HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECQF | Game 6 | 4/23/12 | Rangers @ Senators | 7:00 PM | MSG, NBCSN, CBC‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

vCash: 500
So Ottawa gets a pretty good player from Sweden, which hasn't spent much time with the team and he's on the first line ?

Color me not surpriced if he scores tonight..

Old
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Sincerely. Everytime this team faces adversity people immediately try to draw parallels to '94 or talk about Mark Messier. I want them to win a Cup so bad just so our own fans have something else to comfort them like the abused children that they are, routing for a team that never fails to let them down.
It's been my experience as a fan that the Rangers seldom rise to the occasion. You spend your day daydreaming about the big win and prophetic guarantees, and monster turnarounds that result in Championship runs. Then the Rangers come out and do what they do best: Lose. And you're left to deal with another crushing Blueshirts disappointment. That's why we're still raking out these '94 videos. It's everyone's fantasy scenario come to life.

Old
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Losing Game 5 at home in this series, reminded me of losing Game 5 at home to Pittsburgh in 92. Felt like the series was over, and that the Rangers were a dead team walking going into Game 6 at Pittsburgh. Sure enough they got killed.

I feel the same way about this series 20 years later. Just no confidence in them scoring goals tonight.

I hope they prove me wrong.....
I would of agreed, but seeing as Boyle got a concussion, hopefully get some energy/anger out of it and they play hard for him.

Old
Levitate

Less icetime for Prust please, he's doing absolutely nothing out there right now

Old
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
So Ottawa gets a pretty good player from Sweden, which hasn't spent much time with the team and he's on the first line ?

Color me not surpriced if he scores tonight..
Kreider played with Gaborik and Richards on his first ever shift with the team also...

Old
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
With Boyler out, the rest of the guys need to step up. I've got a feeling they will.

Rupp or Bickel will get Neil, and they'll take this series back to MSG.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Honestly, I thought the Senators were going to be their toughest opponent unless they got Pittsburgh.

If they get out of this hole, I think they win the whole damn thing. They match up better with almost every team left.

However, I think Ottawa wins tonight 5-2.
I completely agree with this. I said the same thing on the main board. Almost all the Sens strengths amplify the Rangers few weaknesses. Its just a bad matchup for the Rangers. I can't imagine teams like the Caps and Flyers getting through your frustrating defense.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Flip the script boys...

Really good video. It me had right up until the moment Rosen shouts: "Gaborik Scores!' then I realized it was fiction. Should have played the Tinman's heart song after that...because you can't find a better example of a player without heart then ole' Marion.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Less icetime for Prust please, he's doing absolutely nothing out there right now

Less ice time for Feds.

Guy has been so bad and i'm not sure how he's gotten a free pass. For months he's been bad. Guys age caught up to him FAST.

He is a ineffective forechecker (at least prust does that ok), his hits like an ant, and he brings nothing at all on offense. His defense is average at best as well.

I for one will be happy to get rid of his contract after this season.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
I completely agree with this. I said the same thing on the main board. Almost all the Sens strengths amplify the Rangers few weaknesses. Its just a bad matchup for the Rangers. I can't imagine teams like the Caps and Flyers getting through your frustrating defense.
Neither have the Senators the Rangers just can't score. It has nothing to do with our defense for the most part.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Ironic. I don't think your guys have a snowball chance in hell against the Caps or the Flyers.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

I believe in this team. So much heart and hard work has been put into this season. They won't let it slip away just like that.

LETS GO RANGERS!

Old
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Players that has to step up....

Stepan
Richards
Gaborik
Prust

I'll be watching though my fingers while holding my breath.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Fataldogg

I think if we win tonight we will win the series. IF we win tonight. Not that I think that will happen. Maybe Brad Richards and Gaborik will do something tonight.

Old
Ail
k.

Quote:

Stepan
Richards
Gaborik
Prust

The last thing you'll see before going unconscious from lack of oxygen is one of the guys fanning on a wide open net through the blurred edges of your fingers. Enjoy.

Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
It's been my experience as a fan that the Rangers seldom rise to the occasion. You spend your day daydreaming about the big win and prophetic guarantees, and monster turnarounds that result in Championship runs. Then the Rangers come out and do what they do best: Lose. And you're left to deal with another crushing Blueshirts disappointment. That's why we're still raking out these '94 videos. It's everyone's fantasy scenario come to life.
LOL there is way too much truth in this post!!!!

That said, we're having some work done and the guy who showed up today to do an estimate was wearing at Ranger hat. I'm interpreting that as a sign from the hockey gods that...tonight's gonna be a good good night!

This is a different Ranger team!

Old
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Is it true that game 7 will be on a Thursday if we were to win tonight?

The agony......
No offense, but how can you say "we" and then not know when game 7 is?

Old
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:

Stepan
Richards
Gaborik
Prust

I don't think that's such a good idea. Brain damage usually occurs after 4-5 minutes of ocxygen deprivation. Another couple of minutes and you could end up a Sens fan.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
1994sec311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Less ice time for Feds.

Guy has been so bad and i'm not sure how he's gotten a free pass. For months he's been bad. Guys age caught up to him FAST.

He is a ineffective forechecker (at least prust does that ok), his hits like an ant, and he brings nothing at all on offense. His defense is average at best as well.

I for one will be happy to get rid of his contract after this season.
He didn't seem to be the same after the Moore elbow, IMO. Crazy that the union still fights for weaker suspensions--if I were a player, I'd want to be protected from the risk of a career ending injury.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Ironic. I don't think your guys have a snowball chance in hell against the Caps or the Flyers.
I agree with that too. The Sens would have a much thougher time against these teams. Hockey is funny like that sometimes. Some teams just match up well against others. The Sens biggest strength is the ability to move the puck out of their zone quickly and effectively, which just happens to neuter the Rangers' only means of offensive production, which is to push the puck deep and outwork the others.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
I don't think that's such a good idea. Brain damage usually occurs after 4-5 minutes of ocxygen deprivation. Another couple of minutes and you could end up an Islanders fan.
Fixed your post!!!

Old
04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Everyone was saying that we didnt have a chance in hell to come close to even making the playoffs this year. I think any team has a chance once they make it to the playoffs and ottawa is no different. With alfie back in the line up and black ace silfverberg stepping on the first line we could see a huge boost to our dismal offense.

That being said you still have a good chance to come back and I wish you luck getting the upset on top of the upset if that makes any sense...

Old
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The last thing you'll see before going unconscious from lack of oxygen is one of the guys fanning on a wide open net through the blurred edges of your fingers. Enjoy.
lolol prust especially, the guy hasn't handled a pass cleanly all year long. i guess we caught lightning in a bottle with him last year.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:

Stepan
Richards
Gaborik
Prust

Where is Feds?

WHY DOES HE GET A FREE PASS HERE?

Old
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm crying at this picture

Closed Thread