HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Do You Blame Most?

View Poll Results: Who is to blame for the Sharks slip?
Doug Wilson 0 0%
Todd McLellan 0 0%
Neither, they're both equally at fault 0 0%
Neither, it's one or multiple players and not the GM/Coaching Staff 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealblood View Post
What? Burns was in the 15-17 goal range in minny when he was healthy, and in the 40 point range.

11 goals here. Way fewer hits too. But did get up his +/-, that was pretty much his only stat increase.

Boyle definitely eats into his points though.
Burns was much more consistent in the defensive zone with the Sharks than he was in Minnesota. He may have been down in points but he also had brand new teammates to get used to so that took some time for him to get comfortable which helps on both sides of the puck.

I think we'll see a better Burns overall next year and probably a very highly productive Burns if they move Boyle.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:11 PM
do0glas

Boyle needs to be used more strategically now that burns has shown what he can do. 27-30 min a game Boyle won't work anymore.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Our D was an issue that hurt Nemo. I think trading away Ginner didn't help us. I wish we could have gone after Hal Gill (Yeah I know he's big and slow but he could have helped our PK)

What I do think will happen is Boyle, Murray, and Clowe get traded.
-We will most likely move up in the draft (our 1st + Boyle to an Eastern Conference team [to avoid facing Boyle] for their 1st and a prospect)
-Murray will get us a 2nd
-Clowe will get us another 1st (mid or high 1st rounder)
-I know I'll get flamed for this but we should go after Suter AND Stuart
Does anyone agree or disagree with what we will get for the above three trades?

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoogasian94123 View Post
Our D was an issue that hurt Nemo. I think trading away Ginner didn't help us. I wish we could have gone after Hal Gill (Yeah I know he's big and slow but he could have helped our PK)

-We will most likely move up in the draft (our 1st + Boyle to an Eastern Conference team [to avoid facing Boyle] for their 1st and a prospect)
Murray is the only one I can see being traded imo.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Murray is the only one I can see being traded imo.
Ok. I actually wouldn't mind that trade but I think we need to start a little rebuild and moving Clowe,Boyle, and Murray would allow us to stock our shelves with some picks and prospect while still being a strong team.
I don't see Marleau and Thornton being moved at this point. LoCo, Pavs, Burns, and Pickles are pieces we build our team around.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Ok. I actually wouldn't mind that trade but I think we need to start a little rebuild and moving Clowe,Boyle, and Murray would allow us to stock our shelves with some picks and prospect while still being a strong team.
I don't see Marleau and Thornton being moved at this point. LoCo, Pavs, Burns, and Pickles are pieces we build our team around.
The only reason I say that is because I think his skilllset can be replaced easier. If the Sharks sign Stuart (which many are speculating) that makes him expendable and he could help a team like Washington or Florida or Winnipeg.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

Our D wasn't that big of an issue when it came to Nemo. Just remember that even with an atrocious PK, this team was still in the top ten in goals allowed. If they just had an average PK, they'd be in the top five. The PK is not something you can blame on any one player. When it is this bad for this long and the players look like they do, it's the system. We all know it is the system and it's just too soft. The group of players are good enough for it with one possible exception being Niemi but he doesn't have enough of a track record to say one way or the other if he is or isn't a problem. Two years for a goalie is just too small of a sample size. They will need to revamp the strategies and go from there. The only definite personnel adjustment I'd make is to get your top players off of it if it is going to continue to suck. There's just no use wearing down Boyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, and Burns for no results.

As for the trades, I'm on board with it as long as the Boyle trade yields a top five pick and a damn good prospect because moving Boyle to move up however many spots it may be is not worth it unless that second prospect is something as good as the pick itself. Personally, I'd rather see if Boyle can return a young speedy forward that can contribute starting next season and I'd rather trade back and out of the 1st round. They can trade that 15-18 pick back to the 20-30 area get a 2nd and then trade that 20-30 for a couple 2nd rounders. And if Clowe returns that kind of pick as well, I'd do the same thing if available.

If Suter and Stuart want to sign here, I'm for it. Stuart, I can see being realistic. Suter, not so much. However, you just never know.

Old
04-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Our D wasn't that big of an issue when it came to Nemo. Just remember that even with an atrocious PK, this team was still in the top ten in goals allowed. If they just had an average PK, they'd be in the top five. The PK is not something you can blame on any one player. When it is this bad for this long and the players look like they do, it's the system. We all know it is the system and it's just too soft. The group of players are good enough for it with one possible exception being Niemi but he doesn't have enough of a track record to say one way or the other if he is or isn't a problem. Two years for a goalie is just too small of a sample size. They will need to revamp the strategies and go from there. The only definite personnel adjustment I'd make is to get your top players off of it if it is going to continue to suck. There's just no use wearing down Boyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, and Burns for no results.

As for the trades, I'm on board with it as long as the Boyle trade yields a top five pick and a damn good prospect because moving Boyle to move up however many spots it may be is not worth it unless that second prospect is something as good as the pick itself. Personally, I'd rather see if Boyle can return a young speedy forward that can contribute starting next season and I'd rather trade back and out of the 1st round. They can trade that 15-18 pick back to the 20-30 area get a 2nd and then trade that 20-30 for a couple 2nd rounders. And if Clowe returns that kind of pick as well, I'd do the same thing if available.

If Suter and Stuart want to sign here, I'm for it. Stuart, I can see being realistic. Suter, not so much. However, you just never know.
What teams do you think we could move Boyle and Clowe to to get those picks and prospects? I could see NYI being on board for Murray and or Boyle but I don't think We could move Clowe to a team in the East. Anaheim would love to have guys like Clowe as well as a guy like Murray but I can't see DW doing it either.

Old
04-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
What teams do you think we could move Boyle and Clowe to to get those picks and prospects? I could see NYI being on board for Murray and or Boyle but I don't think We could move Clowe to a team in the East. Anaheim would love to have guys like Clowe as well as a guy like Murray but I can't see DW doing it either.
Well, Clowe will be appealing to many teams and I think the teams that will take him will probably be in the 20-30 range tops if we snag a 1st. Most likely, I think he'll get a 2nd and other assets.

Dan Boyle, I think, would return a young player so it should open up more possibilities than only looking for a high draft pick. Besides, the Sharks will want someone more immediate so they can keep a competitive roster and not have to wait and develop a player.