Notices

"Best" Duck ever?

Old
05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Ted Brautigan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't even know what you're on about. What does my PS3 have to do with anything? Actually I'm not even going to bother. Keep playing NHL '98 and thinking Kariya is the greatest player ever while Getzlaf sucks and should be on the 4th line.
you really think that getz is the all time best? he got too much too young, and now he is drinking in finland. yeah, class act.

Ted Brautigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brautigan View Post
you really think that getz is the all time best? he got too much too young, and now he is drinking in finland. yeah, class act.
No I don't but I do know that he's the best centre the franchise has ever seen and has done far more in the post season than Kariya ever did. If he won too much while he was too young then how come he's produced at a PPG rate since winning the cup? I don't see how anyone can judge him for drinking beer in Finland, god forbid a pro athlete wanting to go to a nightclub when he doesn't have a game the next day.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
No I don't but I do know that he's the best centre the franchise has ever seen and has done far more in the post season than Kariya ever did. If he won too much while he was too young then how come he's produced at a PPG rate since winning the cup? I don't see how anyone can judge him for drinking beer in Finland, god forbid a pro athlete wanting to go to a nightclub when he doesn't have a game the next day.
I recommend to you that you play more ps3. If you are saying that getz is done more than kariya, you are maybe born 98? ok, thats ok. get well.
Getz got it all when there was andy and teemu, not saying that he wasnt a big part of 2007, but not so big, that he can be now such an ass.
Gwtz is a captain, but he dont prefer like he should. Trust me. Heart of Glass, not Class.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Board battle, thats the point, lol. you can play board batlle with uour ps3. Selanne an kariya, those guys wasnt in the board, they put puck in the net, while your getz was on the board
Yeah... that's just not true. Like, at all. If you don't think Selanne and Kariya had to get their hands dirty to score goals, you just weren't watching them play. Scoring goals is hard work. And if they weren't doing the work to score, it was only because someone else on the ice was doing it for them, such as Rucchin.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I recommend to you that you play more ps3. If you are saying that getz is done more than kariya, you are maybe born 98? ok, thats ok. get well.
Getz got it all when there was andy and teemu, not saying that he wasnt a big part of 2007, but not so big, that he can be now such an ass.
Gwtz is a captain, but he dont prefer like he should. Trust me. Heart of Glass, not Class.
And Selanne only got it because of Getzlaf. See, I can play this game too. Anaheim won the Cup because the team got the job done, and Getzlaf was part of that. He also lead the team in points during those playoffs.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
And Selanne only got it because of Getzlaf. See, I can play this game too. Anaheim won the Cup because the team got the job done, and Getzlaf was part of that. He also lead the team in points during those playoffs.
still think that this thread name is best duck ever, so whats your point man?

Old
05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
still think that this thread name is best duck ever, so whats your point man?
I should ask you the same question.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Ted Brautigan

Who is done more for the franchise than selanne and kariya? uh?

Old
05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
In the playoffs when it matters he has absolutely done more than Kariya. And no I was not born in '98, nice try though.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
In the playoffs when it matters he has absolutely done more than Kariya. And no I was not born in '98, nice try though.
you say so, but this thread is about best duck, and kariya means more for he franchise than getz.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
you say so, but this thread is about best duck, and kariya means more for he franchise than getz.
He might have meant more, but Getzlaf currently means more. Not to mention Kariya was in Anaheim longer than Getzlaf has even been in the league. You're arguing against a player who isn't even 30 yet.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
He might have meant more, but Getzlaf currently means more. Not to mention Kariya was in Anaheim longer than Getzlaf has even been in the league. You're arguing against a player who isn't even 30 yet.
we are speaking best duck ever, so you can go somewhere else with your getz. if your ever is last 5 yers, i pity the fool. see the big picture.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Paul4587

Kariya was a great regular season player for us but what did he ever do in the playoffs? The one year we made a run he disappeared completely in the finals and was outproduced by a 40 year old Adam Oates and a streaky Petr Sykora.

Kariya was a far more exiting player to watch than Getzlaf and had some individual seasons that Getzlaf likely won't touch (points wise at least) but Getzlaf has actually showed up in the playoffs and despite being only 27 is already second in playoff scoring in franchise history behind only Selanne.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Kariya was a great regular season player for us but what did he ever do in the playoffs? The one year we made a run he disappeared completely in the finals and was outproduced by a 40 year old Adam Oates and a streaky Petr Sykora.

Kariya was a far more exiting player to watch than Getzlaf and had some individual seasons that Getzlaf likely won't touch (points wise at least) but Getzlaf has actually showed up in the playoffs and despite being only 27 is already second in playoff scoring in franchise history behind only Selanne.
Kariya played 989 games and made 989 points. 9 of those seasons he was a Duck.
In his career he made 672 points in the Duck jersey.

Ryan Getzlaf is now in numbers as a Duck: 472 points and 8 years in the Ducks.

Last edited by Sojourn: 05-16-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Stop antagonizing
Old
05-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Kariya played 989 games and made 989 points. 9 of those seasons he was a Duck.
In his career he made 672 points in the Duck jersey.

Ryan Getzlaf is now in numbers as a Duck: 472 points and 8 years in the Ducks.
Why are you ignoring the fact that Getzlaf has been significantly better in the playoffs?

And I agreed Kariya was a better regular season player than Getzlaf has been so far. You don't need to keep bringing up the stats. Getzlaf has only been here 7 seasons by the way.

Last edited by snarktacular: 05-16-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:33 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Why are you ignoring the fact that Getzlaf has been significantly better in the playoffs?

And I agreed Kariya was a better regular season player than Getzlaf has been so far. You don't need to keep bringing up the stats. Getzlaf has only been here 7 seasons by the way.

I'm curious to know what you base your facts on? When you say Getzlaf is significantly better in the playoffs what are you basing that off?

Playoffs:
Getzlaf averages .85 pts/g
Kariya averaged .84 pts/g

Just because it's recent doesn't make it significantly better maybe just fresher memories?

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:

significantly better in the playoffs, lol. play more ps3. only truht in your sentences is that getz HAS BEEN.
Still hoping that he will be the captain what Ducks need. Like Selanne said, he have all the power to be number one center in the league, but he dont want it.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
I'm curious to know what you base your facts on? When you say Getzlaf is significantly better in the playoffs what are you basing that off?

Playoffs:
Getzlaf averages .85 pts/g
Kariya averaged .84 pts/g

Just because it's recent doesn't make it significantly better maybe just fresher memories?
Based off watching.

Kariya only made it out of the second round once and he put up all of 12 points in 21 games that year after scoring 81 points in the regular season. Getzlaf was our best offensive forward the year we won the cup where as Kariya completely disappeared in the '03 finals, being held pointless in 5 of the 7 games against NJ. Getzlaf did far more against SJ and Detroit in '09 alone than Kariya ever did in the postseason.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
significantly better in the playoffs, lol. play more ps3. only truht in your sentences is that getz HAS BEEN.
I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here. This sentence is all kinds of ********.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here. This sentence is all kinds of ********.
ok. i was wrong. getzlaf is best Duck of all time.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
ok. i was wrong. getzlaf is best Duck of all time.
Not once have I said Getzlaf is the best Duck of all time. I value him more than Kariya overall largely due to Getzlaf actually showing up when it counts in the postseason.

I will be the first to admit that Kariya was the better regular season player and obviously Kariya was the more popular player (while he was here), being the face of the franchise until he left in 2003.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Not once have I said Getzlaf is the best Duck of all time. I value him more than Kariya overall largely due to Getzlaf actually showing up when it counts in the postseason.

I will be the first to admit that Kariya was the better regular season player and obviously Kariya was the more popular player (while he was here), being the face of the franchise until he left in 2003.
Yep. More points, more years, more popularity. Maybe Getz will be some day bigger than Paul, but till hes behind.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Yep. More points, more years, more popularity. Maybe Getz will be some day bigger than Paul, but till hes behind.
In your opinion.

Old
05-16-2012, 09:58 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Based off watching.

Kariya only made it out of the second round once and he put up all of 12 points in 21 games that year after scoring 81 points in the regular season. Getzlaf was our best offensive forward the year we won the cup where as Kariya completely disappeared in the '03 finals, being held pointless in 5 of the 7 games against NJ. Getzlaf did far more against SJ and Detroit in '09 alone than Kariya ever did in the postseason.
You do realize it's a team sport. Please don't use Kariya only making it passed the second round once as your basis.

Getzlaf has played only significantly better teams and did it twice hot damn! Lol

I'm not going to argue who's better but seriously don't use that for the basis of your argument.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
You do realize it's a team sport. Please don't use Kariya only making it passed the second round once as your basis.

Getzlaf has played only significantly better teams and did it twice hot damn! Lol

I'm not going to argue who's better but seriously don't use that for the basis of your argument.
It's not the basis of my argument. It's a small part of it, Kariya was on a stacked Avs team in '04 that didn't go anywhere, he was also a go to guy on the staked Nashville team in '07 that didn't get out of the first round so it's not like he's been on crappy disney owned teams his whole career. Getzlaf has only played 7 seasons compared to Kariya's 15 and has already surpassed Kariya in playoff GP and playoff points and outside of the three years we had Nieds and Pronger we haven't exactly been a powerhouse.

The main part of my argument though was Kariya and his disappearing act the one one time he did make it past the second round compared with Getzlaf leading the Ducks in points the year they won the cup and carrying the teams offense on his back against SJ and Detroit in '09. Both those feats are far greater than anything Kariya ever did in the playoffs.