HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would Marleau, Clowe, and Murray net the Sharks?

Old
04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
SoftDumpInTheCorner

vCash: 500
What would Marleau, Clowe, and Murray net the Sharks?

There has been much talk around here about wanting to ship these three players out, I would consider them the new Big 3, aside from being a salary dump what could these three players net the Sharks in the market? I would consider throwing in Boyle who I think is the Sharks biggest tradable asset. But getting rid of the Big 3 would cut the Sharks payroll down more than $13MM, but I think other teams would want to send salary back.

What would these guys net the Sharks? What type of players? What type of prospects? What round of picks?

Marleau-players/prospects/picks

Clowe-prospects/picks

Murray-picks

There would be many things the Sharks can do to restructure the team, personally I would re-do the defense and then go from there. Adding Nash would be a dream but its not the right move for the Sharks. If anything they need to be targeting a new #1 D guy. Ryan Suter can easily be that guy, if he doesnt re-sign. The Sharks would then need to find another top 6 guy but they would also have the flexibility to create a better bottom 6 at the same time.

SoftDumpInTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Murray - 2nd rd pick or 3rd + C/B level prospect (ex: 3rd + Bailey)
Clowe - 2nd + top-6 forward/prospect or 1st (ex: Dubinksy + 2nd)
Marleau - top-6 forward, top-6 prospect, 1st (ex: Moulson, 1st, Nielsen)
Boyle - top 6 prospect/forward, 1st or 2nd, top-6 prospect/forward, tweener (ex: MPS + 1st or 2nd, Glencross, Moss)

Sound fair?

EDIT: Sorry if these are unreasonable...I tried lol

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Dicdonya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftDumpInTheCorner View Post
There has been much talk around here about wanting to ship these three players out, I would consider them the new Big 3, aside from being a salary dump what could these three players net the Sharks in the market? I would consider throwing in Boyle who I think is the Sharks biggest tradable asset. But getting rid of the Big 3 would cut the Sharks payroll down more than $13MM, but I think other teams would want to send salary back.

What would these guys net the Sharks? What type of players? What type of prospects? What round of picks?

Marleau-players/prospects/picks

Clowe-prospects/picks

Murray-picks

There would be many things the Sharks can do to restructure the team, personally I would re-do the defense and then go from there. Adding Nash would be a dream but its not the right move for the Sharks. If anything they need to be targeting a new #1 D guy. Ryan Suter can easily be that guy, if he doesnt re-sign. The Sharks would then need to find another top 6 guy but they would also have the flexibility to create a better bottom 6 at the same time.
Are you asking as a package deal? Or individually?

As a package we could get just about anything, assuming we are either getting less but better, or more but worse/not yet ready. Also assuming the team we are trading with can take on that much salary and give us enough salary back from players we want.

Individually you could probably get about the same thing, picks/prospects galor or a few sideways value trades to get new faces in new places, or maybe move up in the draft.

Its hard to put value when there is no team involved as obviously value greaty differs with the team we are trading with. Marleau would be coveted in toronto or chi or anywhere that needs center help badly, but would hold less value to a Pitt or team loaded down the middle.

Dicdonya is offline   Reply With Quote