will make him produce against men in NHL who are better than ones he is playing against now? Collberg just doesn't possess any special skills which would give him higher upside than 55point 20goal 2nd line winger who might be playing few PP1 shifts just because someone just played 1minute of PK.

I do like Collberg a lot, but hey let's face the facts Teuvo did develop in half season from a 3rd/4th line center to a guy who is now running PP1 and playing in 1st and 2nd line as Center and Winger. Top that with the fact hes 6months younger than Collberg.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:50 AM
sirMcDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post

voted collberg btw.
Lot's of swedish players like Boumedienne and Fernholm has lately state that FEL is better league but I think so has many finnish player said about Elitserien too.

Lots of NHL prospects here too.

sirMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:54 AM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

I hope the canes draft TT. I've got a good feeling about this guy. I've only been able to see a few highlight videos, but between his young age and high level of competition, he looks damn good.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:06 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMPV View Post
I hope the canes draft TT. I've got a good feeling about this guy. I've only been able to see a few highlight videos, but between his young age and high level of competition, he looks damn good.
One of your scouts (Bert Marshall) has already publicly stated they will be taking Reinhart given the chance to do so.

Not sure if that was just playing to the crowd or how he actually feels (he said this in an interview during an intermission at an Oil Kings game).

Either player would be a huge addition to the Canes though. I like both a lot.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote