HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Round 2 - WCSF - Kings vs. Blues Series - Kings Forum Discussion

Old
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

vCash: 500
Gonna be a hell of a series. Go Kings!

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Is it Saturday yet?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
It's that time of year again... when hockey sweaters being worn out in public are seen more often than any other time of the year.

Today at Target, I saw a Kings fan decked out in a silver and purple jersey with the shield in the front - the first jersey in the Staples Center era. I was approaching him to say hello and maybe swap some puck talk. He turned around and I saw BLAKE 4 on the jersey. So I walked by him without uttering a word. Whoever you are, shame on you, Sir.

GO KINGS! **** Rob Blake!
Am I the only one who finds Zizou's actions immature?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Am I the only one who finds Zizou's actions immature?
Yes, clearly he should have punched the guy in the face. It probably was Rob Blake. He is such a tool that he would wear his own jersey to Target.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:02 PM
occy30

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yes, clearly he should have punched the guy in the face. It probably was Rob Blake. He is such a tool that he would wear his own jersey to Target.

I lol'ed on that comment. And what made it funnier is I heard it in "Buddie the elf's" voice

occy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

McDonald is not that bad after all.

Quote:
"I think L.A.'s a lot different than Anaheim was, they seem to have a really large fan base," McDonald said. "Their building's extremely loud. I thought with Anaheim when we went to the playoffs it was great, but in the regular season. ... I don't know how many times we sold out."
http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/4...-andy-mcdonald

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by occy30 View Post
I lol'ed on that comment. And what made it funnier is I heard it in "Buddie the elf's" voice
Buddy sounds very much like Will Ferrell but Buddy has a Mexican accent

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

I like how the article says that Anaheim's fans are just as fairweather as Kings fans but 1) when has the weather ever been fair for LA Kings hockey? 1993? 2) the Kings had upwards of 90% capacity even in their worst seasons. Also, he fails to mention that the Ducks had a Cup run in 2003 and the 02/03 and 03/04 attendance is poor to say the least. I don't know why any of them would get mad about that. The Kings are the more popular team. Less sucessful, yes but more popular. Deal with it.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

Nice. I try to explain to my friends up here the VAST difference in popularity and fan support between Anaheim and Los Angeles, people always assume Anaheim is more popular since they have been more successful. Urgh.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Because of this:

Nashville vs. Phoenix, Game 1, 9:00 p.m. ET

US National TV: NBC Sports Network
Play by Play: John Forslund
Inside the Glass: Joe Micheletti

Canada National TV: TSN
Play by Play: Gord Miller
Inside the Glass: Darren Pang

That means Kings/Blues will get Cuthbert/Ferraro on TSN. Not sure re: NBC yet.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Wonder if the kings will "call up" any monarchs since they were eliminated tonight. Monarchs usually last longer than the kings in the playoffs.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
damacles1156

I think Cliche would be the only one you could trust. Maybe Hickey as well. The Blues are not a joke, those guys make good NHL players cough pucks up.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Wonder if the kings will "call up" any monarchs since they were eliminated tonight. Monarchs usually last longer than the kings in the playoffs.
Fully expect Lokti to be back. Cliche maybe but only to practice with the big boys. They'll probably call up a goalie just for insurance but I don't really think too many will get called up. Only person I see having any sort of shot at actually getting in a game would be Lokti.

E:

Now there's this.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/27...medium=twitter

Quote:
Kings forward prospect Tyler Toffoli had his junior season end tonight when the Ottawa 67s lost to Niagara 3-2 in the Ontario Hockey League playoffs. The Kings have been considering the idea of bringing Toffoli to the NHL now, but nothing has been made official.

Toffoli won’t play for the Manchester Monarchs, because their season ended tonight with a 3-2 overtime loss to Norfolk in the AHL playoffs. The Kings could now, if they want to, call up additional AHL players.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Loktionov is already with la. He was called up after richardson's surgery. He stayed up with Clifford's injury.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Getting nervous now that game time is fast approaching. In a series like this, first goal of the game is so important since it could very well be the only goal scored. If there's any time for the second line to own a series, this one is it. Will be nice to see some jump back in Carter's legs with the long break to give him more time to heal.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Hammond just said that the Kings are toying with the idea of bringing Toffoli up. As exciting as that is, I am not sure about bringing in a question mark when we are running good headed into the second round. If things go south then maybe. Doubt they follow through, but interesting to hear they are so high on him that they are playing with the idea of actually making his NHL debut the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Hammond just said that the Kings are toying with the idea of bringing Toffoli up. As exciting as that is, I am not sure about bringing in a question mark when we are running good headed into the second round. If things go south then maybe. Doubt they follow through, but interesting to hear they are so high on him that they are playing with the idea of actually making his NHL debut the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs...
Tyler most likely would not play, They would bring him up to see an NHL playoff atmosphere.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

A source has confirmed that Tyler Toffoli will be among the prospects who will join the Kings on a “taxi squad.” Those players aren’t expected to join the team until it returns to Los Angeles, and I don’t yet have a full list of the players.

From Hammond.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
A source has confirmed that Tyler Toffoli will be among the prospects who will join the Kings on a “taxi squad.” Those players aren’t expected to join the team until it returns to Los Angeles, and I don’t yet have a full list of the players.

From Hammond.
post-game report from a pre-season game, September 22, 2011:

Impressive game for Toffoli
Posted by Rich Hammond on 22 September 2011, 4:00 pm

Reports from Phoenix last night from Kings coaches, management types and staffers brought solid praise for — in no particular order — players such as Trevor Lewis, Dustin Penner and Jonathan Bernier, but the unofficial award for eye-opener of the night went to Tyler Toffoli, who had one goal and one assist but impressed with his all-around play while skating on a line with Lewis and Ethan Moreau. Toffoli certainly didn’t come out of nowhere. He’s a second-round pick from 2010 who totaled 57 goals and 108 points to lead the OHL last season. Toffoli isn’t expected to make the Kings’ roster out of camp — he has one more season of junior eligibility, and skating and conditioning still need some improvement — but Toffoli did well for himself in the Kings’ 3-2 victory over the Coyotes last night, according to Terry Murray…

MURRAY: “I heard a very good review (of Toffoli) also, so you got the same report I got. We’ve seen it right from the start of the training camp, through the rookie camp and the two games that were played. He’s a guy that shows a lot of composure. He’s very strong on the puck. His skating has improved dramatically from last year, when I first saw him. Now he’s getting that confidence that some players get early (and) some players need to go through some time before they get it. Right now, he’s strong on the puck, playing very confidently, seeing the ice, making plays, taking pucks to the net. When you hear about all that stuff, and you see it, you get a little bit excited. There’s a lot of potential for being a good pro.”

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Most pundits think this series will be very, very close & low scoring (a bunch of 1-0 games) and lengthy (6 or 7 games).

Why do I have the feeling that the Kings will sweep the Blues? I don't know, maybe it's my spider sense..... I don't necessarily believe it'll be low scoring, either. Maybe a bunch of 4-1 games.......

Hey, I'm not too far off!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

If the kings sweep tomorrow, then all three series between the kings and blues will be sweeps.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:47 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I feel like one of the big "excuses" now used by Blues fans (now that it's 3-0) is that the Blues are a young team. Sure, they don't have playoff experience but when replying to the overall series thread on the main boards, I did a little poking around. The guys they list as "so young" are Berglund, Perron and Oshie for example. When you compare them to the likes of Kopitar, Kopi is less than a year older than Berglund and Perron and something like 14 months older than Oshie. The Kings team overall is an average age of 26.2 compared to St Louis' average age of 27.2. I agree that they need more playoff experience, but that doesn't make them any younger in terms of age than the Kings. The Kings team as a whole has found more success over the last few years as a young team than the Blues have.

Do any of you remember that thread in the offseason last year with the St Louis fan going off on the Kings and saying how much better they were and how the Kings sucked? I think it was dredged up when the Blues were awesome this year. Do you remember what poster that was? I was wondering if he's been posting now that the teams are matched up in the playoffs where it counts. I can't find that thread. Anyone?

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:20 PM
zamo86

Yes, finally a normal game time to watch Kings in the playoffs (9pm)

zamo86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:51 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I feel like one of the big "excuses" now used by Blues fans (now that it's 3-0) is that the Blues are a young team. Sure, they don't have playoff experience but when replying to the overall series thread on the main boards, I did a little poking around. The guys they list as "so young" are Berglund, Perron and Oshie for example. When you compare them to the likes of Kopitar, Kopi is less than a year older than Berglund and Perron and something like 14 months older than Oshie. The Kings team overall is an average age of 26.2 compared to St Louis' average age of 27.2. I agree that they need more playoff experience, but that doesn't make them any younger in terms of age than the Kings. The Kings team as a whole has found more success over the last few years as a young team than the Blues have.

Do any of you remember that thread in the offseason last year with the St Louis fan going off on the Kings and saying how much better they were and how the Kings sucked? I think it was dredged up when the Blues were awesome this year. Do you remember what poster that was? I was wondering if he's been posting now that the teams are matched up in the playoffs where it counts. I can't find that thread. Anyone?
I get what you're saying, but what if we compare career playoff games played for their best players? If you compare the top six forwards and top 4 dmen for each team in the playoffs, as determined by who gets the most ice time this playoff year, then these are the numbers you get:

Kings Players in the Playoffs:
Top 6 forwards (by ice time): AK, DB, MR, JC, JW, JS == 256 playoff games combined
Top 4 d: DD, WM, RS, VV == 156 playoff games combined
Total Career Playoff Games: 412

Blues Players in the Playoffs:
Top 6 forwards (by ice time): Steen, McDonald, Berglund, Backes, Oshie, Perron = 109
Top 4 d**: Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Polak, Russell = 39
Total Career Playoff Games: 148

Do you think a minor difference in average age overcomes a greater than 2 to 1 difference for the players who the coach thinks gives the team the best chance to win every night?

** I threw out Kent Huskins, because even though he had a high ice time, he hasn't played since the first game of the playoffs.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I love that the kings finally have another team and head coach completely befuddled. Two more lineup changes from hitch: reeves and cole added. Hitch has no answer for the kings. Hitch said game three was the blues best of the series and they still lost 4-2.