HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van,Tor,SJ -3 way trade

Old
04-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
Would love Pavelski, and want to keep Schneider over Luongo, so that's fine....but I don't see the benefit of continually trading away our prospects.
If you decline this trade to keep a prospect then it is a joke. This trade makes your team exponentially better.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Hoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
If you decline this trade to keep a prospect then it is a joke. This trade makes your team exponentially better.
Obviously. Is it a realistic trade though?

Hoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:30 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Schenn, Colborne and Armstrong for a contract that will take Luongo until hes 43 and making $5.3M. No thank you! He's a good goalie, but I dont understand why so many people want him here. its a terrible contract and Burke hates those types of contracts, he'd never take it.
People want Luongo in TO because you may actually make the playoffs with him while you almost certainly won't without him (or a comparable goalie). Your team isn't good enough to carry mediocre goaltending to the post season but with Luongo you have a real chance to get in...once your in, anything can happen.

Realistically the Canucks don't take Armstrong for free, so you can keep him if you want.

The Sharks get arse ***** in the ops deal.

How about:
To TOR: Luongo
to VAN: Gardiner
(makes Toronto better now - likely a playoff team - gives the Canucks a solid asset for Luongo and makes VAN a more likely destination for Schultz...both teams deal from areas of strength for areas of weakness)

To SJ: Alex Edler + Mason Raymond
To VAN: Logan Couture + Ryan Clowe
(gives SJ a #1 LH offensive defenseman + a fast winger - adds gritty skill to Vancouver...I realize Couture is a big piece but so is Edler both Raymond and Clowe have fallen out of favour)

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
People want Luongo in TO because you may actually make the playoffs with him while you almost certainly won't without him (or a comparable goalie). Your team isn't good enough to carry mediocre goaltending to the post season but with Luongo you have a real chance to get in...once your in, anything can happen.

Realistically the Canucks don't take Armstrong for free, so you can keep him if you want.

How about:

(makes Toronto better now - likely a playoff team - gives the Canucks a solid asset for Luongo and makes VAN a more likely destination for Schultz...both teams deal from areas of strength for areas of weakness)

(gives SJ a #1 LH offensive defenseman + a fast winger - adds gritty skill to Vancouver...I realize Couture is a big piece but so is Edler both Raymond and Clowe have fallen out of favour)
You owe me a new laptop. I just spat coffee all over mine.

Yes lets give up arguably the best PMD rookie we have had since kaberle for a goaltender getting paid until he is 43 and just got replaced by a rookie. Get real.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:00 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
You owe me a new laptop. I just spat coffee all over mine.

Yes lets give up arguably the best PMD rookie we have had since kaberle for a goaltender getting paid until he is 43 and just got replaced by a rookie. Get real.
Either goalie would be the best goalie your team has had in almost a decade which coincides with the last time your team made the playoffs.

Not trying to be smart here, just trying to point out how hard it has been for your team to find a true #1 goalie and how important it is to have one.

Luongo is likely to get into the HHOF and is a long way from retirement (based on other top level goalies in this era) just happens that we have another goalie who we also like a lot and we think we can keep for cheaper.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:30 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
I do like Edler, but that's an awful trade. Canucks fans are talking about simple not qualifying Raymond, which is a really bad sign for me. Clowe at least still has value. And Couture has more value than Edler.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Either goalie would be the best goalie your team has had in almost a decade which coincides with the last time your team made the playoffs.

Not trying to be smart here, just trying to point out how hard it has been for your team to find a true #1 goalie and how important it is to have one.

Luongo is likely to get into the HHOF and is a long way from retirement (based on other top level goalies in this era) just happens that we have another goalie who we also like a lot and we think we can keep for cheaper.
I dont think Luongo is going to make the HHOF unless he joins a cup winner and adds a lot to his resume. And I dont doubt that he would be the best goaltender we have had in years.

Im just not giving up arguably the best puck moving defensive prospect we have had since Kaberle for a goaltender that is getting paid 5.4m until he is 42 or something, and cracks under preassure.

There is a reason you want him off your team, you dont give up stud prospects for Luongo. I would be happy to put together a package for him and would love him on my team, but im not giving up any bluechips.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:57 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez View Post
Tor: Luongo
Van: Pavelski, Colborne, Armstrong
SJ: Schenn, Shroeder

close? Yes/No
Vancouver gives up Luongo and Schroder for Pavelski, Colborne and Armstrong?

Van wins this deal big, SJ loses big, and Toronto says meh.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:

Boy that sure helps SJ's forward depth. **** no from the Sharks.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Schenn and Joe. C for Luongo?

No thank you. Unless Joe C becomes a total bust.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
HUGE HUGE MASSIVE HUGE GARGANTUAN NO from the Leafs
Hey! Just like Luongo's contract!

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:

How about:

Reality is though, while it sucks to be out of the playoffs so long, I, along with many others, do not want the Leafs to sell the farm yet again. We went too long buying bandaids in the form of overpriced stars, and yes, we made the playoffs, but now we want something different. I'm sick of giving up on players and watching them go off and actually do something elsewhere. I do not want to be handcuffed with Luongo's stupid contract down the road and have no room to do anything while Kadri and or Gardiner are ripping it up with their new teams. I want to build this team and develop our players and actually be proud and have a future to look forward to when we make the playoffs.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Kader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez View Post
Tor: Luongo
Van: Pavelski, Colborne, Armstrong
SJ: Schenn, Shroeder

close? Yes/No
Toronto gives up Joe Colborne, Luke Schenn, and Colby Armstrong for Roberto Luongo?

Vancouver wins this trade by a landslide, leafs get dusted, and SJ picks up the pieces.

I wonder who your favourite team is?

I think Van would have to give up its first rounder to Toronto to get 'er done

Kader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 187
I'm amazed at how little Leaf fans are valuing Luongo. People are acting like he's a backup goalie and not the guy who led Canada to a gold medal (0.927 SV% and 1.76GAA in 5 games against the world's best) at the Olympics two years ago and who was within 1 win of the Stanley Cup last season.

Yes the contract length sucks, but the cap hit is fine. The contact will be off the books when Luongo retires. This is an opportunity to get him at a discounted price because circumstances on the Canucks allow them to trade him.

In other threads Leaf fans are talking about how they can dump Armstrong's 3mil, he's got no value but is a realistic dump going the other way. Schenn is a 2nd pairing D and Colburne a prospect with 2nd line potential. That's a bargain to get a top goalie who is better than any other option the Leafs will have in net for years.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote